The Grandhotel Pupp is the very definition of old world charm. The room we had was newly renovated to a high standard and in keeping with the elegance of the hotel. The one disappointment was, our room was located in what appears to be an annex. If you want to go to the spa, you must go through one reception area, the casino lobby, down a hall visible from the outside, through the first bar, through the breakfast room, through the second bar, through a common room, through the second reception to the lift which takes you to the spa floor. With all that, it still was a lovely experience. The room was fabulous, but no shower in the bath. Internet was free.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the picturesque spa town of Karlovy Vary in the Czech Republic, the Grandhotel Pupp is one of Europe's most famous historical hotels. Talking about its history would take a while, because it dates back to 1701. In recent years the Grandhotel Pupp has hosted illustrious names from the movie world including Morgan Freeman, Gregory Peck, Sharon Stone, Robert Redford, John Malkovich, Antonio Banderas, Jude Law, John Travolta and Nikita Michalkov. Such stars have descended on the hotel especially for the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival each year at the beginning of July. As well as modern-day celebrities, the hotel has also attracted eminent historical figures from culture and the arts including German poet and philosopher Johann Wolfgang Goethe, composers Johann Sebastian Bach, Richard Wagner and Antonin Dvorak, violinist Nicolo Paganini, writer Franz Kafka and master of Art Nouveau Alfons Mucha. In two connected buildings, River Side and Park Side, the Grandhotel Pupp complex offers 228 rooms in the categories of Comfort, Superior, Superior Plus, Junior Suite, Premier Suite and Apartment. The ground floor of the hotel features restaurants, a cafe, bars, a boutique zone, a hairdressing salon and casino. Becher's Bar provides entertainment in the evening. The Grandhotel Pupp invites guests to the new Pupp Royal Spa wellness centre with pool and saunas. The complex includes a modern fitness centre as well as a private Royal Spa Suite with whirlpool, massage tables, sauna and a relaxation zone. The Pupp Royal Spa offers an extended range of treatments, from traditional procedures based on the natural bounty of Karlovy Vary and the region to modern massages and beauty treatments. Grandhotel Pupp - If you want a chance to see a star ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Grandhotel Pupp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grandhotel Pupp De Luxe Hotel Karlovy Vary
- Grandhotel Pupp Karlovy Vary