My family of 4 stayed here for 2 nights - superior room at the lower floor as it was the only room available at the time we booked. We asked to be picked up at the airport (van for 3k), and upon entering the van, the driver offered us bottled water and some cashew nuts. We then asked him to wait for us while we had a quick lunch. The drive was long and very bumpy especially during the last few meters, but after reading the reviews here, we were already prepared for it. We were just expecting the "ferrari ride" as what the other reviewers said, but instead, we had to transfer vans at the last few meters, as the road was being repaired and was really muddy. Upon reaching the resort, we were quickly transferred to our room. We had 2 single beds plus 2 extra beds, and still some space to walk around. Soon after, we were served welcome drinks and some "cold towels" to help freshen up. Really nice touch! :)
The resort though is for those wanting to just relax, watch the waves, and do nothing. There is not much to offer in terms of water sports, etc, but we truly enjoyed our short stay just taking dips at their pool and at the beach alternately. The place was so quiet that you can just count the number of people/guests in the area. I just had a concern with regards to our underground river tour. When we were still booking, I was made to understand that since the resort was very near the river and that we booked early, then we can get the earliest slots in the tour. A couple of days before our trip though, I was advised that our schedule was at 12:30pm. I had no problems with that, but we still preferred the earliest schedule and so I asked why it was very late already. I was then told that they will try to move our schedule to an earlier slot. On the day of our arrival, I was told that we were moved to the 930am slot. However, on the day of the tour itself, as we were already waiting at the lobby for the guide, they told us that the guide would be late. We waited for a few minutes, then half an hour, and so on. To cut the long story short, we ended up taking our tour at 12:30pm. Oh well...
We didn't let that spoil our trip though. We still enjoyed ourselves, and had all our meals at their restaurant. The plating of their food was superb, and I just have to commend one of their staff, Wilbert, who just gave the best service ever. One regret we just had was when it drizzled a bit on our last night. We had requested our last dinner there to be by the beach, and early in the afternoon, we already saw Wilbert setting up the table and making the place really nice and romantic, with all the lights and decor around. Unfortunately though, when we were ready to have our dinner, it began to drizzle. It just broke our hearts that Wilbert had to transfer everything back to the restaurant, and remove all the decor that he beautifully set up. And, he still served us our dinner at the restaurant with the best attitude ever.
Overall, we had an excellent time in Daluyon and we wished we could stay longer. It is really the best in Sabang :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on secluded Sabang Beach by the Underground River, a Unesco World Heritage site. 12 Modern-Asian beachfront cabanas comprising 27 rooms with private verandas, 24 hr. Generated power supply with air-conditioning, solar powered hot water and energy efficient light bulbs. Facilities include a restaurant serving Asian Global cuisine, a large adult swimming pool and a kiddie pool. It is surrounded by an old growth rainforest with limestone cliffs and a mangrove lined river flowing into the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Daluyon Beach and Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daluyon Beach And Mountain Hotel Puerto Princesa
- Daluyon Beach And Mountain Resort Sabang, Palawan Island