Based on reviews and what we were looking for – we booked Secret Harbor. It was perfect for our 25th Anniversary. As many recommended – we stayed on the beachfront and glad we did. We never made it up the hill to the pool; as the view and the sound of the water in front of us was perfect.
We are not typically big on snorkeling, but we read that it was good at this site. Wow great call – it was beautiful. At a friend’s suggestion, we purchased snorkel sets at our sporting goods store prior to the trip and then bought “bright” nylon mesh backpack to carry the gear. (The bright bag enabled us to easily see and to keep an eye on our stuff while snorkeling at St John.) You can rent gear and air mattress on site, but more than once - wished I had brought along a couple of cheap inflatable air mattress. The restaurant on site was good; the breakfast was a value, for island fare. On our way in from teh airport, our taxi driver graciously stopped at the grocery in Red Hook. We got snacks, lunch items and beverages. Be careful, I mistakenly bought a $9 bottle of 151 rum. That is the one item that is cheap on the island.
We usually dined at one of the Red Hook restaurants. We are glad we stayed at Secret Harbor and will be back.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Harbour Beach Hotel Benner
- Secret Harbour Beach Hotel
- Secret Harbour
- Hotel Secret Harbour Beach
- Secret Harbour Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secret Harbour is St. Thomas’ best and only boutique beach resort, located in the stunning US Virgin Islands. Our secluded cove and intimate setting offer guests every luxury and convenience. Individually designed Studio, 1 & 2 bedroom suites with tasteful tropical furnishings, fully equipped kitchens, lounging patios and all the amenities create the perfect base for your tropical vacation. Snorkel the clear blue cove, kayak, paddleboard or just laze around the beach. The Sunset Grille and Cruzan Beach Club offer classic American Grill menus with a creative twist and island-style flair. Aqua Action, the resort’s on-site PADI 5 Star Dive Shop, will take care of arranging all of your water-based desires. If you choose to take a day off from exploring the underwater world, above the water are an array of activities. Day sails to the BVIs and St. John on Jester, parasailing and fishing charters are all available through the shop. We strive to create the perfect island experience worthy of our crystal clear waters and sugary beaches. Secret Harbour is like nowhere else… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel, Venere, Booking.com, Stentorian NV, Agoda, Tingo, HotelsClick and Hotels.com so you can book your Secret Harbour Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.