“If you don't expect luxury...” 2 of 5 stars

Pension Rosa
Linecka 54, Cesky Krumlov 381 01, Czech Republic   |
Ranked #84 of 121 Cesky Krumlov B&B and Inns
Finland
“If you don't expect luxury...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Let's do it this way.

What do they have:
- Great location
- Safe, in-yard parking, though it's very small area when full of cars
- Helpful staff
- Reasonable price

What they don't have:
- Proper linen (made of terry)
- Proper towels (only two thin towels for two persons)
- Proper lights
- Proper television (14"...)
- Electric kettle and/or mugs, cups, ...
- Fridge
- A/C
- Shelf in the bathroom and shower to keep your things
- Holder for shower

We stayed in Cesky Krumlov only from evening to early morning, so we just slept the tiredness away in this pension. No street noise whatsoever, but like many have pointed, the beds were not too good. Otherwise too, the room was very stripped to basics.

I don't remember much from the breakfast, so I must've had my coffee and breadrolls then.

Cesky Krumlov is very charming city and I must return there one day, but I will search for another place to stay, With little bit of attention to the rooms, Pension Rosa would be much more preferable place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Samobor, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I was in pension for 7 nights with my girlfriend and we have great experience. People at the reception does not speak good english but they are doing they best to help you. Great position of pension it takes 10min tops by foot to castle and the center of city.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Budapest, Hungary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

It's a nice location and a more or less properly renovated place. However, all what's written before about the beds and sheets is true. I did not have a problem (I was among the lucky few to have cotton bedlinen, and because it was hot I did not need sheets). But all others in the group - including children who are supposed to be good sleepers - complained about the beds and the linen. I found the young staff very helpful, I did not have a problem with the breakfast either - there was always jam and honey on the table, and the cold cuts and eggs meet what you expect in a penzion. So I was simply sorry for why someone chose (or perhaps was forced) not to spend the extra money on good beds and proper sheets and towels so that the guest wake up happy in the mornings. I hope to come back and find that all have changed and the pension lives up to its potential... still, we had a good experience, loved the city, had a good time rafting on the Vltava.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

The Pension Rosa needs to lift its game, the bedlinen was dreadful , stretch towelling sheets with foamy lumpy pillows. The room was not made up on our 3 day visit only the bathroom cleaned, whilst the bath towels were a joke , barely tea towels , so thin and poor. No bath mats , toilet roll holders etc . Whilst this is a relatively cheap hotel the hotel room essentials were not good enough .I would not recommend a visit to this hotel , although the location is good.the owners need to provide decent bed and bath linen as theirs is unacceptable.

Room Tip: go to another hotel in Cesky
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Cesky Krumlov hotels

Prague, Czech Republic
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Although we paid the max price which is on the web of this pension our room was really small (3.20 x 3 m) - I seriously think it was ment for only one person, not two. But we were tired after all day on the way, so we took it - anyway we didnt plan to stay in the hotel but wanted to see the city. Otherwise the roon was quite clean (beside the fact on the floor and chair we found pins).
The breakfast was terrible - if you know czech rohlik, you can imagine. We asked if it would be possible to have something sweet (a little of honey would be sufficient, because butter was there), the stuff told us that sweet breakfast is only for those who stay there more than 4 nights...
When we were leaving I asked the stuff twice for the invoice and they didnt give it to me with various excuses.
My whole impression is very bad. Its quite pitty, because the location is not bad. On the other hand we saw many nicer places (hotels as well as pensions) in better or same location and for the same but often cheaper prices (350 or 400 CZK/per). I cannot reccomend this place at all, but I can reccomend to everybody go there and find accomodation directly by himself. There are really plenty of possibilities. We were there last weekend, which means in hight season and there was not problem at all about capacities.
Anyway beautiful and romantic city worth to see! Enjoy it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Tilburg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

This was our second time in this pension. Something made us come back here, probably the very interesting price and location. My wife kept mentioning the nice breakfast, but even that did not bring back memories. I must have been suffering from sleep deprivation... What is a pension/hotel without a proper bed? I weigh 100 kilos and am 1.90 tall. The bed was too small for me and the mattress was practically non-existent! A piece of foam that has had hundreds of people on it. To me it seemed like it was already twenty years old at the Velvet Revolution in 1989. I was basically lying on a plank and the lumpy pillow did not help either. After complaining, the guy that seems to run the place, put another of those rubbish foamy things on top, which only made the hole I was lying in, bigger. I had to stuff the lumpy pillow in between the two mattresses to have some sort of comfort. In the three nights we stayed here, I must have slept a grand total of about five hours. Perhaps a shower would cheer me up, but I hardly fitted in the shower cabin and there was only a dribble of lukewarm water coming out anyway. Breakfast then perhaps? Well... not really. Stale bread rolls, chewy fine meats, sweaty cheese, treakle coffee and runny eggs don't make me happy...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Kaiserslautern, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

Good location but driving there our GPS took us through the old town. Not at all fun to drive through the village. It's a 5 minute walk to the village center so location of this B&B is great. Free courtyard parking was nice. Our room (don't remember the #) was just okay -- it faced the street and had single paned windows (it wasn't noisy). The bathroom was a bit tired and the shower's hand held showerhead holder was broken. Breakfast was okay; enough food and coffee so no complaints. Owners are very nice and helpful. They speak no English; we speak no Czech! But we were able to communicate in German which they spoke better than me. We paid 1070 Czech krona so the room was cheap. I think I'd try a different B&B next time despite the fact we didn't really have any problems with the room

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Pension Rosa? Share your experiences!