“Beautiful resort but service is still lacking” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheridan Beach Resort and Spa

You added Sheridan Beach Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Sheridan Beach Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Sabang Beach, Sabang, Palawan Island 5300, Philippines   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Sabang
Brisbane, Australia
“Beautiful resort but service is still lacking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed 2 nights here as a last minute decision to get out of Manila, and overall, the experience was very positive and I enjoyed my stay very much.

I stayed in a garden view suite and I will say that although it was the cheapest room available in the hotel, I was not disappointed. I actually enjoyed the privacy because if you have a pool view suite, you'll be facing the pool and the opposite building... whereas garden view when you go out your door its just a lawn and a little garden, much more private!

The pool here is simply amazing... I spent so many hours in that swimming pool in the 2 days that I was there! I cannot fault it! In fact, the design of the hotel is simply beautiful and perfect, you couldn't have done it better yourself. You have ocean one way, then mountains in the background, simply breathe taking!

The hotel provides a free shuttle service which is great... although I did tip the drivers each way for their efforts.

The hotel also provides breakfast which is pretty good, mostly Filo food but they also have an omelette chef which was yummy. I recommend if you can afford to, give him a small tip, everybody only ever tips the wait staff and he does more hard work... and his eyes lit up with such surprise when we did that it was well worth it! He was very thankful!

The restaurant is great too and the prices were good... but the day we left they 'changed' the menu... basically it was the same food but MUCH higher prices now - but there are places next to the resort if you want to eat cheaper... I probably would if they still have this menu next time I go, it was too over priced - the old menu was much more reasonable.

The downside... service at this hotel needs improvement... wait staff aren't totally attentive which I don't understand, there are a tonne of them but they are always too busy standing around chatting and you have to ask for their attention, sometimes they don't even refill your water etc... however I found Chard to be the best waiter there - he would ALWAYS ensure you were looked after... I gave him the biggest tip the rest didn't work very hard for it.

Also at check out... even though the hotel was pretty empty... they will not allow you to check out later than 12pm. The transfer back to the airport for us wasn't leaving until 2pm and we wanted to keep swimming up until about then... asked for a late check out and they wouldn't budge no matter how much we plead. But can you believe, when 12pm hits, your room card no longer works! I left the room about 11:59am to go return the pool towels... when I got back my room card didn't work! I was locked out! Luckily my friend was in the room but I just found this to be appalling... never in my life have I experienced being locked out on the dot of check out - I mean I was ready to go by 12:05pm. I told this to the reception and they weren't bothered - they're all a bunch of robots who say what they are programmed to say anyway.

So in all... I do love this resort, but their customer service is lacking. If it wasn't for the service I would most definitely be back again... but I will probably explore options to go to El Nido next time in search of a nice resort with great service because to me, a vacation has to tick all the boxes, not just some.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mandaluyong, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

i went here last week the place is very nice. we had problems with our room and we got our room after 3hrs of waiting. the pool was awesome you will love hanging out in the bar on the pool drink there and chat. the room is pretty nice too. but there service sucks. food is always not available they always ran out of stocks, either fruit or meat or alcohol drinks. that's why we always end up eating outside for dinner. breakfast buffet is good. they need to put back there foreign chef and stop cost cutting cause if you like to cater to foreign costumers you need to improve your food quality and services. and there pool bar has no music you will end up getting bored if you alone.

Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My family of 4 adults and 1 teenager went there last August 5-8 1012. The hotel was beautiful. Their pool was the center of attraction and it was awesome! The rooms were clean and very nicely decorated.They should do something about their screen doors. They squeak noisily when you open and close them Very irritating. Amenities were always replaced. The restaurant was fine, food was okay. Waiters and waitresses were polite, all smiles, and very anxious to satisfy but still lacking in training. Orders take time to come to the table but I guess that is normal in this place. We ate at another restaurant at a nearby resort (Daluyon) and they serve their food faster. The staff (lifeguards, security, bartenders at the pool etc) around the hotel well very courteous, accommodating, and service-oriented. Now the major downsides; when we arrived we were given the wrong rooms and the wrong keys. Luckily, it was lunch time so they fixed everything before we finished eating. Though they gave us our connecting rooms, the bed were for four persons only and there were five of us. We opted not to complain and my sister just squeezed herself in my daughter's bed because we were too tired (after the 2 hours zigzagging road trip) to transfer to another again. But we paid for five persons. I guess the front desk staff were more engrossed and excited accommodating their visitors from the Philippine show business shooting a T.V. series episode in their hotel. Secondly, we booked a zipline and waterfall tour with their hotel months before we arrived but on the scheduled day of the tour, they told us the waterfall tour won't push through. And they would give us 30 minutes massage for each person or ATV adventure (with additional fare) instead. We confirmed the tours right after we checked in but they did not bother to inform us beforehand, that the waterfall tour was out! It was a good thing that SAM, our guide was very apologetic and arranged everything to our satisfaction, but with additional payment! The zipline is a must-try! Just bring your own drinking water because the long walk and climb up will really make you thirsty! I totally forgot to bring water so I had to stupidly buy a drink up there. The price was 5x the ordinary price! No cellphone signal and the slow and sometimes non-existent wifii were forgivable. We were in the middle of a jungle anyway! It was an enjoyable stay somehow. The staff really tried hard to satisfy their customers but I think they still need a lot of training. We would like to go back here if there's news of improvement.

Room Tip: Get rooms by the poolside. It's more fun. Noisier though...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

This resort is simply amazing.... thats is meaning the rooms and the pool and beach front area. Other then that this is not a place to go for service. 3hour check inns, most this are not avalible on the menu such itema as choc ice cream, beef sapacio, steak sandwich, garlic tiger prawns. Iam am a forigner and my stay here was obsecured by the lack of service and in most part not even interested to serve you... the swim up bar in the gigantic pool is awsome however they cant keep things in stock and when foods are orderd the staff has to fetch it from the resto which leavs no ond to attand the bar and this happens very often then no one aroind for 20min or so. Apprently according to the staff if was very good servics but the owners are now using a consultancy firm to manage this place. When spoke to one of he gm's he stated this to me "all resort pride themselves on something and we here pride oursleves on our rooms.... hmmmm ok thats easy as your 2years old. Anyways if your a local pinoy this is a dream hotel if your a forigner you'll be very unsatisfied.

• Stayed August 2012
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Went on a 3d/2n package with my wife and another couple. Resort was fantastic, food was really good and the prices for the food and drink not included was reasonable. Only one small downside was the transport from the airport takes nearly 2 hours and the small mini buses are not made for the 'traditionally built' westerner so turned out to be very uncomfortable. Pool was great, weather was fantastic, beach was good and the rooms were first class. We look forward to going again but next time adding the extra day.

Room Tip: All rooms looked to be comfortable we had pool view but there is ample poolside seating so not neces...
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We went to Sheridan Beach Resort and Spa at the end of summer, just a few days before school started- and we all enjoyed ourselves. The rooms are spacious, new and clean- with 5-star hotel amenities. The pool has a superb view of the mountains of Sabang and can be enjoyed by young and old. My year old nephew never wanted to leave the pool - and he does't even know how to swim. My brothers, nephews and nieces spent a lot of time in the pool playing water basketball. There are also a lot of other things to do here as well. We walked a few miles to be able to explore the mangroves on boat- to discover the wildlife while listening to the singing tour guides of Sabang. Some of us in the groups also of course went to the Puerto Princesa Underground River (PPUR) which is accessible by boat from the hotel.Be sure though that you book ahead since the tour coordinator of Sheridan is really not much help when it comes to the PPUR. There are also no other good restaurants in the area so we usually ate our meals in the hotel. Their breakfast buffet is really generous and you are bound to gain weight here. Over-all, I really enjoyed our four days here and wouldn't mind coming back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Livermore, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

It's the best resort at Sabang Palawan, Philippines. Great location, nice hotel & service, clean and safe. The best one to get if you're going to the underground river. Only 5 mins walk to the port. The price value for the hotel is good. The rooms are 4-5 star comparable to 5 star resorts. Since we got the rooms by the pool, it was great to move in and out from our rooms to the pool.

We love that the pool bar closes at 12mn. With the nice weather, we were able to go swimming till midnight and have a drink by the bar.

The water sports are still very limited. There is kayaking and boat cycling. They need to add snorkling, scuba, and jet ski sports. They offered wake and surf boards but the waves were weak. The largest zip line in southeast asia was there but not as large compared to other resorts in Mexico. The mangrove tour was educational and fun. The atv adventure was fun but they have limited number of working vehicles.

Room Tip: The best rooms are on the first floor facing the pool facing east. That way the afternoon sun does n...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sheridan Beach Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!