“clean modern hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Kasperske Hory
Prague
“clean modern hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I came to this hotel because the yoga group organizing a weekend yoga retreat picked this hotel.It was a good choice! The hotel is on the main town square with a small parking.

I stayed from Sept. 21st-23rd in 2 royal suites on the 2nd floor with my husband and 2 small children(2.5yrs+5 yrs old). Our rooms were right beside the lift so we could hear a bit of noise but nothing unbearable.

The suites were nicely decorated,clean,and modern. Only showers in the bathrooms which was a disappointment for us since we all prefer baths.

The reception staff could not speak much English and was not really welcoming or friendly. On the other hand,the food in the hotel restaurant was good. The service can be quite slow when the restaurant is full though!

We enjoyed the hotel pool which was in a nearby building. All the common areas in the hotel were very clean.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Czech first
inowroclaw
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I loved the Lounge floor where I could settle in on the couch each morning with my coffee and watch the world go by outside the big window. A little yogurt, a bagle and some fruit was just enough to keep us satisfied until lunch. In the afternoons a glass of wine and some cheese and crackers before we dressed for dinner was another nice amenity. The girls in the lounge were friendly and kept everything replenished and tidy. The young men at the front desk were so helpful and efficient.The room was quiet and big enough, but not large, comfortable beds and pillows, pretty fabrics, nice bathroom that was just a bit small.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

I went with my wife and little daugther and I definitly recommend the place for families. We really enjoyed our stay in Kasperk. The locaiton is great and very easy to find, it feels very welcoming and relaxed with lovely rooms. All of the staff were friendly and I felt that they really wanted all the best for us. Very clean hotel, great breakfast with good pancakes and great choose of fresh fruits. The bed was very comfortable. It`s really good value for the money!! One of the best we have found in czech republic.

Room Tip: Royal rooms - large room and nice view.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

My wife and I checked in on a Friday night and would check out on Sunday morning (end of September into October 2011).

My wife thought that this hotel was more "remote" and isolated, but it's really right by the town square. Which wasn't such a bad thing overall, just not what we were hoping for. The hotel also has a restaurant that has indoor and outdoor patio deck out front of it.

Anyway, when you arrive, park out front first, then go inside and get the parking pass card to park in the back. To get inside you must push the door in, not pull out. This confused my wife and I on separate occasions, as in Canada, fire regulations state that doors must open outwards in case of a fire. Oh well, I digress.

We got our car parked into the gate back parking lot and then we went into our room which had an extra bed for a third person. So I guess our room was somewhat larger than a 2 person room.

The room faced another hotel's courtyard but was bright. There was a tv, small table and the washroom was medium sized with a shower stall that was bigger than the tiny one at Hotel U Tri Bubnu in Prague.

There's no hair dryer, no hot water boiler, the WiFi was weak but we got a reliable connection by sitting by the door.

When I first entered the room, I saw a raisin sized housefly that was flying around lazily, it probably had been stuck in the room all day and had been banging against the window as it was really easy to kill. No big deal.

Our night's sleep was pretty good and there wasn't any really night time noise except for the people walking up the stairs of the hotel.

Breakfast starts at 08:00 hours. Here's what they have:

Hot dogs, sausages, eggs, ham. Breads: white, brown and multigrain buns, sliced bread and rye. Butter, honey, spam, jams, mayo.

Tomatoes, cucumbers, sliced green, yellow, red peppers. Grapes, kiwi, pears, strawberries, watermelon. 4 types of sliced deli meats, sliced cheese, cheese triangles.

Orange juice, coffee - regular and expresso. Hot water and various tea bags in English.

Sliced banana and chocolate cups. Banana cake with icing sugar.

There's lots of seating, the windows let in a lot of natural light and they play English music.

Breakfast here has been better than the two previous hotels we've stayed at. The only annoying thing is all the houseflies by the entrance! I was waving my hands at them all throughout breakfast. Try to sit as far as you can from the front door as it appears they like to hang out by the windows.

Eat the small kiwis instead of the larger ones, the larger ones are really sour. Weird. The watermelon can be skipped, it tastes like soft tomato. Still, a fulfilling breakfast buffet.

Our second breakfast also had danishes.

We also had the chance the eat a late lunch / early dinner at their restaurant during our stay.

We'd ordered in Kc:

$45 - Roast potato soup with mushrooms
$45 x 2 - Two green teas
$199 - Fillet of pike perch
$179 - Ceasar salad with chicken
$69 - Ice cream with fruit

The soup was good, it had a hearty flavourful feel. The fish tasted fresh, the sauce was light and it was without that "fishy" flavour that my wife hates. The mash potatoes that came with it were creamy and not salted, which we prefer as some places make it way too salty.

The Ceasar salad had chicken and bacon on it and my wife who doesn't usually eat bacon actually finished it up.

Our desert was yummy, the ice cream was creamy and thick and the had real whipped cream on it.

We actually like the Ceasar salad so much that we had it on other occasions delivered to our room when we got hungry. We also had the chance to taste their Tiramisu desert which my wife really thought highly of, I didn't like it much.

The pool is located behind the parking lot and separate from the main building. The lobby and changed rooms are heated. I had a chance to use the swimming pool which is a good size for doing laps. They actually have a lane reserved for laps.

You won't need to bring a lock to use their lockers as they each have a wristband key system. Make sure you bring your hotel room towels, there aren't any there to use. There is a shower area with 2 showerheads prior to exiting to the pool. There is also a hairdryer in the change room.

The pool's tiles are dark and as a result, when you swim laps, it feels really dark. There are 2 massage jets available and I tried one out but it was not very comfortable as it shoots out cooler water than the pool water. This would have been great in the summer but not for the fall. Another thing is that when people are using those jets, if you're swimming laps, you'll get pushed around. A great pool, but obvious some things weren't planned out too well.

The staff's English is very challenged. Luckily I had a Czech dictionary on my iPhone. It made things much easier.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

Stayed here on a business trip in 2009. Remembered it as one of the best hotels I stayed in and although it was just 2 nights (and I spent the days away on business) I enjoyed the experience. Remembered the hotel this year and went for a weekend break.

Its still great, excellent location, nice hotel design (although even 3 years show on a hotel which tries to be so contemporary), great (and empty!) pool with good view.

But, there were a few downsides. The service in general was fine but slightly stand-offish, the reception showed no big interest in us and in whether we are happy. The restaurant is expensive (considering the location) and the food, although it isn't bad, doesn't really justify Prague center prices. Pilsner for 50CZK is a downright rip off, and the fact that they serve either Pilsner or Gambrinus is just not normal for a 21st century Czech GOOD restaurant (beer choice is a must). Surprisingly, lunch food offered from the daily menu is great, has a better choice, more LOCAL stuff and costs half. By the way, the idea of Fish Menu Week is great, but why the hell would anyone eat a salmon in the middle of the Sumava mountains?

And the breakfasts used to be better as well. Terrible hotel coffee (couldn't manage my way through the cup), great eggs and sausage and acceptable choice of cheeses/salami.

Rooms great, spacious and nice, clean although we found a sock that clearly wasn't ours :-). Wifi slow (or somewhat Mac incompatible, got my ipad and iphone to connect but the macbook refused).

All in all, would (and I hope I will) visit the hotel again. And would certainly recommend it. Probably the best hotel that side of the mountains.

Needs to work on the restaurant, and be friendlier, its a holiday experience people go there for and they do expect a bit of home-like feeling..

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

The newly renovated hotel offers very good value for money. It has some of the best food I have tried in south bohemia and the waiters are very attentive. I would definitely recommend the hotel and restaurant for it for its cleanliness, spaciousness, fresh fish and the best tiramisu in the Czech Republic. It is ideal for those looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of Prague. Given that it has a swiming pool and sand pit is also a good option for young families. You can also go blueberry and strawberry picking in the nearby forest. Why travel with the family to the beach when the kids will be equally if not happier here....

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Kasperk? Share your experiences!