“Not so happy in Prague :(” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Happy Prague Apartments

You added Happy Prague Apartments to your Saves list
Happy Prague Apartments
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Betlemske Namesti 254/3 | Stare Mesto Praha 1 - Old Town, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic (Stare Mesto (Old Town))   |
Ranked #6 of 550 Specialty Lodging in Prague
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Not so happy in Prague :(”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

There is so much good to write about this place...firstly Ciro's welcome...wonderfully warm and welcoming...thank you. he gave us lots of tips about the language, getting around and how to save money and avoid getting ripped off by the taxi drivers. The apartment was large (number 1) and Ciro was kind enough to open the second bedroom without further cost as I was travelling with my daughter and we didn't want to share the double bed. The location is fantastic....close to all the old town sites, restaurants and good shopping too. The kitchen was equipped with all that was needed. This was a good value for money apartment... Now for the bad...this place is very NOISY. My daughter ended up moving her mattress into the kitchen as that was the furthest from the street. The noise was not only from the street but also other guests going up and down the stairs at all hours. I cannot describe how noisy it was...every night we were woken several times. The curtains/blinds were inadequate to provide privacy, especially when on the ground level when passing pedestrians could see in. This is something that could easily be fixed with better fitting curtains and blinds...but the worst thing was the bath/shower. The first time I got in I slipped over and very badly bruised my arm...the bruise is now black and about 15cms in diameter...quite a nasty injury and very sore. I think the bath in apartment 1 is a real safety hazard because it was very slippery and needs some sort of treatment to make it non-slip. To add a further hazard, the folding shower screen does not keep the water in the shower so the floor becomes very wet presenting a further slip hazard. On the second day the shower head separated from the hose when my daughter was having a shower. I managed to fix it without having to call for help, but it another thing that needs repair. Would I stay there again? Probably not if I am honest because of the problems encountered although if I did I would request an apartment upstairs because I think they would be quieter. I am going to forward my review to the owners because I think it is really important that they address the safety issues so others do not get injured like I did.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
happy-prague, Proprietario at Happy Prague Apartments, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Madame,

Dear travellers,

Thank you for your review and I remember you and your daughter with great joy and sympathy, and believe me I am very happy to have left a good memory of me (this is Ciro writing) and certainly a good memory also of all the staff of Happy Prague for their work. :-))

First of all, I have to say that every review published with genuineness of content is of great value for us, because, besides the information provided to all travellers, it mainly helps the accommodation structures to improve, providing higher and more satisfactory standards in terms of quality and professionalism.... at least that’s what we think at Happy Prague. :-))

Based on the introduction, unfortunately I have to express my disagreement on some points of your review and your respectable opinion, because they can be misleading for future readers, travellers and potential guests of Happy Prague. I am forced to contest and clarify the following:
1) Noise
The Happy Prague si located right in the heart of the Old Town of Prague, between Charles Bridge and Old Town Square.
While standing at the centre of the Old Town (which is a favourite destination for all visitors, as everybody knows), compared to other squares and/or places of major tourist flow, it has the reputation of being a quiet location.
Every year Prague is visited by about 6.5 million tourists, so it is very easy that some group of people walks at night in the centre of Prague making noise ... unfortunately we do not have the power to forbid it :-)).
However, it was enough to come to reception and we would have found a solution to the problem, transferring you to a higher floor and replacing the curtains that did not darken enough (I think this is also a very subjective factor). So, it is enough to ask Happy Prague
2) Injury in the bath – unsafe apartment
It’s been now five years since Happy Prague started its activity and I had the honour and great pleasure to have had so many people of different nationalities, who stayed in the apartments of Happy Prague.
In this period of time, there was no accident inside the apartments for causes attributable to a lack of safety, nor for our neglect in maintenance; our apartments, especially those located on the ground floor, were occupied even by people with mobility impairments, who always have good memories of happy and satisfying stay at Happy Prague.
All apartments have a bathtub and/or shower trays, which are used in any hotel, leisure apartments, also apartments for private use (for residential use)! Also, in each apartment we provide, just for the SAFETY of guests, internal non-slip mat for the bath, the shower mat, the small wooden footboard to further avoid the contact of the wet feet with the floor, bucket and mop to dry the possibly wet floor ... in your apartment, the number 1, there was everything.
I understand that it is not pleasant to get injured on holiday, and all the staff of Happy Prague is deeply sorry, but sometimes one can make clumsy movements, resulting from many subjective situations, and, because of anger, of course, it is easy to point one’s finger. ....
Allow me also to express my perplexity for your subsequent reaction to injury, as I was informed only hours after you left the Happy Prague (we provide all guests with the emergency contact details of Happy Prague, active 24/7), by sending an email with which you informed me about the injury, and the review posted, to which I am responding now.
I think that normally, when an injury occurs within a hotel, apartment, bed and breakfast, especially if one believes it is owner’s fault, it is a duty to promptly notify the management, to receive at least the first aid, and examine with the management and/or owners the dynamics of the accident to verify the responsibilities.
We at Happy Prague, as I'm sure in all accommodation structures, are equipped with medical kit for first aid and, if necessary, accompany guests at local health facilities for proper care.
I hope that the reply to your review will be interpreted positively and not a start of a long dispute, that would not even make sense.
My response is primarily intended to send you in any case my deep sorrow for what happened, and also to clarify and reassure all travellers and, I hope, future guests of Happy Prague that our apartments are SAFE.
As I wrote in the beginning of the reply, I remember you and your daughter with happiness and joy and surely and definitely I will always remember :-))
We are at your disposal for any further information
Warm greetings from Prague
Ciro , Happy Prague owner and all the staff of Happy prague :-))

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Berwick St John
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Very helpful service from the apartment owners who contacted us prior to our stay to check arrival time and also helped arrange our transfer to the apartments. The building is very secure with locked gates and front door which is very reassuring though sometimes quite frustating working your way through all the various keys.
Location is not bad, probably about 10 minutes from Old Town Square and we were not troubled by any noise. We were also nice and cosy during the very cold week of our stay. The apartment is well apppointed, although we did not prepare anything other than tea and coffee. The free wi-fi was most welcome as the cold weather kept us indoors on one afternoon.
My only criticism was the shower. The shower head fitting was loose meaning it pointed down into the wall most of the time which not only made washing your hair difficult, but in trying to solve this problem, I ended up with a lot of water on the floor (the shower screen was not well fitting either). I was able to clean it up with the mop and bucket provided but not really how I wanted to spend my first morning in Prague!
I've been to Prague before and I probably would like to be a little closer to the Square but would certainly not hold it against Happy Prague which was reasonably good value I thought.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Freiberg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The hotel was very lovely Maisonette type. Excellent location. Friendly and helpful staff! Nice hot water to take a bath. We didn't use the kitchen but there was everything you need to cook. For this price there is nothing to complain. :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
dublin, ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

These are very nicely renovated apartments in an atmospheric little piazza in the old town in Prague. The apartment owners are really nice Italians and will give you a lovely Italian welcome in Prague. Warmly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Cologne, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The appartment was very clean and you have a lot of space.
Everything you need you can find in the appartment. Also with a small kitchenette.
The manager of hotel is very friendly so we had a really good check-in/ and out.
He helps you in all belongings and has a answer to all your questions.
The location is very central so you can reach everything by walking. The Karlsbrücke is only 3-4 min.
Best regards from Cologne
Özkan

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
happy-prague, Happy Prague Staff at Happy Prague Apartments, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your time sept here in HAPPY PRAGUE and in wirting the review..

Hoping to welcome you again as soon as possible and thank you very much once again for your words,

Kind regards and see you soon!

Happy Prague Staff
Astana, Kazakhstan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We are a family of six with children ages 6 to 14. We stayed at Happy Prague for a week at the end of December and would highly recommend it to other families. The apartment we were in had two large bedrooms and a pullout sofa which was comfortable. The kitchen was adequately stocked with the basics for making meals and we had most of our meals in the apartment. There was a large grocery store nearby so if we ran short of food it was easy enough to walk to the store. The apartment had two bathrooms and one bathtub/shower. The location was excellent and easy walking distance to most tourist destinations. The building itself is a tourist destination. The people running the apartments were very helpful, providing pickup from the train station and dropoff at the airport. They were also very helpful in suggesting good restaurants. A minor complaint I had was that some small repair work was needed, particularly with doors that didn't quite close properly or didn't lock. We would highly recommend Happy Prague to other families with children and look forward to staying there again next time we pass through Prague.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Prague
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed in this hotel during the X-mas holidays. The first thing I'd like to say is a BIG THANK YOU to Antonio. Our appartments were very big,cosy and clean. The location is perfect-about three minutes to Charles bridge and about five to the center. In appartment there was a kitchen so we cooked ourselves.A very big food-shop is very close to the hotel.We really enjoyed our living there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Happy Prague Apartments? Share your experiences!