“Avoid Avoid AVOID!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Velkoprevorsky Mlyn

Velkoprevorsky Mlyn
Hroznova, 636/3A, Prague, Czech Republic (Mala Strana (Little Quarter))
420 530-300
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,856 of 4,271 Restaurants in Prague
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mala Strana (Little Quarter)
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Avoid Avoid AVOID!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have just returned from our visit to Prague having visited many lovely and cheap eateries and drinking places. This was by far the worst of them all.

We are usually very prudent when eating abroad. We do our research and find the best places. Having walked around the mill earlier in the day, we spotted the restaurant with it's heated outdoor section and immediately thought it would be a great romantic spot - not thinking that we even needed to read the reviews as it looked so nice.

When we arrived we asked if it was warm in the outdoor section and the waitress said "no". There was one heater on but there were about 7 or 8 in the whole section. Another couple were in the restaurant and they were sitting with their coats on!! So not a great start...

We asked to sit inside and we were the only people there so ordered drinks. They took ages to arrive and they even came after the starter we had ordered. In the meantime the waitress also gave us bread which we didn't eat.

Everything was just ok until we got the bill. It came before our plates had even properly been cleared away, along with a calculator automatically adding 20% service charge. This on top of the 50 koruna charge per person for the bread which ended up, for 4 of us, being £7! There was then another charge for 150 for chips which we didn't get and another for dumplings for the goulash we ordered (which appeared to be included in the menu)

The attitude of the people here is complete rip off nature. We didn't leave a TIP and the waitress recounted the money several times before just asking "TIP?"...

In the end I think it cost us £100 in total. We then ate somewhere the night after which was just fantastic at 1/2 the price.... we even went to a beer hall in the old town and the food looked great... plenty more to pick from so avoid this one at all costs!

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
  • Polish first
“Worst place to go !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

We spent 4 days in Praha. So many good restaurants we seen: typicall, international...
But this one is very expensive: 820 cz for 1soup and gniocchis. 1small beer, 1 tea and 2 coffees !
And very light portions...
Tip is not included for this price. Additionaly the lady presented a calculator with 20% tips...
So 900 cz for a meal for one dish !...

“Worst experience in Prague”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We saw this restaurant earlier and we were really excited about visiting this place because it looked so romantic and pleasant. The reality was something really different. As soon as we entered the restaurant the waiter told us, we need to order a dinner because it's dinner time and they have "only" 9 tables. Our plan was just some boiled wine because we had some meal a few hours ago but ok, after the walk to our romantic restaurant, we could have something small... So we ordered boiled wine and goulash soup in bread. After few minutes the waitress came with boiled wine. The wine was awful! It tasted like some synthetic syrup... And "only" for 90 kč/one! That was the worst and the most expensive boiled wine I've ever had. Then, the goulash soup. I had this soup many times, especially in Prague, but for 140kč it was something terrible. The bread was like from freezer. In the soup were some half boiled potatoes and minced meat. Disgusting. After all this our good mood was gone so we called the waiteress for bill. The waitress came with bill and there were 2 prices. The first was the price for meal & drinks. The second was with tip. I think, it's on the guest how big the tip will be. Don't you think so? It should be about 10% of the total amount as I think. NO! In this restaurant they have their own rules and they came with a calculator and make you their own price with their 20% tip. That was the last hit, after that one I decided to write this review. Be aware of this restaurant. It is the worst restaurant in the whole city.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Athens, Greece
“A tourist trap!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I wanted to share with your readers our very bad experience in this restaurant.I wish I had read all the previous bad comments earlier.It's all true,it's a disgrace for Prague and I think that some local / city authority should close down this tourist trap.
It is not just overpriced when it comes to the bill..It is a matter of bad attitude,bad manners and cheating!
We paid more than 70 euros for 3 beers,1 ceasar salad,1 sausage plate and a bad ,small pork skewer.I had an argument with the waitress and a guy who said he was in charge but I only got back a small part of the tip.Incidents like that can spoil one's stay in Prague.
Very dissapointing!

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WARNING ....STAY AWAY!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

I really wish I had read the former reviews of this restaurant before I threw away my money!
My friend and I had noticed the beautiful setting of the restaurant the day before whilst exploring the city.
So the very next day we purposely went back for lunch. BIG MISTAKE!!!
We had the rudest waitress who couldn't care less. We chose our food from a picture menu which definitely does not match the food delivered to the table and then when you get the bill!!!!!! As everyone else in this review we were stung with the added on extras and 20% service charge. My friend queried the bill and the added extras and was laughed at when she said it was the worst service ever! We are still waiting for the water we asked for 3 times.
Not only terrible food and service but the most expensive food in Prague. We could have had a two course meal in the Four Seasons FOR LESS!!!
STAY AWAY.