This is a fairly standard hotel, large groups stay here and hop on and off their coaches. The staff are efficient and not grumpy and do their job fine. The rooms are clean. It's a standard "corporate" affair - it's like those big American chains. Having stayed in several hotels in the Czech republic, including some in places that most tourists would never venture (like Zatec), I've found it the norm to have free internet, Czech people are getting used to this - even little places out in the country. This place, however, charges £10 a day for internet!
If you don't use the internet, you won't mind, but this is already one of the most expensive hotels in Pilsen to begin with, I guess they feel that with the pick of the wealthiest tourists, they can get away with fleecing you for what most hotels in the Czech republic are now giving away for free. £10 ($15) a day ladies and gentlemen! The other day I had a full meal with several beers in a restaurant for that princely sum. In Czech terms this is an outrageous expense that they are charging you.
This is the least Czech hotel I have ever stayed in. It's very nice, it reminds me of a place I stayed in Bangkok, but you will be in a little tourist bubble while you are staying here, and of course, they will fleece you if you wish to post your photos on Facebook. If you want something more Czech (and probably a bit less comfortable), look elsewhere. If you want your Holiday Inn-type experience, it's all here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pilsen (Plzen) is a center of academic, business, and cultural life for the western part of the Czech Republic. The city is known worldwide for Pilsner beer. The Courtyard by Marriott Pilsen is set in Pilsen's legendary historic district, where magnificent Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque architecture reflect the city's storied past. This modern luxury hotel in Pilsen was ranked as a number 1 within all hotels in Pilsen by TripAdvisor for 2011. Delightful dining awaits at the trendy Pilsen Grill Restaurant & Bar, where guests can watch the culinary team prepare international and Czech specialties in the open kitchen. Relax in the bar with a Pilsner Urquell, the famed local beer. The 24/7 market serves sandwiches, salads, sweets and drinks. The well-equipped fitness center is always open for energizing workouts. For meetings or social events, the Courtyard by Marriott Pilsen hotel offers a large ballroom, 2 meeting rooms and a business center with high-speed Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Marriott, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard Pilsen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Pilsen Hotel Pilsen
- Courtyard Plzen
- Plzen Courtyard
- Courtyard Pilsen Plzen, Czech Republic