“Good food, poor service (unless you're a hot girl)” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“Good food, poor service (unless you're a hot girl)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

On arriving we asked for a non-smoking table and were told there weren't any (perhaps the empty ones were reserved). So we asked for another table and were told there weren't any in the smoking section either. We pointed to an empty barstool/table and asked if we could sit there. Yes, that would be fine.

After the waiters had finished chatting up the girls at the bar, our order was taken. Our waiter dismissed my choice of sides saying it wasn't a good combination with my main meal and suggested something different. Ok, I guess. The food itself was actually really tasty and reasonably priced.

The atmosphere and service was sub-standard. We're used to poor service having been in the Czech Republic for over a month now, but this was below even that standard. Attentiveness was given to the girls at the bar, and other groups of cute girls sitting at other tables.

The only reason I gave this an "average" rating was for the food and price.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Czech first
  • Polish first
Hemhofen, Germany
“Good food and ambiance.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Nice place to drink a beer and eat the nice czech food. I tried wildpork shoulder with goulasch and something else... Was awesome, also the desert is great. The service took a little bit long but worth it. I do recommend it. Worth a try.

Visited December 2012
Salado, Texas
“I love food, location, staff, and atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

You won't be disappointed here. They have an extensive menu that includes Czech cuisine and regional favorites, and you're sure to find something. The menus are in Czech, German, and English. The staff is friendly. You can of course get all of the local beers here. This restaurant was recommended by the hotel we were staying at one my very first trip to Plzen, and I always make it a point to stop here on subsequent trips. Great downtown location.

Visited November 2012
Chorzow, Poland
“If you want to try Czech cuisine, try U Mansfelda”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Original Czech cuisine with lnedlicky (Czech dumplings). If you are hungry and you don't care about the calories, try pork knee. Plus original fresh Pilsner Urquell. What I don't like: very often the restaurant is full and you need to book the table in advance :)

Visited October 2012
Bedfordshire, England
“A good Pilsen restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have eaten here a number of times as I visit Pilsen on a regular basis each year. Overall it is a good quality restaurant, and like many in the Czech Republic has a menu running into several hundred items. It is well located facing a nice open area fairly close to St Bartholomew's Cathedral. I would go back, in fact I will, on my next trip.

Visited June 2012