“Honeymoon” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Secret Harbour Beach Resort

You added Secret Harbour Beach Resort to your Saves list
Secret Harbour Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6280 Estate Nazareth | Nazareth Bay, St Thomas, Benner 00802, St. Thomas   |
Special Offer
20% off Beach Vacation
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Benner
A TripAdvisor Member
“Honeymoon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

We spend 10 days in st Thomas for our honeymoon. The staff at secret harbor resort were great they were accommodating and friendly. The locals not so much- we went to check in and they tried to tow our car away, not a great way to start vacation but the staff handled it very well and took care of it for us. Great view, clean beach, and snorkeling was awesome!

Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The best place to have a relax vacation. In July, my husband and I spent one of the best weekends in the last years. Our Room (a One bedroom studio) with a great view and access to the beach, was like just built. One really important thing, the AC worked great in our room. There is a freshwater pool (we never visited). The snorkeling in the calm waters in front of the hotel is terrific and great. I can't say enough about the beach. Before booking, I checked pictures, you will get what you see or even better. Everyone at this location was fabulous, from the check in process (all of the ladies were wonderful), bartenders, Brandon, Todd and Brian, made we feel at home. The drinks, the food, very good. I would recommend the Key lime pie frozen drink with Cruzan Rum. The WiFi is free in all parts of the property including the beach. As a summary: we are planning in going back as soon as possible!!!!

Room Tip: I would suggest to look for rooms in the buildings located in the hill, this would be a plus. But al...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I was here recently for a friends wedding. My first trip to the Caribbean. Boy was in for a wonderful trip. The studio was very modern with all the amenities. My room opened to the beach which was great. The hotel staff were nice for the most part except for a younger lady at the reception. not going to name her(her name starts with a 'L'). she was kind of standoffish. I didn't care much as I wanted to go to my room and explore the rest of the hotel. The Iguanas were pretty cool. The next day when I called in to get some coffee, the same person told me to come to the front desk to get coffee. Some once called right after that and apologized and they did get me some coffee for the coffee maker. I hope they talk to her about customer service. This is a great place to stay and they gave me a really good price on the rooms. I would definitely go back and stay there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Wyalusing, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

My husband and I spent 10 days at Secret Harbour for our honeymoon. Check in was quick and easy. Part of the hotel is built on a hill, so they had a guy with a golf cart take our bags to the room, which was very nice. The room was fairly standard but had a deck with a beautiful view. We recommend staying in the rooms on the hill because if you were in one of the rooms on the beach, you may have trees blocking your view, plus it is not as quiet. The beach is absolutely incredible, and the snorkeling is very good (you can rent snorkel gear at the dive shop which is on site). The beach bar (Cruzan beach club) has great food. We ate there almost every night because it costs $20 minimum to go to the closest town (Red Hook) in a taxi ($5 per person, one way). You can't walk because they are crazy drivers and there is hardly any space on the sides of the roads! The pool at Secret Harbour is not in the best of locations, but who needs a pool when the beach is so amazing. The water is so calm and crystal clear, swimming in a pool is a waste. I can't say enough about the beach. The beach and the dive shop alone make it worth staying here. The price of the room was around what we were willing to spend, although we were upset to find out that they tack on a $250 "electric fee". That was a curveball we didn't see coming (must've been in the fine print somewhere). The A/C was pretty loud, so we wanted to leave it on during the day so that we could turn it off when we came back to the room. That didn't go as planned because housekeeping turns it off when they come. Some of the people at the front desk are not as friendly as others. The gentleman who worked at night was extremely helpful and polite. My only big complaint would be that they did not give us "do not disturb" signs for our door. It was our honeymoon, and let's face it, sometimes you didn't want housekeeping there, even if it was the middle of the day. ; ) So that was a pain. I felt like I always had to be "decent" even when I didn't want to be. Other than that, we had an amazing time. If you choose this place, definitely go on the turtle snorkeling trip that the dive shop runs. Skeeter and his wife Amy are awesome people. Also, if you want a nice quiet sailing and snorkeling trip, book the Independence trip with captain Pat (she is incredibly knowledgable and friendly). That was our favorite thing we did in St. Thomas. The price is reasonable and the fact that there is 6 or less people makes it very personable and makes for a great day. Also, take the ferry from Red Hook to St. John. We walked around St. John all day and ate lunch at a place called the Tap Room, which is the restaurant for the islands brewery. Great place! Another trip that we wanted to do but was pretty expensive was the Virgin Gorda trip (you need a passport for this). Overall, we would definitely recommend staying at Secret Harbour.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms have a better view and are quieter than beach front rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Douglasville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Unbelievable stay !! I have not been on a vacation in 6 years due to my health so it was very important that we enjoy this trip.. Everyone at this location was fabulous, from the check in
process (all of the ladies were wonderful), bartenders, Brandon, Todd and Brian, words can not express how at home we felt. The drinks, the food, unbelievable. My son Sean said the pizza at
The Grill was the best he had ever had.. We have recommended this resort to all of our friends and family and we will be back. Javier we miss you !!
Brandon, Todd & Brian - You guys were the best.. Thank you for keeping a watchful eye on my son Sean until I arrived. We did not want to leave !! Miss Everyone, Trina & Sean

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor and it was perfect. The view was great, and such a wonderful view to wake...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Javier D, Assistant General Manager at Secret Harbour Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 10, 2014
I am thrilled by your words! All of the staff at Secret Harbour are humbled by your words of happiness and appreciation. I have passed your compliments to the mentioned staff...they are the ones that make the magic happen. I love the pizza here too! Not too thin, not too thick..just perfect! I miss you too Trina and Sean! Please, let me know personally when you plan to come back. Let us shoot for another FABULOUS TRIP and unbelievable stay.

At your service,

Javier De La Rosa
Lewis Center, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I want to start with the positives. The staff is amazing, always smiling and offering to help with any need. This beach is among the best on the island. The dive shop owners are super friendly and helpful with picking gear, arranging sailing trips, scuba diving, snorkel rentals, and just generally great people to hang out and chat with. There is a freshwater pool (we never visited) and some rooms have direct access to the beach. Oh, one really important thing, the AC worked great in our room :)

The view was amazing, the snorkeling in the calm waters in front of the hotel is terrific and great for first timers. The drive out to the east end of the island can be a bit daunting since they drive on the left side of the road on narrow poorly maintained roads, but it's worth it. Red Hook is nearby and has great shopping and restaurants, but you'll need a rental car to get there, or be prepared to pay for frequent taxi rides. There's only two restaurants at this hotel, one casual and inexpensive, the other more upscale.

The only con is that our room was a little shabby with tile grout that was cracked, and some cracks on the walls. But I just accepted it as character -- overall the place was amazing. A small microwave, stove, and full sized fridge were also in our room and came in handy for toasting bagels and keeping some rum cold. Housekeeping was spot on.

It's not the Hilton, but this place played a big role in us having one of the best vacations ever!

Room Tip: Stay in building 2 - best views / beach access.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 Stars! Amazing Vacation! Best vacation ever! Housekeeping was spot on. That says it all! It was a pleasure having you here and I hope you and your family come back in the near future so that we make a second "Amazing Vacation" and a next 5 Star review.

Javier De La Rosa
Coppell, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Wonderful stay at Secret Harbor! We loved the remote feeling and privacy this resort had to offer. The snorkeling was better here than several other beaches we visited. Some condo units were more updated than others. We can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: Some of the beach front rooms have an obstructed view because of palm trees. I wished we would have...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Javier D, Assistant General Manager at Secret Harbour Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Your words are like music to my ears! It seems that our unique experience has worked its magic on another happy guest as yourself. Thank you for your visit and this brief but fabulous review.

Warmest regards,

Javier J. De La Rosa
Secret Harbour Beach Resort

Been to Secret Harbour Beach Resort? Share your experiences!