“Truly amazing dinner” 5 of 5 stars
Review of U Emy Destinnove

U Emy Destinnove
Katerinska 1526/7, Prague 120 00, Czech Republic (Praha 2)
+420 224 918 425
Neighborhood: Praha 2
San Marcos, California
“Truly amazing dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Went based on a recommendation from our hotel. And my wife and I really enjoyed our meal. I had wild boar and my wife had roast duck. We both had pheasant for an appetizer and everything was cooked perfectly. Our server selected a bottle of local wine and it was as good as the food and service.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“The Corn Chowder is to die for.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

First and foremost, I love soup. I've had my share of corn chowder which I admit I've liked. Hands down this is the best. I was tempted to lick the bowl, but I didn't want to embarrass myself so I used the bread instead. I also had the dinner salad with the honey Dijon dressing, very tasty. If I lived locally I would consider this one of my weekly restaurants, but alas I don't. So I must savor the moment. Also the seating included traditional table and chairs, but I was elated with the extra comfy couch with table. Also my dog was able to sit next to me in her tote, BIG plus.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent & Good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My first dinner at U Emi with few friends.

The welcome was very warm and we seat at a nice table in a small room on the back of the main dining area. Very quiet place. I've selected the (degustation) tasting menu with Tuna Carpaccio, Shrimp Cake with a great sauce, (shrimps maybe a bit over cooked) and a nice piece of beef with mashed potatoes. Few vegetables would have been nice.
Excellent dinner at a very good price.
I think the decor seems a bit sad compare to the Chef who's very present and friendly. It's does not reflect his personality.
We had a beautiful evening and U Emi was a great experience. I will go back for sure!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hamburg, Germany
“A Sure Bet - Excellent Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have been to U Emy now twice, three times if you count the Prague Food Festival. I had the corn chowder soup and the venison carpaccio as starters. The chowder was a dream. The carpaccio was so tender and tasty--the meat practically melts in your mouth. My mains were the steak tartar mixed right by the table, so I could be picky and tell the waiter which spices and sauces I wanted in it, and the New York strip steak. The steak tasted like home (northern Missouri) as the beef comes from Kansas, very tender and grilled exactly like I ordered it (medium rare). Tried only one desert--the sorbets--also excellent. I don't think you can go wrong here.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Perfect meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

We got here following our hotel's recommendation, and I have to admit I was quite skeptical... The service was brilliant (when the waiter understood i'm vegetarian he offered they would do something for me that wasn't on the Menu at all), the food was tasty and beautifully served. On an overlook, it has the quality of a high ranked restaurant for a more average prices.

Visited May 2013