I stayed 2 nights here as a last minute decision to get out of Manila, and overall, the experience was very positive and I enjoyed my stay very much.
I stayed in a garden view suite and I will say that although it was the cheapest room available in the hotel, I was not disappointed. I actually enjoyed the privacy because if you have a pool view suite, you'll be facing the pool and the opposite building... whereas garden view when you go out your door its just a lawn and a little garden, much more private!
The pool here is simply amazing... I spent so many hours in that swimming pool in the 2 days that I was there! I cannot fault it! In fact, the design of the hotel is simply beautiful and perfect, you couldn't have done it better yourself. You have ocean one way, then mountains in the background, simply breathe taking!
The hotel provides a free shuttle service which is great... although I did tip the drivers each way for their efforts.
The hotel also provides breakfast which is pretty good, mostly Filo food but they also have an omelette chef which was yummy. I recommend if you can afford to, give him a small tip, everybody only ever tips the wait staff and he does more hard work... and his eyes lit up with such surprise when we did that it was well worth it! He was very thankful!
The restaurant is great too and the prices were good... but the day we left they 'changed' the menu... basically it was the same food but MUCH higher prices now - but there are places next to the resort if you want to eat cheaper... I probably would if they still have this menu next time I go, it was too over priced - the old menu was much more reasonable.
The downside... service at this hotel needs improvement... wait staff aren't totally attentive which I don't understand, there are a tonne of them but they are always too busy standing around chatting and you have to ask for their attention, sometimes they don't even refill your water etc... however I found Chard to be the best waiter there - he would ALWAYS ensure you were looked after... I gave him the biggest tip the rest didn't work very hard for it.
Also at check out... even though the hotel was pretty empty... they will not allow you to check out later than 12pm. The transfer back to the airport for us wasn't leaving until 2pm and we wanted to keep swimming up until about then... asked for a late check out and they wouldn't budge no matter how much we plead. But can you believe, when 12pm hits, your room card no longer works! I left the room about 11:59am to go return the pool towels... when I got back my room card didn't work! I was locked out! Luckily my friend was in the room but I just found this to be appalling... never in my life have I experienced being locked out on the dot of check out - I mean I was ready to go by 12:05pm. I told this to the reception and they weren't bothered - they're all a bunch of robots who say what they are programmed to say anyway.
So in all... I do love this resort, but their customer service is lacking. If it wasn't for the service I would most definitely be back again... but I will probably explore options to go to El Nido next time in search of a nice resort with great service because to me, a vacation has to tick all the boxes, not just some.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located on the west coast of the Philippine Island of Palawan, home of beautiful mountains, lush rain forests, and a variety of wildlife, this resort is a few hundred meters away from the Subterranean Underground River. Boasting 94 spacious guestrooms and suites, all are tastefully furnished and decorated in a contemporary Asian style with a touch of local culture. All guestrooms and suites are fully equipped with modern amenities for guests’ comfort. The resort also offers a wide range of facilities such as swimming pool, fitness center and spa. Sheridan Beach Resort and Spa is offering guests a luxury and quality services in hospitality, which has made this Sheridan property a top destination among accommodations in Palawan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sheridan Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheridan Beach Hotel Puerto Princesa
- Sheridan Beach Resort And Spa Sabang, Palawan Island