“Good choice for weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Clarion Grandhotel Zlaty Lev
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Gutenbergova 3, Liberec 46001, Czech Republic   |
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Liberec
Redhill, United Kingdom
“Good choice for weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Nice hotel in city center of Liberec. I stayed there with my girlfriend for weekend. I used for this stay me almost expired miles from American Airlines and it was good decision. Staff was very polite and helpful. Breakfast was delicious. I missed a bit pool however hot tube was also fine. Room was nicely furnished and bed comfortable so nothing to complain. From this hotel is close to everywhere. Location is very convenience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Miroslav S, General Manager at Clarion Grandhotel Zlaty Lev, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your coment here at Tripadvisor.

Your feedback is very important to us and I appreciated very much. I am happy you and your girlfriend had an enjoyable experience at Clarion Grandhotel Zlaty Lev. Hope to see you again!

Kind reards
Miroslav Soucek / Hotel Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

There are no real 5 star hotels in Liberec and the Clarion Grandhotel is one of the better ones.
I heard there are different rooms and some of them shall be really nice but mine was just average and more 3 star style then 4 star. I booked last minute through Trivago and got a really low rate and so I did not expect to get one of the better rooms.
I needed a hotel just for one night , in the centre , with breakfast , internet and clean.
The staff is really nice and helpful.
I had dinner in the city centre at Porta Cafe which I can really recommend. Just 5min walk.
Breakfast was nice and good.
So all in all ok for a couple of nights.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Miroslav S, General Manager at Clarion Grandhotel Zlaty Lev, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear guest,

even though you stayed only for one night and you got a cheap price at Trivago as you mentioned, I am glad you took time to let us know about your experience. I am glad you could see our rooms are clean and our staff offers good service. Next time you come to Liberec, I hope you might see some more we do for our guests.

Kind regards
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I had a big group staying in this hotel. Everything - all communication, preparation, check-in, understanding of client 's needs ..everything went really very smootly and with an attention to the client. Staff was very friendly and I would recommend this hotel for MICE reservation .
Hotel is classy, not with modern facilities but you do not notice because we felt so comfortable. Nothing was a problem, open bar till guests were there, The director was increadiblty helpfull to solve any possible problem even not connected with service of the hotel. Giving up his personal time to be with guests.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Miroslav S, General Manager at Clarion Grandhotel Zlaty Lev, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
dear client,

I am happy you and your group had nice time in our hotel. I would like to thank you for letting us know about your experience and hope to see you back at Clarion Granhotel Zlaty Lev.

Slupsk, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Old hotel located in a center of Liberec. Need to pay extra for the parking ( 8 Eur per day). Room was really huge and comfortable. Clean and visided by service everyday. Do not expect **** as in new hotel. It should be rather ***. No swimming pool, just big jacuzzi and sauna located underground.
Benada restaurant located on the ground floor served perfect cousine. Few possitions but nothing else needed. Staff is nice and fluent in english.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Miroslav S, General Manager at Clarion Grandhotel Zlaty Lev, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear guest,

thank you for your feedback. I would like to say we are working on some improvemnts all the time and I am happy you have noticed some, especially the restaurant and the meals we serve. Now working on summer terrace and more improvements in our rooms. I appreciate you spent your time to let us know about your experience and hope to see you back at Clarion Grandhotel Zlaty Lev.
Brno, Jihomoravsky Kraj, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Me and my friend have stayed here for the first time. The hotel takes place in a city centre. The staff are nice and friendly and all speak Czech, English and Russian from what I have gathered. The rooms are large, bright, spotlessly clean and most importantly the furniture is beautiful! It always feels like we are staying somewhere twice the price! The breakfast is very filling with large selection. We are sure we will be back here again soon!
The only problem was a hotel wellness with very cold water in a whirlpool bath.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Miroslav S, General Manager at Clarion Grandhotel Zlaty Lev, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear customer,

I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your last stay at Clarion Grandhotel Zlaty Lev. I would like to thank you for your time taken to let us know about your experience and I will check the temperature of water in relax centrum. Eventhough it is not run by the hotel but by the Sarema Company, I want to make sure our customers get great services in our building.
Hope to see you soon in our hotel again.

with kind regards
Guelph, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Being from North America, expectations might be a bit different. The outside and common areas of the hotel were very grand and pretty, but the room itself was lacking. I had 2 very small beds, reminded me of camp as a kid, no real room for the desk, or chairs, very cramped. As well, the room was very dated, and not in an antique furniture kind of way, just old feeling.
The staff were all very friendly, if language was an issue, they would get someone to assist.
Decent stay, but not what I had expected from my stay.

• Stayed October 2012
Miroslav S, General Manager at Clarion Grandhotel Zlaty Lev, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear guest,

let me thank you for taking your time and giving us your opinion. I do not know your name so I can not find which room you stayed at but as we reconstructed some rooms and are working on others it seems to me you just got one of the older rooms we have. Of course i am sorry the occupancy did not let us give you a new one with nice furniture and bathroom. The only things I can say the beds are 90x200cm so I do not think they are small. There were beds of the same size in hotels when I worked in the USA a few years ago. You might be a big man which means you need a bigger bed. I am just guessing. Our rooms are very different if we speak about size. In 1905 the builders made them very different in that way so you can find bigger ones and smaller ones here. Anyway these days we are renewing more rooms and there are going to be many more improvements next year. So next time you come to Liberec, we will be able to give you nicer room and your stay will be more pleasant, I hope.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I bought a voucher for a weekend at the Zlaty Lev from a discount travel provider as a treat for my husband's birthday. To be honest, I did not expect very much from this hotel, considering the price I paid and the fact I'd never heard of Liberec before. On arrival we were pleasantly surprised. Liberec itself turned out to be a very nice town with charming architecture, lovely cafes and beautiful mountains around, food and drink prices much lower than Prague or Germany which is only an hour's drive away.
The hotel was excellent. Our room was immaculate, very spacious and airy. You get free LAN internet connection in the rooms (cable provided) and free Wi Fi in the lobby and the restaurant. The wellness area with its sauna and a large jaccuzzi was a blessing after a cold day out. Reception staff, room service and waiters were great, very attentive to any of our needs. Breakfast was very good, and the candle lit dinner which came included with our voucher was equally wonderful. I can't really fault anything (perhaps the showers in the wellness area could do with a bit of refurb, but that is a very minor thing). We are now considering booking another weekend in Liberec either for skiing in winter or hiking in the mountains in summer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear customer,

thank your for writting your review here at tripadvisor. I am happy to hear you and your husband enjoyed your last stay at Clarion Grandhotel Zlaty Lev. Bothe winter and time are very nice in Liberec so anytime we will be glad to see you again.

Kind regards
Miroslav Soucek / Hotel Director
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liberec
Hotel Jested
Pytloun Hotel Liberec
#5 of 14 in Liberec
4.0 of 5 stars 27 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Pytloun Design Hotel

Been to Clarion Grandhotel Zlaty Lev? Share your experiences!