“Great Location, Terrible Service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Metamorphis Excellent

You added Metamorphis Excellent to your Saves list
Metamorphis Excellent
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Tyn 10/644 | Praha 1, Prague 110 00 , Czech Republic (Praha 1)   |
Ranked #267 of 661 Hotels in Prague
Berlin, Germany
“Great Location, Terrible Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

I booked this hotel for a week-end in Prague. I wanted a comfortable place, well located. I chose it after reading some of the reviews.

It seems to me like the hotel accepted my booking (done through one of the partners listed in this site) even knowing they didn´t have rooms available, so when I got there they gave me a room in a lower category hotel (Metamorphis, 4 stars). This hotel is in the same square as the one I actually paid for (Metamorphis Excellent, 5 stars). Of course, I complained. There are plenty of much cheaper hotels in Prague, with the same category, a similar location, and far better service. I wanted a 5 stars, which is what I paid for. They refused to give my money back. Instead, I got a room in the lower class hotel. The night was terribly hot and the room had the aircon broken !!! Then, they brought me a fan so noisy it didn't let me sleep. So I spent most of the night switching the aircon on and off, opening the window and closing it (the noise from the people hanging around outside until over 2 am was too loud). Terrible.

After this nightmare sleepless night, the day after they moved me to the actual Metamorphis Excellent (5 stars). The room was ok, very clean and nicely decorated, although very small. The access to the room was not easy (no elevator). The challenge in this occasion were the curtains, which were small and didn't block the light from outside. The result was another night without proper sleep.
Through all these issues the service was simply terrible. With a very strong attitude and ill manners. And of course, unable to offer me a solution. I just wanted to have a normal sleep (I gave up asking for a comfortable one).

The only thing I can say was good about this hotel was the location. All the rest was just a nightmare to forget. And of course, the city, Prague, is absolutelly wonderful.

Pros:
* Location
* Rooms in the 5 stars hotel (Metamorphis Excellent) clean and nicely decorated

Cons:
* Terrible Service
* Gave me accommodation in a different, lower class hotel
* The worst sleep quality in all the hotels and all categories I have used in my life (I travel very frequently for work).
* Small rooms
* Small bathroom. No bathtube.
* No internet in the rooms (only one computer close to the desk)
* No elevator. No adapted for handicapped travellers.

Based on my own experience I heartedly discourage anybody from choosing this hotel.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Happy traveller from wiltshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

Room was super well equiped tea and coffee replenished every day, good breakfast both hot and cold food, excellent location just off Tyne square short walking distance to Charles bridge, Jewish quarters. Great coffee and snacks in the bakers by the hotel. Do try the Staromacek restaurant Dlouha 4 just off the main square, great atmosphere lovely local food try the plum and ham skewer starter. Can,t wait to go back to Prague again and would defianty choose the Metamophis Excellent again. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Zagreb,Croatia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2010

I came back yesterday from Prague and hmmm, not really sure how to start with the review of the hotel.
First the good things: location is perfect - 1min from the Old town square but in a nice, quite square, our apartment no.824 was really nice-big,cozy,huge bathroom with a jacuzzi and a huge shower, sitting area, lcd tv with surround sistem, 2 big windows etc, it was clean...
Bad things: i was expecting czech hospitality at least in the hotel-you can only dream of it!they are professional but not in a good way..On the day of booking (wednesday) of the hotel i recived a email from the hotel that my CC was expired altough i way paying with that card the same day and the day after and that i should make a reservation with another CC wich i made on friday and i didn't get any confirmation if the second CC was ok altough i called them on thursday&friday and they couldn't give me any info about my CC's. During my stay i realised that my first CC was charged-i went to the reception and the lady told me that the card was charged on WEDNESDAY evening and that i should talk to the menager the second day which i did and she told me that she sent me a confirmation email the day the reservation was made but i didnt recive any - why the hell they didn't told me any of this when i was calling them on thursday&friday??? so i think the manager made up the confirmation email. Furthermore, we didnt get the slippers and the bathrobes and big minus is the breakfast - that is NOT A 5* breakfast-you will see.

That's most of it, i belive..i would recomend the hotel to anyone cos of the location and the big apartment but the hotel staff is not so good (except the guy with the long hair-he was nice).

!! IMPORTANT !! - watch out where your change your money and be sure to ask EVERY TIME THE SAME QUESTION: How much czech crowns can i get for 100 euros,dollars... - that way they can't cheat on you!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2009

My wife and I stayed here for four nights in September and found it to be a very nice hotel. The only problems we had was finding it on the first day and getting up to our room. There are no elevators and our room was located on teh thrid floor. It was 60 steps up to the third level. You need to be in good shape to climb the stairs several times a day. Its location is perfect. Close to everything in the old town.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Dufftown, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

We stayed here for three nights during a short break to Prague. The hotel is in the pedestrian precinct area adjacent to the Old Town Square but separated from it by a couple of streets and a small square. The hotel is small - at a guess about sixteen rooms - but our room was large and very well appointed. In fact it had one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in away from home. Furnishings were muted and well done. The bathroom was very well appointed although it didn't have a shower - just a hand held attachment in the bath. I found this not very convenient but it didn't detract from the stay. There was a very large balcony, although this was at the back of the hotel and did not have a view. There was also a small entrance lobby to the room. The room was equipped with individually controlled air conditioning, which we found a blessing as it was very warm, and as a result we didn't have to open the two windows, which looked out on to the square. The room was very quiet and indeed we heard no sound from the street or adjacent rooms. The staff were very helpful and gave us a cordial service and arranged concert tickets for us. The hotel is within walking distance of all of the historical attractions and shopping areas in the centre of Prague. Breakfast was served from 07.30 each day and comprised a small amount of cooked food and a large amount of cold meats, cheese, pastries et al. There is a restaurant attached to the hotel for other meals, although the menu was largely Italian and did not feature Czech cuisine. There are a number of other restaurants in the vicinity which do though we recommend caution in the restaurants bordering the Old Town Square, which were comparitively expensive. The hotel is about thirty minutes from the airport by car. We strongly recommend the hotel for visitors to Prague.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Newcastle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

The hotel was in an excellent location, a five minute walk to the old town square and close to the metro station. The building itself is old in keeping with traditional architecture but inside it kitted out with modern conveniences. The room was very spacious with a superb bathroom. The room was immaculate. The breakfast was very good. I woult highly recommend it and definitely go back.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2009

Spending a weekend in a beautiful city like prague was a wonderful experience for me and my wife. In addition to that, our hotel was in the very heart of the city, walking distance to all interesting spots that Prague can offer. Hotel Metamorphis Excellent excelled our expectations, the service was superb and our room which was a junior suite was spacious and elegant. The bathroom was the biggest one we've ever seen in a hotel. And lastly, the breakfast was great, different selections every day. All these package has cost us with a very reasonable price. I really reccomend this hotel to anyone who intend to visit the city!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Metamorphis Excellent? Share your experiences!