“Do all you want or nothing at all” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Secret Harbour Beach Resort

You added Secret Harbour Beach Resort to your Saves list
Secret Harbour Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6280 Estate Nazareth | Nazareth Bay, Benner 00802, St. Thomas   |
Offers & Announcements
20% off beach vacation
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Benner
Ephrata, Pennsylvania
“Do all you want or nothing at all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2005

Home away from home is putting it mild! Secret Harbour is a wonderful place for everyone. I've been to St. Thomas 10 times and been everywhere there is to go. My girl and I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite up on the hill by the pool. As for the people that dont want to walk at all while on vacation, get a beachfront room and pay $200 more per night for being lazy. Our room was very clean with plentyof room, the balcony was very large with the best view of the lagoon. The snorkleing there is one of the best places on St. Thomas, Coki beach was unreal, as was Trunk Bay on St. John.

There was nothing that we could complain about after staying there for a week. And wanted to stay another. The staff was very helpful in many ways. The Blue Moon Cafe is one of the best resterants on the island and I've been to about 50. For the romantic types, call the cafe and arrange the sunset dinner on the beach for 2 it's well worth the extra few bucks
Ask for Jen Mitchel she is the best

As for the folks that cant drive on the right side of the road no less the left dont rent a car! Pay the per person rates and figure it out as for how much you spend a day for cabs. Or rent a car WITH AIR CONDITIONING for 40 dollars a day and go where and when you want for less.

Cant wait to go back there and I think we are going to plan our wedding there

• Stayed May 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2005

let me begin by saying that i come from texas and am used to the heat
i own a beach house in galveston texas
i have snorkeled in the bahamas , cozumel and playa del carmen,
cancun and isla de mujeres.
this time i wanted something different , us currency,drink the water,but laid back jimmy buffet style.
well my beach house is going to be for sale now that i have been to st thomas and st john and secret harbor.
my girl friend and i were in need of some serious rest and relaxation and secret harbor off season was very quiet
our room was up on the hill and we had a beautful view of the bay while we sat on the deck and ate sandwiches or meals we prepared in our kitchen and drank great rum drinks that we made at our leisure.
these provisions we picked up at the grocrey store in nearby red hook
cab fares and groceries were not inexspensive but its so cool and relaxing to be able to make your own food when ever you want to
i did not want the stress of driving rent car on other side of tight winding up and down hill roads maybe next time
it would certainly give you more independence
stayed at hotel beach two days and drank rum visited with other travelers swam and snorkeled and read books
other two days took ferry each morning to st john and explored the beaches and national park over there
i cannot begin to express how beautiful and relaxing this trip has been
we will be back again to secret harbor and hopefully stay in the same unit up on the hill over the pool( we liked the physical exercise of the hike)
things i will do different next time
maybe rent car or jeep
stay longer
maybe go to the kmart or find cheapest grocery store to maximize spending money
use more sun screen
be aware that there are no see um bug bite and learn what to do to prevent
take more photographs and write in a diary
snorkle more and take digital or film underwater camera
the restaurant and bar are great as were all the people of this facility that we came in contact with
we didnt need anything special and we weren't in a hurry
we were on vacation and we were on island time
and we could make our own food and drink any time we wanted to
so no worries
water pressure for shower is low but after you try you will realise that its all you need to take shower and get clean it just takes a little longer to do it
great time great place and cant wait to go back miss it already

• Stayed September 2005
Marlborough, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2005

Secret Harbour is an excellent resort for a small, casual wedding. Pam Parr did a terrific job coordinating the wedding and it went off without a hitch. My husband and I got married right on the beach and had a dinner reception on site at the Blue Moon Cafe. The food was great!!

The resort is nestled in a quiet area of the island and has superb snorkeling (this was the best spot for snorkeling I found on the island). The 1 bedroom suites are beautiful and spacious. The kitchen is an extra bonus. I recommend rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floor for a better view of the ocean. The only issue I encountered was the bed size. The room was supposed to come with a king size bed but instead had two twin beds pushed together. This took a few days to resolve. The person working the front desk on the weekend wasn't helpful at all. When the resort manager arrived on Monday the problem was resolved. By the wedding night, the king size mattress was put in the room. My husband and I plan to return to the resort for our 5 year anniversary.

• Stayed May 2005
Carlsbad, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2005

I wanted to stay at a resort where I could walk right out on the beach and was not disappointed. I love snorkeling too and the snorkeling at the beach was pretty good. We saw turtles, sting rays, bat rays, squid, tons of tropical fish so this place did not disappoint. I loved the beach bar and the staff. I also enjoy swimming and the water was great. Just be sure to look ahead since there are jellyfish in the water. The snorkel gear being rented at the dive shop on premises was very low in quality. It would be best to bring your own if you have any experience snorkeling. You will not be happy with the gear. The owner was also very brutal about the policies. He says you need to return the equipment by 4 and means it. We returned the gear at 5 and had to pay for an additional day even though it was for just one hour.

The one complaint I have about the property was that the room got smelly sometimes due to the sewage system. The toilet water looks like it was somehow recycled. We were on the first floor and maybe the upper floors were not affected.

This was our first trip to Saint Thomas and chose not to rent a car. We were shocked at the per person charges for the cabs. Just be sure not to go crazy. All the drivers were very honest and stuck to the posted rates for the destinations. We only stayed 5 days. If we were going to be here a few more days I think I would rent next time.

The best thing we did was to go on a snorkel/sail out of Red Hook. We used [-]. Captain Dave took us to a couple of snorkel spots that were absolutely out of this world and ruined snorkeling at the resort for us.

You can email me if you have any questions.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2005

First of all let me say I was very nervous about where to stay and poured over web sites for months before I chose Secret Harbor. I am so glad I did! It was exactly what we were looking for. We went to celebrate our tenth anniversary and wanted some peace and quite. Even though there are people on the beach it is still very peacful! The beach and the location are spectacular! We walked on the beach at night on just starred at all of the stars! One day we just hung out and almost fell asleep on the two man hammocks. The staff are really friendly. Thanks to Keith and Ray(bartenders on staff) for a great time! The snorkeling was awsome! You can rent the equipment for 10.00 bucks a day which is a great deal. It is not the Ritz but it was pretty nice. Our room had pretty much everything we needed. The blender did get a workout! They have a new grocery store that was just built (Food Center) that is down the road from the resort. We did eat breakfast one day at the restaurant but dinner is pretty expensive so we opted to eat off the bar menu which is really good! We even checked out some other places(including the Ritz) and the beaches at other resorts. When we told people we are staying at Secret Harbor they all said how lucky we were! The only problems we had were one day they were ants in the bathroom, but there was bug spray, and we never saw them again. Also one day the maid left our room unlocked after she cleaned. Nothing too major. Other than that it was the most relaxing vacation and resort I have ever been to! As long as you come to the resort with a smile on your face you will have a good time! We will be back as soon as possiable. You may e mail me with any questions you may have and I would be glad to help.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2005

Just got back from a week at Secret Harbour and can't say enough good things about this resort. I was with my wife and two kids (ages 11 and 7) and we all had a great time. The one bedroom suite we had isn't anything fancy and if you are looking for the plush accomodations of the Ritz you'd be dissapointed, but for us it was fine. The decor was reminiscent of visiting the relatives in Florida, and there was plenty of room for everyone. The kitchen made it easy for quick meals during the day and the town was only a 5 minute cab ride (5 dollars plus tip each way) for easy grocery shopping . Redhook was nice and I would have loved to get there more but the resort was so enjoyable that I never wanted to leave. There is also a small convenience store on premises for sodas, snacks, sunscreen and such.

The snorkeling was very good, especially to the right of the beach looking out, and we saw stingrays, sea turtles, lots of fish, and incredible rock formations. The visibility wasn't great the first few days but got better as the winds got calm. The beach was fantastic and has lots of palm trees, hammocks, lounges and, perhaps most important, shade. This was especially nice for our kids that wanted to play in the sand without us constantly worrying about the sun. It was nice not having to run out at 8 in the morning to reserve a lounge, as there are plenty available and they can be moved around at will. Having a pool on premises worked out well for the kids and it was almost always empty.

The food at the Blue Moon Cafe (on premises) was first rate. The burgers at lunch were great. The food at dinner is more fine dining and maybe a bit pricey but very good. The steak, which we had more than once, was outstanding, and that comes from someone that is pretty critical of Island food. The breakfast was the best, though, with incredible chocolate chip pancakes and pina colada pancakes. Don't miss having at least one breakfast there. Other reviews have been critical of the service but we found it pretty quick, although the place certainly wasn't very busy at the times we went.

The staff at the resort was very pleasant and helpful. Any issue we happened to have was resolved quickly and with a smile. I've been on several vacations in the Islands and this rates at the top of the list. While there aren't structured activities for the kids or a lot of amenities to keep them busy, we wanted a family vacation and had a great one here.

Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2005

My new wife and I just got back from Saint Thomas for our honeymoon. We stayed at the Secret Harbour Beach Resort. We researched several other resorts prior to choosing Secret Harbour. And WOW, did we make the right choice. The staff was more than fantastic. The view from each suite is of a beautiful bay. It is not surrounded by other resorts. There was an awesome atmosphere about the entire resort. Not a big party resort. Just a relaxing friendly resort. Everyone on the staff went out of their way to say hello. There was a manager's reception on Tuesday night and we met a lot of great people there. The restaurant, "The Blue Moon Cafe," had fantastic food and company. We had one small repair which we brought to the manager's attention on our way to dinner at the Blue Moon on our first night. On our way back to our suite, the manager caught up with us and told us that the repair had been done (Not the next day, but rather at 7:00 at night). The resort pool was immaculate, as were the grounds and the suite itself. One word of advice to anyone considering a trip to Saint Thomas is this. If you have cooking capabilities at the resort you choose, go to one of the local markets and pick up some food to cook (maybe breakfast and lunch). Food all over the island is a bit expensive, but then much of it is imported. But do try the Pina Colada Pancakes at the Blue Moon for breakfast and make sure to save room for a Bushwacker and a BBC to drink. We have definite plans to go back to Saint Thomas and will definitely stay at Secret Harbour.

Been to Secret Harbour Beach Resort? Share your experiences!