We stayed at Secret Harbour over spring break, and had the best time!! It is truly the perfect set up for families with small kids (we have 3 young boys) and for those who like to step right off the hotel grounds and swim/snorkel. We got a reduced rate for a beach-front condo (totally the way to go w/ small kids - the ocean view condos are up a steep hill) and Unit 235 where we stayed was really great. Not the Ritz or anything, but fairly updated (French colonial furniture and a nice bathroom). Also the views over the balcony on the beach-front condos are fantastic. We watched the amazing sun set every evening. It was fabulous to pack up our stuff each day and walk a whole 1 minute over to the beach/swim area of Secret Harbour. The towel guy is great - he is always there and refreshed our towels whenever we needed new ones. My husband and I loved the snorkeling - just 20-30 yards off the beach you can find all sorts of colorful fish in the coral. Also, the harbour is very protected and there's no rough waves or currents, which is perfect for kids and easy swimming/snorkeling. The dive shop next door is wonderful for snorkel tips, rental gear and kayaks/paddle boards. The restaurant on-site is fantastic also - the ahi tuna nachos are delicious!! They also don't short you on the alcohol in your drinks - plenty of rum for all. I loved the coconut-pineapple special at happy hour each day. Everyone was very friendly and usually helpful - Margaret at the front desk even gave us coupons for Coral World without us asking - which was very nice. It's an older place, so yes there are things that could use some spiffing up/updating, but overall, it's a really great value for the money if you don't require room service and someone spritzing you with cucumber water while you lounge by the pool. This is a self-serve kind of place, which was just fine for us while traveling with kids. You really can't beat the location and beautiful sand/water. I would definitely go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secret Harbour Beach resort in St. Thomas USVI is a boutique condominium beach resort with PADI Dive Center located in the stunning US Virgin Islands. Our secluded cove and intimate setting offer guests every luxury and convenience. Individually designed Studio, 1 & 2 bedroom suites with tasteful tropical furnishings, fully equipped kitchens, lounging patios and all the amenities create the perfect base for your tropical vacation. Snorkel the clear blue cove, kayak, paddle board or just relax around the beach. The Sunset Grille and Cruzan Beach Club offer classic American Grill menus with a creative twist and island-style flair. Aqua Action, the resort's on-site PADI 5 Star Dive Shop, will take care of arranging all of your water-based activities. If you choose to take a day off from exploring the underwater world, above the water are an array of activities. Day sails to the BVIs and St. John on Jester, para-sailing and fishing charters are all available through the shop. We strive to create the perfect island experience worthy of our crystal clear waters and sugary beaches. Secret Harbour is like nowhere else... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel and Venere so you can book your Secret Harbour Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Harbour Beach Hotel Benner
- Hotel Secret Harbour Beach
- Secret Harbour Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands