“Nice bookstore and tasty food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Globe Bookstore and Cafe

The Globe Bookstore and Cafe
Pstrossova 6, Prague, Czech Republic (Nove Mesto (New Town))
+420 224 934 203
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #571 of 4,272 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: American, Cafe, International, Vegetarian
Dining options: Drinks, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
“Nice bookstore and tasty food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

The bookstore has only English books, although a bit small it has got a good selection of recent and classic literature. Good ambiance. Free wifi. The café also has a garden. Food is great (club sandwich & waffle)! Friendly staff.

• Greek first
Prague, Czech Republic
“This place just sucks...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

This was our first and last visit. We went for the karaoke which was a real disappointment. As long as you are not a friend of a "DJ" you will sing once. They just want their friends to sing. It does not matter that you are the first one in the pub who registered several songs to sing and it also does not matter that 99% of singers are men. It just seemed to as that there is no place for a woman who ist here for the 1st time. Service was even worse though. Non-existent I would say. We had to order 3x at the bar if we wanted to drink something. And then in the end a guy came with our bill to be paid. Nothing like "last drinks" or polite way of saying we should start thinking about leaving as they are closing. Just a bill (which we had to bring back to the bar with our money as they did not even care about this) and a very rude "you should go, it is actually closed already". So we had to wait for our cabs in front of the pub in the middle of the night (while the bunch of their friend was still inside having fun). Oh and remember you will stink like an ashtray as this is a smoking place with no effective ventilation/AC. I have not been is such a terrible place for a very very long time!

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Prague, Czech Republic
“Great food if you've got the time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I have been living in Prague for 4 months doing Undergrad and Globe is definitely one of my favorite spots! There is a wide range of "American" options and the prices are reasonable. Brought my family here while they visited and they loved it as well and even came back a second time. As a student I don't really ever have a rush to be anywhere, but to all of the busy travelers trying to get from point A to point B: keep in mind a meal is easily an 1 1/2-2 hour ordeal. It is worth it as the food is obviously very fresh but can be time consuming. I would definitely reccomend this restaurant to any student as a great place to study as well.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Good, bad and ugly!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

It's a nice place. Bookstore is in front and restaurant is in the back. The food is average. It's not best hamburger in Prague or anything especial. But it's alright and very cheap. But I was there today and service was horrible. Just one waiter, already tired and alone with lots of costumer. He was even kind of angry! At some point I wanted to tell him it's not our fault that he doesn't have any help!!! But anyway I will go there one more time and u give them another chance later. Let's see if we are going have better experience or not.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Step it up for the kids”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We love to go to the Globe Bookstore and Cafe. It used to be the perfect family spot. Especially in the winter - brunch and story time at Globe was a great program.
But I was just recently there again and left somewhat disappointed. Globe is a perfect family spot. However the attention to kids was what I missed last time. When we received the kids brunch menus our kids sight as the puzzle and the coloring pictures has not changed in 3 years. They said they already knew the answer! And it is just sooo easy to change the coloring paper for kids each month or so. They would be so excited to see something new. And - the crayon dish was so bad with broken crayons and pencils that did not color. I felt it was quite unsanitary to grab inside this plastic cup. Last but not least my kids are always excited to see books at the bookstore. Very often we go and buy books there. Last time though my son came back and told me that the man behind the counter told him he could not look inside the books unless he bought them...strange strategy. I would never buy a book that I could not look inside and see it. So - food is always nice, atmosphere as well, Lilly on Sundays is awesome, but you have to step it up in the little details for kids. Because if my kids are happy, I am happy.

• Visited April 2014