“Golf Hotel Morris - good place for reasonable price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Golf Hotel Morris

and 1 more site!
You added Golf Hotel Morris to your Saves list
Golf Hotel Morris
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Zadub-Zavisin 724, Marianske Lazne 35301, Czech Republic   |
Ranked #13 of 69 Hotels in Marianske Lazne
Prague, Czech Republic
“Golf Hotel Morris - good place for reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We've found this hotel using internet discounter services. We'd had a bad experience before with such service but it has been decided to give a last attempt to find something good with very reasonable price proposal.

Golf hotel Morris is located ~ 2 hours driving from Prague, close to Karlovy Vary area, in suburbs of Marianske lazne town. Better to have a car to drive there as surroundings are quite beautiful and public transport has no good frequency so car is much safer and more convinient.

Parking place is located behind the main building of the hotel. As I understood in the end it was not for free but 100 CZK per night.

Receptionists are nice Czech ladies, which are speaking several languages and were very nice with us.

What I've found very nice and stylish - old style furniture everywheere : in lobby, in rooms etc.

Restaurant was very good : high quality , big choice , nice and fast service.

We've had a standard room but it was big enough for 3 people with 2 rooms (living room ~ 12 m2; and bedroom ~ 7-8 m2). Again - nice furniture, 2 TVs + normal bath (not a shower).

There was a tea pot, minibar (fridge), safe device - not always applicable thing in 4 stars hotels.

The only thing we were missing - lack of anything related to children activities. Typical inhabitants of this hotel : senior people from Czech Republic and Germany which is understandable looking at the high quality of the hotel.

Room Tip: better to chhose a room in a main building "A" as you don't need to put clothes and go...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
Prague
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Small place in front of hotel is for luggage manipulation only or for disabled parking. Unguarded parking for fee you can find behind of hotel, tollgate is controlled with hotel card. We are golfers. Despite the fact that hotel has "Golf hotel" in the name, manual doors, small place in front of reception, smaller lift located in the restaurant and narrow corridors suggests otherwise. Simply said, hotel was not designed by golf player and for golf players. We were in many golf hotels abroad and hotelier must still much to learn.

We took double bed room. Room in 3rd floor on the end of corridor was rather smaller, clean and looked nice. Unfortunately without completed minibar, satellite decoder did not work (DTV only) and walls have insufficient soundproofing (you can listen, what neighbours talking).

Restaurant offers limited menu plus one, daily changed meal (probably by the reason of ending season or for vouchers owners only). When we ordered meals and drinks, than we were overlooked with waitress. Similar service like "Use meal ticket, eat and go". We were surprised, when we found unamended minibar and untaidy made bed, next day when we returned back from golf course. Room service fails.

We said "Beggars can not be choosers". Fortunately or disillusionment was compensated with nice weather and excellent golf game (on the golf course Karlovy Vary, because marienbad's golf course has been closed). But for the next Marienbad golf visit we will choose different hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Czech Republic
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I buy the stay in the hotel for my mother and sister. We plan nice relax stay in the hotel - this stay was really nothing to cheap - I pay everything before the arrival - and it was big mistake. First problem was with our rooms - I order tripple but we became double with extra bed :-/ ... . the womans from the reception discuss with clean-womans directly in the reception - how to make it - we heard everythink :-/ . We was waiting 2 hours for it. The room was not so big for 3 ladies. Second problem was with the spa center - I was calling to the hotel one week befor the arrival - and ask for the reservation of our procedur - the women from the reception say me - reserve by the arrival, but by the arrival was no free times for our procedur ( which was payd ). The staff was not so friendly. Hotel has good breakfast - really very good choise for everythink. We try the ala card menu too - It was very good too. After all we leave the hotel after one night. I write everythink to the boss of the hotel - he don ´t respond me :-/. What I heard in the hotel - there was more guest which was not happy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Prague, Czech Republic
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Our family was given a very small dark room on ground floor. The decor was nice, but targeted at golfers that have English old school taste and will pay lots of money for rather poor service. The hotel might work for them, but not for people who want value for their money. We decided to check-out about 10 minutes after check-in and moved to place nearby that provided much better service and had very nice large rooms for about 25% of the cost. Also the hotel charges 100 CZK per for parking and 350 CZK a night for your pet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Warsaw
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Location of the hotel in a quiet forest, away from the city was an issue for which I was worried before booking this place. But, once I reached the place all my doubts were flushed away. The accommodation and ambiance impressed me a lot. Everything was perfect and in a way that I like. Rooms are fantastic and food is amazing. I would highly recommend this place to my other friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Pilsen, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We spent nice christmas stay with my family in Hotel Morris. And I must admit that I like this hotel. The hotel is mainly focused on golfers - entrance to golf yard is only a few steps far. There is also golf simulator in the hotel. The hotel is designed in old english style and is beautiful. It is situated in wonderful and quite enviroment in village Zádub - Závišín, ca.10km far from center of Marianské Lázně.

Large and secured private hotel parking lot is a few steps from hotel. There is nice balneo spa center in the hotel with good procedures and polite staff. Everything is fitted to provide relax. Only 1 thing is missing - there is no swimming pool.

Our room was large and well equipped and really nice furnished. Everything is modern and high quality. Tv is with satelitte programs, space is well covered by wifi and internet is high speed.

Restaurant with bar is large and fitted again to provide maximal relax to guests. Cuisine is very good and christmas menu was perfect. Staff is polite, kind and attentive.

Overall we were satisfied and sure we will come back. If you are seeking place for relax, or if you are golfer, I can recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms in ground and in the edge of building are large and with entrance to terrace.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Prague, Hlavni Mesto Praha, Czech Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I was staying in this hotel for 3 days in Dec, 2012 (bought an offer with some wellness procedures and dinners included). Hotel is quite nice with a good interior, nice restaurant (with polite staff and good food). Good procedures (also personal is nice there and tries to really make you relax), the only thing I did not like - it is not very private, e.g. they can do a massage to you and you are half naked but other visitors can pass you to get their places for procedure.

But all this is ok in compare with incompetence of the receptionist. I never met less incompetent and unprofessional one, she was so unhelpful and even harming. It is not about just feeling that she is not happy to see you and do her job there. She really was confusing us several times in elementary things. E.g., when we asked where the procedures are, she said they are on the first floor near the restaurant (actually correct answer is that bathes, sauna are on the first floor but massages and wrapping are on our your floor (3rd floor in our case)). So of course for our first massages we went down instead of just finding massage room on our floor. Also she did not give us good info about how to get the center by public transport (she was trying to send us somewhere to hotel Krkonosi to bus stop or something like that and she could not explain well where it is exactly, actually we found ourselves that there is a bus number 13 stops just close to the hotel Morris around 200 meters walking (in front of the hotel Golf that just near the hotel Morris). It was so strange to me that the receptionist did not say that we have this option to get the center from the bus stop that is so close to us. Also I was surprised not to find slippers and bathrobe in our room as we have package of procedures we need to go there to in it and I thought cleaning ladies just forgot to leave it, so I clarify from the receptionist. She simply gave to us these without saying that we will be extra charged for these. Oh in the end she even could not provide us with taxi service well (taxi driver was late because he understood that start point is hotel Golf not golf hotel Morris), of course may be it is not completely fault of the receptionist only. But still I never had problem with taxi in 4* hotel.I believe that professional receptionists should have strong partner sheep with taxi service (so taxi drivers know where to go) or at least they have to try to prevent these kind of issues when hotels have similar names (when ordering taxi, to clarify that we need taxi to golf-hotel Morris NOT A HOTEL GOLF, or something like that). So we arrived to the train station just 5 mis before our train, thanks God we were not too late.

Also there was not enough cleaning things in the bath of our room: just 2 small packages (like testers) with shower gel and no tooth pasta (and these is for 3 days for 2 persons). These 2 packages were enough only for 1 shower for me only. Next day cleaning service made some order in the room but did not add more shower gel or shampoo (that was also almost over after 1 shower).

So in general I liked the hotel and its beautiful location. If you know what you want to do and you don't need any help from receptionist (where to go how to go, etc), it might be ok for you. Otherwise I do not recommend this hotel untill management changes the receptionist or send her for a training how to smile and be helpfull, etc

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family