“Good but problem with bar and tv” 3 of 5 stars

Iris Congress Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Vladivostocka 2, Prague 100 00, Czech Republic   |
Ranked #275 of 661 Hotels in Prague
Katowice, Poland
“Good but problem with bar and tv”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

The Exe Iris Congres Hotel in Praha Vrsovice is quite good but we had problem with bar, it was Friday evening and this hotel bar was closed. And the receptionist was unpolite. I asked her how the Four stars hotel has the closed bar. She said: it is normal. But in that range hotel there should be opened bar. Wifi is quite good. Breakfast is typical almost fresh. ;).. Tv set in my room doesn't work. I asked at first day to fix it. But they did not.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tirana, Albania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights in this hotel during my trip in Prague. It may be a bit far from the city center, for those who want to walk to get there. There is public transport near the hotel which takes you everywhere you want. There is also a big shopping mall near the hotel. Great rooms, very clean and very helpful staff that spoke very good English.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

When I back to room at next night, they didn't change bed sheets, it just pretend to changed. I called front desk, she talking was so rude, after I explained what was happen, she changed voice tone, then said, "sorry, sorry…" but she said, "alone tonight, that's why can't go to change sheets". when I was check-out, I left a letter that is "customer opinion" what I happened.
After a couple days later, hotel manager reply me, and he wrote "Nobody forgot to change your linen we change."
I don't want to have a stupid letter, that I just wanted to explain what happened.
I was so disappointed what they said. They said four star, I never think so. I feel this hotel is minus four star because staff rude, food poor, TV poor system, dirty sheets n never change.

• Stayed September 2013
Stavanger, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed here for 8 nights in August. Reception is welcoming and happy to help for your inquiries.
The room is very, very clean. The bed is good, the internet is superfast, free and reliable. Room is fresh and fascilities are fine (although a kettle in the room would be great). Breakfast is okei, including the basic stuff you would expect from an international Hotel.

About 15 minutes with tram into town, shopping mall including Tesco and McDonalds about one minute walk from the Hotel.

Overall, nice, clean and modern Hotel a bit outside from city centre.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I did not stay at this hotel. But our luggage got lost by the airlines and we had no way of retrieving it, aside from waiting around all day at the small apartment we had rented. Not knowing when or even IF it would arrive due to a massive mix up by the airline.

We walked to this hotel and asked the manager and front desk staff if they would help us. They did not hesitate. They even called the airline for us to tell them to deliver the luggage there. They would accept and hold the luggage for us until we could come get it.

We were able to go out and see the city (we wore the same clothes for 3 days) and when we returned the next evening, there was our luggage. I have no idea if this hotel is good or not. But we wanted you to know the kindness they did for us when we were far away from home and had nothing in a city we knew nothing about.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Tallinn, Estonia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The sole purpose of my visit to Prague was attending a concert on Synot Tip Arena and the hotel was definitely the best place to spend the night after in. It is located right in the building of the stadium. But I guess it can be seen as a disadvantage as well - I I imagine it can get quite loud during matches/concerts and the hotel and the surrounding areas are very crowded afterwards.
I arrived around 13:45 and was checked in immediately. They offered to pay right away which I did.
I was traveling alone and yet I found a twin room at my disposal - no complaints about this though! :) The room was very neat. TV has about 20 channels, 10 are czech and the rest are German, English, Russian.

There is a shopping center with a huge grocery store just across the street. It took me about 20 minutes to get from the hotel to the city center by public transport.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night when we were going to a concert at the stadium. The hotel is actually within the stadium which is absolutely perfect when you are tired efter a long day at a consert or a football game. No need to wait in line for public transportation.
When we checked in, the guy at the reseption asked us if we wanted a room with a view of the stadium and we accepted. The room was located directly behinf the stage and we found it really interesting to watch the stage beein set up and put down again.
Apart from the statium and a not so interesting shopping mall, there is not much to see or do in the area so I would not recommend the hotel if your intention is to see Praque. But for our use, it was perfect.
Room was small, but clean. We did not try the breakfast so I cannot comment on that.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Iris Congress Hotel? Share your experiences!