We stayed at Grandhotel Pupp in June of 2012 for two nights and we truly enjoyed our experience; of course partly because Karlovy Vary is an amazing place to visit.
Here are the pros and cons of Grandhotel Pupp in my opinion:
1. Just a beautiful, luxurious and grand building
2. (I have heard there are other types of rooms not as great but) our room was just large and beautiful - There was construction noise coming to our room that didn't bother us much since we were out most of the time.
3. Breakfast (included in the rate) is great, wide variety of hot and cold items, great coffee and tea in a luxurious hall
4. Not too expensive (for what you get!)
5. Free usage of sauna, steam room and whirlpool
1. If you don't get the free Internet in your room rate, you then have to pay something like $25 USD for every 24 hours of Internet usage
2. Breakfast waiters and waitresses are so not trained for the job. We were in the breakfast room with another 3 - 4 tables occupied by other guests, and there were 5 waiters serving us.
Unless we would call the waiters and asked them for something, they would just stand there and talk with each other very loudly! for a few minutes all the guests at the tables were quiet while there were a long and loud conversation along with laughter was going on between the waiters! They seemed not to care a bit about the guests.
Also none of them spoke a word of English! There was this waiter man who I asked for coffee, he looked at me for a few seconds didn't say a word, I assumed he understood what I was asking for, then he left and never came back! Also, there was this young lady making omelet and pancake at a stand in the breakfast room, I went to her and said "may I have a pancake please?", she looked at me puzzled and after a few seconds of pause, she replied "NO" firmly. I asked "Why not?" and she just said "NO" again. No pancake for me;)
Being in Czech Republic for a week, we learnt that Czech people are super nice. I am sure the breakfast crew didn't want to offend us in any way or form.
They give you a voucher for 300CK ($15 USD) to use for message treatment at Taiwan spa, so you would think I can get a 30 minutes facial for 650CK with 300CK off, the rate of 350CK is very reasonable; but in fact they don't let you use your voucher for treatments of less than 60 minutes!
Outside the hotel you can find many spa giving you 30 minutes facial for 300CK!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the picturesque spa town of Karlovy Vary in the Czech Republic, the Grandhotel Pupp is one of Europe's most famous historical hotels. Talking about its history would take a while, because it dates back to 1701. In recent years the Grandhotel Pupp has hosted illustrious names from the movie world including Morgan Freeman, Gregory Peck, Sharon Stone, Robert Redford, John Malkovich, Antonio Banderas, Jude Law, John Travolta and Nikita Michalkov. Such stars have descended on the hotel especially for the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival each year at the beginning of July. As well as modern-day celebrities, the hotel has also attracted eminent historical figures from culture and the arts including German poet and philosopher Johann Wolfgang Goethe, composers Johann Sebastian Bach, Richard Wagner and Antonin Dvorak, violinist Nicolo Paganini, writer Franz Kafka and master of Art Nouveau Alfons Mucha. In two connected buildings, River Side and Park Side, the Grandhotel Pupp complex offers 228 rooms in the categories of Comfort, Superior, Superior Plus, Junior Suite, Premier Suite and Apartment. The ground floor of the hotel features restaurants, a cafe, bars, a boutique zone, a hairdressing salon and casino. Becher's Bar provides entertainment in the evening. The Grandhotel Pupp invites guests to the new Pupp Royal Spa wellness centre with pool and saunas. The complex includes a modern fitness centre as well as a private Royal Spa Suite with whirlpool, massage tables, sauna and a relaxation zone. The Pupp Royal Spa offers an extended range of treatments, from traditional procedures based on the natural bounty of Karlovy Vary and the region to modern massages and beauty treatments. Grandhotel Pupp - If you want a chance to see a star ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, T4B, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Grandhotel Pupp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grandhotel Pupp De Luxe Hotel Karlovy Vary
- Grandhotel Pupp Karlovy Vary