We stayed at a beachfront 1-bedroom condo in building#3 - great view, comfortable accommodations with deck view of harbour, but - and this is my fault for not complaining right away to management - the shower only delivered cool water during most of our brief stay. We were too busy having fun to go register a complaint! (and the water heater was replaced the day after I complained). Secret Harbour's grounds are lovely and well maintained, service is great, there was none of the beach chair reservation issue I've seen at other resorts, the food in the restaurant was exceptional (although a bit pricey) and the bar food is good too. The full kitchen in the beach front condo allowed us to balance this by eating some meals in. And there is good (not great) snorkeling right off the beach.
(1) Bring or buy some bug repellant - I have extremely itchy bites all over from the no-see-ums.
(2) After pricing this resort as a package (airfare+room) I then compared buying airfare from airline and calling Secret Harbour directly for a room price - and I got a much better deal this way (saved almost $500). Maybe this was because we traveled in early December when there are fewer travelers (so better deals) but the comparison is probably worth your time.
(3) Do your own arithmetic about rental cars vs. cabs. We took cabs the few times we wanted to go to Red Hook (for shopping, for dinner, to take the ferry to BVI) because our vacation was more about chilling out at a lovely place than driving around. If we'd rented a car for the week, we would have spent +$300 instead we spent less than half that (about $130) in cab fares - IMO a better way to support the local economy.
(4) We purchased some food at the Marina Market in Red Hook - for selection/price we should probably have gone to Food Center instead.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Harbour Beach Hotel Benner
- Secret Harbour Beach Hotel
- Secret Harbour
- Hotel Secret Harbour Beach
- Secret Harbour Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secret Harbour is St. Thomas’ best and only boutique condominium beach resort with PADI Dive Center located in the stunning US Virgin Islands. Our secluded cove and intimate setting offer guests every luxury and convenience. Individually designed Studio, 1 & 2 bedroom suites with tasteful tropical furnishings, fully equipped kitchens, lounging patios and all the amenities create the perfect base for your tropical vacation. Snorkel the clear blue cove, kayak, paddle board or just relax around the beach. The Sunset Grille and Cruzan Beach Club offer classic American Grill menus with a creative twist and island-style flair. Aqua Action, the resort’s on-site PADI 5 Star Dive Shop, will take care of arranging all of your water-based activities. If you choose to take a day off from exploring the underwater world, above the water are an array of activities. Day sails to the BVIs and St. John on Jester, para-sailing and fishing charters are all available through the shop. We strive to create the perfect island experience worthy of our crystal clear waters and sugary beaches. Secret Harbour is like nowhere else… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Amex, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Secret Harbour Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.