“Peaceful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of White Point Beach Resort

You added White Point Beach Resort to your Saves list
White Point Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   75 White Point Beach Road | White Point, Nova Scotia B0T 1G0, Canada   |
“Peaceful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed in a 2 bedroom cottage. Very comfortable, and clean. We arrived in a snow and rain storm. Very icy conditions. Only complaint was the firewood supplied for the fireplace was consistently wet.

• Stayed December 2013
wpfan, Public Relations Manager at White Point Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
grammer521,
Sounds like you made use of everything we have to offer over the Holidays. Thank you for sharing your review, your certainly will help others get a better feel for what there is to do here!
We look forward to welcoming in you back,
Donna & the White Point Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Lower Woods Harbour, NS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

My Wife and I have just spent 4 days of shear relaxation at White Point. We cannot fault the accommodation, food or the very well trained friendly staff.Although we were not in the main Lodge, the Room Service was fast and well presented. The food on the buffets in the main restaurant were excellent. We both tried the spa facilities, My wife had a massage on Christmas Day while I had Reiki treatment, then on Boxing Day we both had Reiki, I can honestly say that I benefitted greatly from the Reiki, I have problems with water retention in my legs and Feet, Following the treatment presented by Dorothea Kittel I have reduced water in my legs and feet. All I can say at this point, if you have thought about getting Reiki treatment and you are skeptical about, my advise is try it, I think you will be surprised how it works for you

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Seaforth, Nova Scotia, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

spent the weekend here, the main lodge has been rebuilt following a major fire and is great BUT they have some issues here, the Hot tub hadis filthy with a brown sticky stain around the edge lots of scum, hir etc just poor maintennce and lack of care.
The pool and sauna great but let down here, breakfast buffet good and the "egg station" well manned, but again let down by the staff, we asked for milk for our coffee twice and it did not arrive (went up and got some from the ceral bar in a glass ourselfs), decafe coffee requested and 20 mins later the young lady comes by and giggles "oh i forgot your coffee" and strolls off to get it, she was asked 3 times for the bill and at the third asking said would we like our bill ? (memory of a goldfish?) the other service staff at breakfast stood around in groups chatting and ignoring the customers, this is not what you expect at a resort of this standing
It has a lovely location and the main lodge is good, but remember the other rooms and cabins have not benifited from a fire and re-build and although are clean they are older so you will get rust on the hand ralils in the bathrooms, a slight musty smell in the room, down spouts missing on the gutters allowing large volumes of water to stand around the room blocks( block 121/122/123 etc).
I dont like to be this negative but we really expected more from this resort,it has a good location but needs a lot of work and if we are looking for a week end spot on the south shore there are better places such as Oak Island resort, Ocean view Chalets in Luneurgh etc.
We wil not be returning.

Room Tip: stay elsewhere
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TonyM
Thanks for the review - it appears mixed but as always welcomed. I can definitely appreciate your frustration over coffee/milk service over breakfast but it sounds like your meals themselves met your expectation - it does not meet ours either and will be addressed. The White Point Guestrooms referenced have in fact been refreshed since the fire (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP-BZHBfG_M) and met with very positive feedback. We'll double check your reference to the handrails of course as well, an unexpected comment for sure. There may have been water around the buildings, we have had a very wet winter thus far. We regret that your breakfast service and maintenance items have left you feeling like you cannot recommend us, we assure you our property wide review and program continues to be a focus of our efforts as are these reviews.
We do hope that your overall stay was enjoyable and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Booked the most expensive cottage for my birthday weekend well in advance,paying over $300 dollars as a deposit.Did this about six weeks ago,three months ahead of time. Phone call this weekend to let me know that on my birthday,the pool and games room would be off limits to us as the rest of the resort had been booked by a large group who would require sole use of the facilities. However,we could still eat meals in the dining room if we wished . The cottages are not self catering so what else would we do? Well,we have stayed at this resorts many times when our daughter was little and have since travelled far and wide.We even went through a Category 4 hurricane in a beachfront resort in Mexico,received awesome kindness and service from the management and staff,and return year after year as a result.I felt like a second class potential guest and decided to cancel the weekend outright,hung up very angry at the almost condescending attitude exhibited by the caller. I know when my party are not welcome and am saddened by the experience.I will never plan a visit to White Point Beach Lodge again .Clearly,this resort has a policy of selective hospitality as in all other resorts we have visited,only private function rooms are off limits to the guests not attending special events. This experience has left me very disappointed.Tourism is a large part of the economy in this part of Nova Scotia. Smarten up and put hospitality back into your practices, White Point!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
wpfan, Public Relations Manager at White Point Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear fondle,
We really do appreciate that you wanted to celebrate your birthday with us! We deeply regret that your birthday plans for 2014 with us are not coming together as you had hoped. Having spoken with our Reservations Agent who called you, I understand that indeed the very same weekend you had planned to come we do have a very large group staying with us who will be making use of all our facilities for their event. Anticipating that these limitations may not be ideal for your visit, we wanted to inform you well in advance and invite you to consider an alternate date. We realize that your Birthday only falls on one day, we didn't want you to be disappointed upon arrival. We'd hoped by giving you advance notice perhaps we could change your date, or if you hadn't planned to make use of the games room and pool, at least you would be aware of the limitations.

Occassionally we have group bookings that impact our guest experience and make every attempt to mitigate them. Milestones celebrated here at the beach are very important to us, we wish we could have found an acceptable alternate date for your stay.

Again, please know that we regret that we were not able to meet your expectations for your Birthday plans,

Donna Hatt, Marketing Manager
White Point Beach Resort
Bedford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Another great weekend at White Point. This one was to celebrate the first anniversary of their reopening. The entertainment on both nights was super. Fantastic fireworks display Friday night. The food, as always was great. My son had a big blue burger on Saturday night and for a kid that can't be filled this managed it. He loved it! Sunday there was an amazing display of local craftspeople and artisans called The Artists of White Point Showcase. There was lots to see and lots to buy. Incredible craftsmanship. We enjoyed our 3 bedroom cottage a lot. Really spacious, nicely outfitted and was super cosy with the wood stove and the never ending supply of wood. Cannot wait to go back again.

Room Tip: Take a good long look at the online map to see where you would like to stay. We have stayed in many...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
andi5176
Thank you so very much for your review and recap of your stay. Our Anniversary Weekend was delightful being surrounded by White Poitners, our artists and as you point out - great food!
Mark your calendar - we're having our 2nd year anniversary weekend Nov. 14-16/14.

Yarmouth, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed one night this week here. I believe feedback from friends etc had hyped up this resort, and because of this, my expectations were very high and the resort did not meet those high expectations. I hadn't reviewed the website or any reviews and was surprised by my accommodations and the appearance of rundown buildings. The room I stayed in was part of a cottage block within a short walk to the main lodge. The room was very tired. I'm sensitive to chemicals and smells and within an hour my lungs hurt. The main bedding appeared stained and the room smelled stale. The room didn't feel rustic, just felt more like a cheap motel room. Another person staying in the same block mentioned the porch light being on all light kept her up all night. My room had a nice water view and had patio doors leading to a run-down deck with a patio chair. I would have been interested in seeing the other rooms to compare those that have been updated. I did get a chance to see the "house" which was very nice and could see myself renting this with a few friends. The house was modern with a hot-tub kitchen, master bedroom with ensuite and a 2nd bedroom. I was with a group, and some had meetings in cottages and said it smelt like creosote. Others who have been going there for years felt the customer service has declined over the years.

The main lodge is nice, I liked the mixed materials and natural products used and the vast ocean views. I ate three meals, breakfast, lunch and supper and was pleased with the food. Wine was $10 a glass which I felt was a tad overpriced. The package I had included these meals and I believe there was some value.

Even though I was dissapointed, I plan to return, seems like a great summer place to spend with friends and kids and a place to make memories. I'd likely try to get a better room, or the house - I mentioned earlier. Now my expectations are lower and I've had a chance to peruse the website, I'll give it another try.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

we enjoyed every moment of our stay, friendly staff, extremely clean place, and the place is magical. they could improve their breakfast a little bit. but other than that, we Love it.
we tried the restaurant it was moderate, and we tried to book in advance the spa but it was fully booked!!

we are planning to make it our family and romantic getaway!!
thank you for the perfect service and happy anniversary!!

Room Tip: alway look for ocean view or oceanfront cottages!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
wpfan, Public Relations Manager at White Point Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Ohood A,
Our Anniversary weekend was a special time for us - even more so now that we know you'll be returning. We hope you offered some specifics on your comment card about your breakfast preferences so our Chef and his team can reflect and adjust.
Your title - Best Place eveerrr!!! brought smiles to all of us here, see you on your next visit!
Donna & the White Point Team

Been to White Point Beach Resort? Share your experiences!