Based on reviews and what we were looking for – we booked Secret Harbor. It was perfect for our 25th Anniversary. As many recommended – we stayed on the beachfront and glad we did. We never made it up the hill to the pool; as the view and the sound of the water in front of us was perfect.
We are not typically big on snorkeling, but we read that it was good at this site. Wow great call – it was beautiful. At a friend’s suggestion, we purchased snorkel sets at our sporting goods store prior to the trip and then bought “bright” nylon mesh backpack to carry the gear. (The bright bag enabled us to easily see and to keep an eye on our stuff while snorkeling at St John.) You can rent gear and air mattress on site, but more than once - wished I had brought along a couple of cheap inflatable air mattress. The restaurant on site was good; the breakfast was a value, for island fare. On our way in from teh airport, our taxi driver graciously stopped at the grocery in Red Hook. We got snacks, lunch items and beverages. Be careful, I mistakenly bought a $9 bottle of 151 rum. That is the one item that is cheap on the island.
We usually dined at one of the Red Hook restaurants. We are glad we stayed at Secret Harbor and will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secret Harbour is a boutique all-beachfront condominium resort on the Caribbean US Virgin Island of St. Thomas. The resort is situated on the island's Southeast shore on a palm-tree shaded swimming/snorkeling beach with pristine Caribbean blue water and sugary sand offering tranquil and water sport vacations with superb amenities. The all-beachfront property features 48 uniquely furnished condominiums on the ocean that are individually owned and resort managed. Each condominium is a spacious studio, 1- or 2-bedroom beachfront suite with fully equipped kitchen and private patio/balcony. Amenities include: 2 restaurants; PADI dive center with scuba diving, excursion boats, sailing and watersport rentals; freshwater pool; tennis courts; fitness center; gift shop; ATM & spa services. The intimate resort is ideal for families, couples, watersport & diving enthusiasts, visiting executives, and those seeking a tropical destination wedding, honeymoon or event. Bonus amenities include free Wi-Fi, onsite concierge, and wedding/event coordinator. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Secret Harbour Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Harbour Beach Hotel Benner
- Hotel Secret Harbour Beach
- Secret Harbour Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands