My fiance and I just returned from several days in St. Thomas. We were originally booked to stay at the Marriott Frenchman's Reef Hotel but after reading the negative reviews on this website we changed our reservations at the very last minute to stay at the Secret Harbour. Boy, was that a great decision!!! Our goal was to have a relaxing vacation in a beautiful location and the Secret Harbour delivered.
We had originally booked a studio oceanfront condo but when we arrived the resort upgraded us, at no additional cost, to a one bedroom oceanfront condo. The unit itself wasn't fancy but it was very clean and comfortable and quiet. Because the resort is located in a little bay the water is very calm and it made for some really fun snorkeling. The resort's beach was very nice and quiet and there are plenty of palm trees to provide plenty of shade if you don't want to be baked in the sun.
The resort's restaurant was also really good and we ate there for each meal at least once during our stay.
The staff was very nice and in fact, everyone we met on the island was incredibly friendly and helpful. We did rent a car which I would highly recommend. It was a little intimidating at first because they drive on the left but we quickly settled in and were thankful for the freedom the rental car provided. We were able to easily go grocery shopping and stock our fridge in the condo. Additionally, we were able to try various restaurants in the area and even took the car ferry one day from Red Hook and visited the island of St. John.
We met many people at the resort who have been staying there every year for many, many years and they say it never disappoints. My fiance and I hope to join their ranks and plan to return many times to stay at the Secret Harbour. Thanks for a wonderful stay Secret Harbour and we will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secret Harbour is a boutique all-beachfront condominium resort on the Caribbean US Virgin Island of St. Thomas. The resort is situated on the island's Southeast shore on a palm-tree shaded swimming/snorkeling beach with pristine Caribbean blue water and sugary sand offering tranquil and water sport vacations with superb amenities. The all-beachfront property features 48 uniquely furnished condominiums on the ocean that are individually owned and resort managed. Each condominium is a spacious studio, 1- or 2-bedroom beachfront suite with fully equipped kitchen and private patio/balcony. Amenities include: 2 restaurants; PADI dive center with scuba diving, excursion boats, sailing and watersport rentals; freshwater pool; tennis courts; fitness center; gift shop; ATM & spa services. The intimate resort is ideal for families, couples, watersport & diving enthusiasts, visiting executives, and those seeking a tropical destination wedding, honeymoon or event. Bonus amenities include free Wi-Fi, onsite concierge, and wedding/event coordinator. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Secret Harbour Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Harbour Beach Hotel Benner
- Hotel Secret Harbour Beach
- Secret Harbour Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands