“Go underground for ambience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant White Horse

Restaurant White Horse
Staromestske Namesti, 548/20 | Old Town Square, Prague 110 00 Praha 1, Czech Republic (Stare Mesto (Old Town))
+420 221 421 160
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #392 of 4,272 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Steakhouse, International, European, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Description: White Horse Restaurant is located into a magical location of Prague's Old Town Square. It was built in unique Romanesque cellars of the 12th century in historic building At the Golden Unicorn listed by the UNESCO. The pleasant atmosphere of the restaurant is enhanced each evening with live music. The capacity of 130 seats in the restaurant makes it a suitable venue for receptions, social and corporate events. Our outdoor garden offers unique seating right on the Old Town Square with views of the Old Town Hall and its astronomical clock from the 14th century.
Sydney, Australia
“Go underground for ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

A short sharp shower during an afternoon stroll in Prague's city center led us to experience a most exciting restaurants. All covered seats were taken so we were invited to check out the exquisite underground cellars from the 13th century converted to a most interesting bar/ restaurant. And what a most pleasant surprise it was. We enjoyed a lovely beverage or two but did not test the menu which really did look inviting. Try it, we are sure you will like it and don't forget to "go underground".

Visited July 2014

• Czech first
“Excellent ambient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I decided for this restaurant in order to meal de traditional czech pork knee. And it resulted in an excellent experience! I was at first tending to go into other lower price restaurants, but this one, instead, has a cost-benefit so excellent. I went to the inside ambient and, with music and an intimist atmosphere in low light, gave a real "taverna" feeling that I really enjoyed in this ancient charming city. The meal couldn't be better, very tasty, the dark beer was excellent, and so were the waiters' attention and humour. I strongly recommend.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Friendly staff & okay food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I wasn't very impressed with the food as I ordered a simple burger and found it to be inedible and stiff as a board. The fries were typical shoestring fries. My friend ordered a sausage meal and enjoyed it. The waitress brought us bread when we asked and our drinks came quickly. At the end of the meal the manager saw that I had not eaten the burger and said that I was not going to pay for it. I told him that I had no problem paying for it since I ordered it and I did not like it, but he insisted that it would be taken off of the bill which I found very kind. I would go back here but I would order a different dish.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Absecon, New Jersey
“Home run!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Friendly staff, fine food, historic atmosphere,excellent live music = home run. We ate most of our meals there. There were plenty of food choices and different musicians were featured each night.

Visited April 2014
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“very touristic, but nice staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

The place was quite nice. There was blankets on the chairs, for when it was getting cold. The staff were super nice, but they gave us warm white wine and still water (after ordering sparkling). Overall, great place :)

Visited April 2014