“Enjoy the view!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Velkoprevorsky Mlyn

Velkoprevorsky Mlyn
Hroznova, 636/3A, Prague, Czech Republic (Mala Strana (Little Quarter))
420 530-300
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,674 of 4,199 Restaurants in Prague
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mala Strana (Little Quarter)
“Enjoy the view!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We took shelter here from the rain, after visiting the John Lennon Wall. The cafe/restaurant has a very nice terasse next to Devil's Stream with a view of a running water mill. We were warmly received and quickly served. A quiet rest spot with an easy to read menu as it is full of pictures of every dish! As we were offered menus immediately upon sitting down we knew their prices to be a bit higher than others. But the cozy garden and the steady rain encouraged us to stay and enjoy. Sit by the Steam and enjoy the view.

Visited July 2013

• Greek first
  • Polish first
west yorkshire uk
“Lovely meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had the excellent fish platter for two and some very pleasant inexpensive local wine. The food was very good and a delightful location. We thought it was good value and would recommend it.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Watch out for the pretzel trap”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Decided to stop for a bite to eat here as the location is very pleasant, with outdoor tables overlooking what appears to be a canal. You can also see the Charles bridge in the background and its generally a lovely spot.

Unfortunately, as others here have mentioned, its a bit of a tourist trap. Most expensive drinks I have seen in Prague actually. A beer will set up back 90 CZK for 0.5 litres :-( Generally local places charge around 30 and I've paid 60 in more up market or touristy places. Needless to say I limited myself to one drink with the meal. Soft drink prices were also high as I remember, with pathetic 0.2 litre measures.

The food itself was perfectly nice. Not amazing and slightly more expensive than elsewhere, but not bad. However what really annoyed me was being charged 60 CZK for two pretzels that I'd eaten while waiting for the food. I naively thought they were left on the table as a free bar snack. Certainly not worth paying for and 30 CZK is criminal. So please avoid this trap.

They will in any case bring you a mountain of bread with a compulsory 50 CZK charge to go with the meal. I did not eat much of this and should have really fed it to the ducks! Bread did not arrive until I had been trapped by the pretzels by the way!

Finally as mentioned in other reviews the waitress expected a 10% tip and suggested that when giving my change. I always tip anyway, but I think its nicer to let the customer decide.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Almere-Stad, Flevoland, Netherlands
“Thumbs up...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We visited this restaurant on the 25th of april 2013. This was the first restaurant we went to that week that thought of offering us a highchair for my son. The food was good, the portion sizes were too big for me and my dad. The prices are a bit higher then some restaurants you can find around Prague but taking in account for the portion sizes its good value. SO a thumbs up from us.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Great location but quiet and peaceful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Good honest local food and great service. Away from the hustle of Charles Bridge, but close enough to all the sites.

Visited April 2013