Hotel is not "5 stars" with grand entrance ways, marble stairs, etc but the hotel rooms are very large and the beach was beautiful. What more could you need? We had an ocean view suite in building 7- One bedroom, one bath with double vanity, large living room, full kitchen, and outdoor patio. The sunset was gorgeous. Not a bad room in the whole resort.
-Located on the East end of the island away from the hustle and bustle of Charlotte Amalie
-Secret Harbour provides easy access to the ferry to St. John located in Red Hook
-Beach was beautiful and very well kept. Towels, beach lounge chairs, umbrellas, and hammocks are provided for Secret Harbour guests.
-There are 2 restaurants located at the resort: One was Sunset Grille which is fine dining and one is Cruzan Beach with more of a laid back, come as you are and eat a fish sandwich, hamburger, pizza, etc. They also serve guests on the beach during the day. Travis was a great server; always ready to go get us another drink! Every meal = delicious.
-The Aqua Action Dive Center is available at the resort where you can rent snorkel gear, paddle boards, scuba dive equipment and buy t-shirts, sunscreen, etc. Diane was extremely nice and let us keep our snorkel gear until after hours since we took it to St. John to snorkel in Waterlemon (highly recommend!)
-Jester Sailing is located in this harbour so it was very convenient to wake up and sail with Captain Jim for the day. He took us to beaches on St. John you can only get to by boat or hiking as well as a great snorkeling Cay. He has all the equipment. Also, his lunch is delicious. Must do--Book your reservations!
-Chance of cold water during your shower BUT once we called, they fixed it and it was great the rest of the trip.
-The beds were harder than I am used to but after long days of activities, I was so exhausted you barely notice.
-Breakfast was fairly expensive so we ended up going to the Food Center about 5 minutes from the resort and picking up some breakfast items. It was great having a full kitchen. Also, we would eat dinner and take the left overs home for lunch some days. Very convenient.
-Mosquitos are out to bite beginning at sunset. Be prepared with bug spray.
Loved our stay & got engaged on this trip! Will definitely be coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secret Harbour is a boutique all-beachfront condominium resort on the Caribbean US Virgin Island of St. Thomas. The resort is situated on the island's Southeast shore on a palm-tree shaded swimming/snorkeling beach with pristine Caribbean blue water and sugary sand offering tranquil and water sport vacations with superb amenities. The all-beachfront property features 48 uniquely furnished condominiums on the ocean that are individually owned and resort managed. Each condominium is a spacious studio, 1- or 2-bedroom beachfront suite with fully equipped kitchen and private patio/balcony. Amenities include: 2 restaurants; PADI dive center with scuba diving, excursion boats, sailing and watersport rentals; freshwater pool; tennis courts; fitness center; gift shop; ATM & spa services. The intimate resort is ideal for families, couples, watersport & diving enthusiasts, visiting executives, and those seeking a tropical destination wedding, honeymoon or event. Bonus amenities include free Wi-Fi, onsite concierge, and wedding/event coordinator. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Expedia, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Otel, Odigeo, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Secret Harbour Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Harbour Beach Hotel Benner
- Hotel Secret Harbour Beach
- Secret Harbour Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands