“Enjoyable stay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Beverley, England, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights in October in an 8 bed dorm, unfortunately the one with the strange paintings which was unnerving after a few too many drinks... The staff were friendly and helpful and spoke good English and the common area was huge and nearly impossible not to meet new people. It was under a 5 minute walk to the main square which has plenty of bars and restaurants and a "Tesco" across the road which is very helpful when cooking from the hostel. The only downside is that the bunk beds could have done with individual lamps as we had to check out early one morning which meant turning the main light on which wasn't very appropriate. Overall we enjoyed our stay and would recommend it especially to backpackers.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Maribor, Slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The hostel was great, with a lot of free evening activities, like cooking and castle tour walk, all led by Kristian, really cool and funny guy. The only problem I had with this hostel was that I had to walk through another room to get to mine, which was really disturbing when I had to go to the toilet at night and woke everyone up. :)

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I enjoyed my time at this hostel. The staff were very pleasant and helpful when we asked them about places we needed to find. The castle night tour with Kristian was awesome! He was very informative and incorporated pictures and music into his tour. I totally appreciated it! They also have an AYCE breakfast buffet that I enjoyed very much! I would stay there again!

Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Subject: Hostel Downtown
Location: Prague, Bohemia, Czech Republic, Europe
Title: Extra Activities at Hostel Downtown in Prague
ID#: 174167497

I went to the Hostel Downtown because it has separate women's dorms and its location is good, close to the river and the Old Town in Prague. I really appreciated the friendliness of the staff and the open, airy clean feeling of the place. The night walk with Christian was really memorable. We walked fast for four hours (8 to midnight) from the hostel up into the Castle District and past so many sights that I had seen by day and many places I could never have found on my own. Christian really knows his history and has a sharp wit. The Old Town of Prague is really beautiful at night, all lit up. It was fun seeing it with a lively group. I appreciated too the other extra activities offered at the Downtown Hostel even making potato soup together.

Room Tip: I appreciated that they have a women's dorm in addition to having mixed dorms.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The staff were great and there 24 hours to help! I liked the fact that we weren't directly in the bar district which meant that it was quiet at night. That being said, we only had to walk 5 minutes to get to the party center so we were quite happy with the location. The kitchen and common rooms were impeccable!

My boyfriend and I stayed in private room with ensuite 402(?) which had room for three people. The room was very spacious and had a huge bay window that opens onto Narodni street. It also had a small but functional bathroom and its own foyer, it was worth every penny! Loved the rustic charm and it felt really private which is unusual for a hostel.

We also stayed in the mixed dorm (room 102) on our last day which I was not impressed with because the beds were uncomfortable and I think I am getting a little old (32 years old) for the whole sharing a room thing... lol. However, I can see how it might work for younger solo travellers who just want a cheap bed to crash in.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Way better than what I was expecting. I was staying in a 2-bed private room with private bathroom, which was very spacious and in good condition. The location is good, 5 minutes of walking from Old Town Square. The staff was wonderfully helpful as well, breakfast is cheap and cheerful. This place is very much oriented towards young people (as a hostel) with a "social" atmosphere, it's easy to hook up with new people. Free Wi-Fi across the place.

Langley City, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We arrived at this hostel on our bicycles and a very warm day.

The front desk had obviously seen us and immediately opened up the secure bicycle storage for us. On arrival at the front desk we were greeted with a large glass of cold water.

It took five minutes to complete the paper work and we were in our private room.

The staff was friendly, informative and helpful. Tours were organised for the guests and everything was within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hostel Downtown? Share your experiences!