My wife and I just got home after spending a week in St. Thomas at Secret Harbour Beach Resort. Of course, we are NOT happy to be home. First, let me say, I think we hit the jackpot with room 332. The condo looked like it had been renovated throughout. The owner has excellent taste too. Very modern looking kitchen. Everything worked well. Always had hot water. Two tvs though we never used the one in the bedroom. The view was excellent yet it was not a hardship to go back and forth to the beach. Thanks to other reviews here, we did not want to be on first floor. Very little privacy and who wants to have their drapes closed during a sunny day. Though it's a public beach, it never felt crowded or rowdy. Never had a problem getting chairs. Both restaurants are excellent though the more formal one is pricey so we ate there just once. And one trip to the Food Center ensured that we could eat most of our breakfast meals in the room to save some money. We could have done more of that but we don't like to pinch pennies while on vacation. Took advantage of nearby Virgin Island Ecotour and spent one day kayacking, snorkeling, and hiking. Red Hook is less than a mile away for resturants and the ferry to St. John. Recommend highly a night out at nearby but hard to find Latitudes 18 for live music, friendly locals, and juicy hamburgers. The only thing that kept this from being a perfect vacation was not being able to find the Zip Lining place. Though only 8 miles away and allowing for one full hour, while the GPS said "now arriving" more than once, we could not find this business. We tried all 4 parts of an intersection with no luck, and it is hard to turn around on these unmarked roads. Regardless, if we return to St. Thomas, we'd stay at Secret Harbour and would ask for same room, just to play it safe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secret Harbour Beach resort in St. Thomas USVI is a boutique condominium beach resort with PADI Dive Center located in the stunning US Virgin Islands. Our secluded cove and intimate setting offer guests every luxury and convenience. Individually designed Studio, 1 & 2 bedroom suites with tasteful tropical furnishings, fully equipped kitchens, lounging patios and all the amenities create the perfect base for your tropical vacation. Snorkel the clear blue cove, kayak, paddle board or just relax around the beach. The Sunset Grille and Cruzan Beach Club offer classic American Grill menus with a creative twist and island-style flair. Aqua Action, the resort's on-site PADI 5 Star Dive Shop, will take care of arranging all of your water-based activities. If you choose to take a day off from exploring the underwater world, above the water are an array of activities. Day sails to the BVIs and St. John on Jester, para-sailing and fishing charters are all available through the shop. We strive to create the perfect island experience worthy of our crystal clear waters and sugary beaches. Secret Harbour is like nowhere else... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Tingo and Amex so you can book your Secret Harbour Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Harbour Beach Hotel Benner
- Hotel Secret Harbour Beach
- Secret Harbour Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands