“Unsurpassed Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Zlaty Andel

You added Hotel Zlaty Andel to your Saves list
Hotel Zlaty Andel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nam. Svornosti 10-11, Cesky Krumlov 38101, Czech Republic   |
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Cesky Krumlov
San Francisco, California
“Unsurpassed Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

During our stay, my husband became sick. First the hotel offered to bring a doctor to the hotel. When we said we prefer to go to the doctor, the bellman was told to drive us to the hospital where he brought us from one department to another explaining what was wrong until we found the right office. He waited for us to be seen by the doctor, translating as necessary and then returned us to the hotel. Without his assistance, I doubt we could have navigated the Czech healthcare system.

The hotel is also quite uniquely beautiful and ideally situated in the town square.

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Boulder, CO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

If you book at this hotel then whatever you do don't let them give you room #13!!! It faces a small courtyard shared with the hotel's Music and Cocktail bars. The pounding rock base and customer screaming began around 10:30pm and didn't end till after 4am. I don't recall booking the disco room. At 1:45am I went the front desk to ask when the bar Wouk close and was given a shrug and told that it never officially closes. Just when everyone leaves. She the handed me so sets of foam ear plugs which were worthless.

The next morning when checking out I calmly expressed my opinion to the new desk clerk that they should either not book anyone in that room or close the bar by at least 2am. Her reply was that "they" were guests too and if they wanted to party the hotel would accommodate them. Wrong answer! So, what were my wife and I? Chopped liver? No apology. No nothing. If you have a desire to try and sleep in a Metallica concert then book here. If not, go next door to the Old Inn. A whole different experience.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Duxbury, Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

This hotel has old world charm and a great central location. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are dated and the many stairs make you feel like you're living in a Salvador Dali painting. If you're wheelchair handicapped, you won't want to stay here. The Don Julius restaurant was very conveniently located downstairs and is very good.

The Family Suite (#17) had 2 good size rooms but only a small dining area and kitchen which was not fully equipped. No coffee machine or cooking utensils. The two Presidential Suites had fantastic views of the square and castle and the bathrooms were huge and modern. However, the bed in Room 28 was very creaky.

Breakfast buffet was plentiful and delicious. The ladies who work the dining room are very pleasant and polite.

Internet is VERY slow and unreliable.

My only real problem with the hotel was that I had a wad of credit card receipts I had left on the dining table. After the first day, I could not find them anywhere. My only conclusion was that the housekeeper threw them away. I asked the front desk manager if housekeeping would normally throw receipts away. She said she would look into it. The second morning I went back to the front desk to see if they had anymore information. Low and behold, another front desk manager handed me the wad of receipts. He said he did not know what happened, but they had found them. Obviously, the receipts were not thrown away. It just makes me wonder what the housekeeper intended to do with them. I looked to make sure none of the receipts had my credit card printed, and I continue to monitor my accounts. Lesson learned: Keep your receipts and other valuables hidden and safe.

Room Tip: The Presidential Suites (28 & 29) have great views of the square and the castle. Just be aware...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Though the building is old and without and elevator, the services are great, they will help you with luggages. Breakfast is ok. The best thing is the bath tube, after a day's walking, it is really great to soothe in it!

• Stayed May 2014
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Last time I stayed here 14 years ago I left with happy memories. This time the stay at Zlaty Andel was just as good. Excellent room, lovely ambience, relaxing atmosphere and good service. The location could not be better; on the main square just a short walk from the castle

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Every building in Krumlov seems to a type of hotel of some sort or another. Being right on the main square, the Zlaty Andel is perfectly located. Every one was helpful and pleasant as well. Our room was large with an "interesting" layout - bathroom and sitting room up on a second level - made for a nice funky/quirky feel. Our bed was comfortable, while the iron furniture looked great, wasn't much for lounging during breaks in the day. All up, do recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I think there are numerous different layouts, so just select from what you can decipher on their web...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stayed at Cesky Krumlov for only one night, but made the best of it while at the Zlaty Andel. From check-in and after check-out, their service was terrific. The rooms were quite charming, filled with character from the antique armoires to the room's views of the town. After we had left the country, I realized I'd left my wedding band behind here and the staff was kind enough to mail it to the United States at no charge to us. Thank you for a wonderful experience in Cesky Krumlov!

Room Tip: The roads are right below the hotel and church bells chime all night, so I'd suggest asking for...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Zlaty Andel? Share your experiences!