“A clean hotel in a perfect location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Amarilis Hotel

Save Saved
You added Amarilis Hotel to your Saves list
Amarilis Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Stepanska 18 | Prague 1, Prague, Czech Republic (Praha 2)   |
Ranked #229 of 668 hotels in Prague
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“A clean hotel in a perfect location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

We stayed at Amarilis Hotel for one night. Upon arrival we were unpleasantly surprised with lack of parking places around the hotel; the hotel offered parking for 25 euros/night which was a bit expensive. They did offer us a small bed for our baby, which was prepared and given to us a few hours later. The staff were friendly and helpful.
The hotel offers wireless internet connection in the lobby but we could connect (admittedly with a very low quality signal) from our room at the 3rd floor. We spent the rest of our day on sightseeing. The hotel is ideally located in the close vicinity of all tourist attractions. Our room was not very spacious but OK and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast is just fine but the place where it is served cannot accommodate all the guests in the peak hours and you may have to wait a bit before you get a table.
All in all, it was a neat and clean hotel in a perfect location. It might be relatively expensive by the Czech standards but I think it is worth it.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2009

Spent just one night here with friends in late December 2008. Despite it being only 2 nights before New Years Eve, unbelievably a double room without reservation was only €110 at this 4-star hotel. But once the Czech Republic switches from the koruna to the euro, these rates will go up for sure.

The room we stayed in was located on the top floor. It gave us access to an expansive deck that allowed us to venture out as far as one corner of the roof. The view from the deck of the national museum and free radio tower is fantastic. The room itself is also quite spacious with ample room for luggage and several persons to move around comfortably. It consists of a minibar, electronic safe, cable tv, and phone. Hot buffet breakfast and wifi internet access (from lobby only) are complementary.

There have been other reviews here that cited various problems and discourteous treatment from the staff. We never experienced such things. Despite their regular parking area being full, management was very kind to let us park in a blocked space by displaying a notice on the windshield indicating we were guests of the hotel.

• Liked — Simple yet clean, spacious, and functional.
  • Disliked — Rooms could use additional seating. Plenty of room for armchairs.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lisbon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2008

The hotel is excellently located. Very close to the main square.

Staff is nice but do not speak English very well.
The hotel is not one year old but you can see that maintenance is not a +
I had problems with the room temperature but it could not be fixed meaning that I was cold during my stay.
Housekeepig has defenetly BIG problems.
Carpet had stains.
Cleanliness in the room was terrible. Hair in the carpet. And the cleaning of the room was not you would expect from a 4*
I stayed during the week and during the week end. One of the days I came to the hotel during lunch time and my room was not cleaned yet. I left at 2.30 and no one knocked at the door to clean it. When I came back in the evening it was cleaned.
Saturday morning I wanted to rest and the mades were shouting to each other in the corridor and I had to go out twice to explain them that I wanted to sleep. I left the room at 12.30 and came back at 9pm and my room was not cleaned.
The following day the receptionist told me that it was not cleaned because I had the do not disturb sign which was true until 12.30 but as my room was cleaned after 2.30 pm during the week this should never be an excuse.
Check out time was 10.am which is totally crazy in a hotel.
The night before I checked out, I booked a taxi for 2.30 and said to the receptionist that I would keep the room until that time. The following day when I was complaining about my room not being cleaned the day before, the receptionist instead of being apologetic, she made fun of me and said that I was already lucky to have the room until 2.30 and that I should shut up (her words…)

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2008

Décor
Stayed here for a couple of nights at the start of August, would definitely stay again when visiting Prague. Great colour scheme in our room, a lot more appealing than the average budget box in beige. Ultra clean rooms with large double bed, bath etc. Staff were bi-lingual and gave great service.

Price
We paid around 50 euros a night for a double room, including an impressive hot and cold breakfast. It worked out cheaper than staying in a hostel which is pretty impressive.

Location
Just behind the National Museum on Wenceslas Square, great location as it’s a five minute walk into the centre, but also in its own district so not to hectic with the tourist throngs.

Extras
Mini bar, TV/radio etc.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Louisville, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2008

Although this is a clean hotel, watch your personal goods. I went out for 10 minutes to the convenience store across the street and had my passport, all my cash and other valuables stolen by the bell hop who had master key access. Management did nothing about the situation. I stayed here for 7 nights. Unfortunately I had to file police reports, spend a whole day at the embassy to get a new passport and hours on the phone which is not the way I wanted to spend my time in Prague.

Craig P
Texas USA

• Stayed May 2008

Been to Amarilis Hotel? Share your experiences!