We stayed in the blue hotel area (there is another building called the green area too) one night. Check in was very friendly although some of the receptionists only speak German which was not a problem for me but might be tricky I you don't speak it or Czech.
Despite asking for a Queen or King bed we got 2 singles pushed together which subsequently meant that one of us disappeared in the crack!
Decided to go to the spa, note that you have to walk in your bathrobe through the main reception area/foyer to find the maze of tunnels that lead under the road to the spa area. It's quite a way and some of the elderly found it difficult to find.
There is a mixed sauna and one only for women, a few nude people too. The steam room is tiny only enough space for 4 slim people and note that some enter nude here too. I wasn't keen on this as you don't have any possibility to clean the seat. They do issue you with sheets but these would get wringing wet in the steam room. You can add other treatments at additional charges. The water fountain and Jacuzzi only work sporadically but the pool is a good size and the ice pool refreshing after the heat of the sauna or steam room. We enjoyed the spa even though it could have been slightly better arranged and cleaner.
My biggest disappointment was the breakfast. We arrived at 9.40 and only 6 tables were occupied from the ca 70 tables there. The lady wanted to seat us squeezed in on someone else's table despite the empty restaurant and only after she saw my shocked reaction did she misgivingly agree to let us eat at another table. The eggs had clearly been there morning, bullets for boiled eggs, dried out fried ones. The coffee was not very nice and the orange "juice" was watery squash. I actually wished I hadn't bothered! By 10.04 everything was gone!
We paid 140 Euro for this hotel which was far too much. There is also no food available not even room service after 22.30.
The general population is about 65-75 so unless this is your age group I wouldn't bother coming here. The Imperial hotel looked impressive so I'd try that if I was to come back. The town looks nice but similarly to Brugge there's not much happening here or so it seems.
- Also Known As:
- Spa Resort Sanssouci Hotel
- Spa Resort Sanssouci Hotel Karlovy Vary
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spa Resort Sanssouci is a new spa complex. It has been created on the quiet side of the spa zone of Karlovy Vary (Carlsbad) by merging three important spa facilities: The Švýcarský dvůr (Swiss court) Hotel, the Sanssouci Hotel, and the Mercedes Villa. After a comprehensive reconstruction, which included the construction of an underground connecting corridor, it offers its guests maximum comfort "under one roof." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookAssist, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Spa Resort Sanssouci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.