“Delicious food and a lovely beer garden” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Plzensky Restaurant Andel

Plzensky Restaurant Andel
Nadrazni 114, Prague 15000, Czech Republic (Praha 5)
Improve this listing
Ranked #563 of 4,242 Restaurants in Prague
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Praha 5
Jyvaskyla, Finland
“Delicious food and a lovely beer garden”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We ate at this restaurant twice during our 4-day stay in Prague, that is how much we liked it. Both evenings it was full (not surprising!) so the waiters were really busy. However, there were no problems with ordering or anything. For a vegetarian there were three options on the menu (2 of which were under the heading 'salads') so not too many options, but I enjoyed both two dinners I had there. The beer garden was lovely and the atmosphere great. Beer is obviously good. I would definitely go again.

• Visited June 2013

• Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
nottingham
“Best beer ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Hi, this was my sixth visit to Prague spread over the last 12 yrs , I have tasted many different beers ,most memorable being the budvar, in the brewery itself,but recently there is more choice of micro brewery outlets and we tended to seek these out rather than the big brand ones.So I come out of the metro at Andel on our way to the excellent Jamajka pub nearby,but thirst prevailed and fancied a quick beer and the Andel restaurant looked inviting, have been to the Urquell brewery and was ok but always preferred the Budvar until I tasted the Andells Urquell,The quick one turned into 3 and the most refreshing beer ,moorish is another word to use, Tried the food on the next visit and just had the beer starters , they were excellent as well.

• Visited May 2013
Brighton
“Good atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stopped here around 10pm on a warm day in May on the way back to our hotel

Found a table within minutes and served beer straight away, food looked good but we only had some crisps. Service very good, and good English spoken, including English menus.

• Visited May 2013
Vacduka, Hungary
“Smoked everything”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I walked in this buzzing place with a broad smile and expectations for high atmosphere, great food and a good beer. Suprisingly, for the first like 5 minutes none of the rushing waiters cared to stop for me and offer me a seat. When I then walked to a empty table, I was told it is reserved, but no sign was placed on it.
It took me some time to recognize that the huge bowl on the table is an ashtray, and looking around I recognized I was probably the only non-chain-smoker in the house. My parents would smoke hard, I grew up amongst cigarettes, but this place just stank, the indoors hall had no ventilation whatsoever.
I got my table, my English menu, my first Pilsner that was OK, then it all went wrong again.
Following recommendations here, I chose a Czech specialty, and I was justly surprised to get it in three minutes. The dumplings were fresh and the oldish, multiple times warmed sauce still tasty. The meat was tough and dry, almost impossible to cut with the inadequate knife I got. The visual impression of the dish was ugly, tired, uninterested as well.
My second beer tasted strange, like iced water. First I suspected that they overcooled it somehow, but by the end it was clear that they fooled it with a hint of fresh iced water.
I will not return.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Prague, Czech Republic
“Less Than Meets the Eyes”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is an example of what has happened to places that enjoy great location. While not in the so called "Historic Centre", Andel is a transit and shopping hub. There are serval dozens of restaurants and pubs within steps from the metro exit. This is also an area that has become a business centre, so it also caters to those employees searching for a good meal for lunch, or a convenient place to meet after work.
With this in mind, it is surprising that the Plzensky Restaurant Andel does not attract more of them. Too much competition from better venues in the neighbourhood. Not only is the service wanting, the price is steep, and the dishes are nothing to write home about.
Still on any given day during the tourist season, the seats are filled and a cold beer in the outside courtyard is refreshing. Don't count on too much attention, or smile. For the money, you can certainly do better in this part of Prague.

Visited December 2012