I just returned from about 6 days at this resort. It was pleasant, but lacked some things that would have made it really nice.
Location: Isolated area, but still had plenty of tourists from the cruise ships. On any given day there were 10-15 guests, but also 20-30 visitors on the 150 yard beach line. No grocery store or restaurants (other than the cafe/restaurant on premises) within walking distance. At least there was a dive shop on site. Note there are rocks/cliffs on either side of the beach line, so you can't walk very far along the water.
Room: Excellent! I had a full one bedroom apartment with kitchen. It was fully equipped and as large as my apartment back home.
Service: Mediocre to poor. The check-in staff was friendly, but the grounds crew and housekeeping were not. It seemed like they just ignored you. I'm certain my housekeeper waited outside my room every day hoping I would walk by so that she could ask me if I needed service. Not wanting to sound like a slob, I always said 'no'. I thought it was inappropriate for her to ask.
Beach: Very pretty. Abundant snorkeling opportunities here, though it's all dead reef. Plenty of colorful fishies to swim with, though!
Restaurants: This isn't part of the resort (technically), but it's right on the property. Food was good. Service was hit or miss. Prices were very reasonable. Happy hour was great.
All in all, this was an average place. There are certainly much better places in the Caribbean (depending on what you're looking for). I'm not entirely sure why this is a boutique hotel since there is nothing 'quirky' about it and it isn't small.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secret Harbour is a boutique all-beachfront condominium resort on the Caribbean US Virgin Island of St. Thomas. The resort is situated on the island's Southeast shore on a palm-tree shaded swimming/snorkeling beach with pristine Caribbean blue water and sugary sand offering tranquil and water sport vacations with superb amenities. The all-beachfront property features 48 uniquely furnished condominiums on the ocean that are individually owned and resort managed. Each condominium is a spacious studio, 1- or 2-bedroom beachfront suite with fully equipped kitchen and private patio/balcony. Amenities include: 2 restaurants; PADI dive center with scuba diving, excursion boats, sailing and watersport rentals; freshwater pool; tennis courts; fitness center; gift shop; ATM & spa services. The intimate resort is ideal for families, couples, watersport & diving enthusiasts, visiting executives, and those seeking a tropical destination wedding, honeymoon or event. Bonus amenities include free Wi-Fi, onsite concierge, and wedding/event coordinator. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Secret Harbour Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Harbour Beach Hotel Benner
- Hotel Secret Harbour Beach
- Secret Harbour Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands