“Just perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Three Daggers

You added The Three Daggers to your Saves list
The Three Daggers
5.0 of 5 Inn   |   Westbury Road, Edington, Westbury BA13 4PG , England (Formerly The Paulet Arms )   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Edington B&B and Inns
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Just perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

I'm writing this review from quite possibly the comfiest bed I've ever laid in I've just watched gogglebox from my Victorian roll top bath, and I'm wearing a fluffy white towel and dressing gown. I'm stuffed to the brim with amazing modern rustic ( if that exists ???) food from the resturant, which has the most amazing extras such as jars of dog biscuits ( for dogs !!) next to the open fire in the pub.
I'm seriously considering moving in. In a word perfect.
The poor reviews on here seem unfair , and a bit bizarre. Surely you can't complain about having a place to yourself, isn't that what happens at home ? Except home isn't this comfy !

• Stayed March 2014
TheThreeDaggers, General Manager at The Three Daggers, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Hello
Thankyou so much for your detailed account of your stay here at The Three Daggers & I'm thrilled you enjoyed it so much

A "Perfect" review Thank you!

I hope you get the chance to stay here again very soon
Jackie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Spent two nights in Coulston suite having been lucky enough to get this at short notice. Beautifully appointed room with high quality soft furnishings and bespoke furniture. Very comfortable and spacious with the added advantage of a guest lounge with many extras like fresh fruit, eggs and bread and cereals and fresh orange juice and an honesty bar. Lovely big settee and an ideal place just to sit and relax. On top of this there is really good food in the inn.

This is a really great find and certainly a very up market and well thought out B & B. Much better than a lot of 4 star hotels.

Lovely location with very friendly and enthusiastic staff who could not do enough for us.

Room Tip: Two lovely king size rooms with ensuite facilities. The double room has it's own bathroom too b...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
TheThreeDaggers, General Manager at The Three Daggers, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Hello,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review & speaking so highly of us. We are all very proud of the Inn & the building we work in, so when we get such positive reviews it makes our job so much more rewarding, it certainly looks like we ticked all the boxes. I hope you get the chance to return again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

This is a hidden gem near Stonehenge! Only 3 rooms, so can book up quickly. We were in the Priory room, which has a private bath and a wonderful shower. The common room (fireplace, tv, sofa, kitchen) is a nice touch - but they have a great gourmet deli/food store across the parking lot and a wonderful gastro-pub menu in the pub and restaurant. It was pretty crowded on the Saturday night we were there, so a reservation was handy. Enjoyed an off-menu special of Venison Stew and a couple of pints of their "Stab" Ale. Great service, great food, and a very comfortable room. We were only there one night and had to leave early the next morning, before breakfast - but hope to return for a relaxing long weekend of 2 or 3 nights sometime soon.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
TheThreeDaggers, General Manager at The Three Daggers, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Hello

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. I'm so pleased you had such a great stay and wrote such positive comments we hope you get the chance to stay with us again very soon

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Needing a bed for the night as I was attending a party in a nearby village, I stumbled across The Three Daggers on the internet. It turned out to be a great find…. clean, tastefully decorated and run by very friendly staff. My room had access to a large, beamed sitting room with a well-stocked kitchen so there was an option to make my own tea/coffee/breakfast or pre-order a cooked breakfast in the restaurant. I chose the latter which was very good. There is also a farm shop on the premises. I was impressed by this recently renovated pub - it was definitely a welcome retreat from a wet and windy drive over Salisbury Plain.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Hello
Thank you for your comments I'm so pleased everything was to your liking.
TripAdvisor is a great way to review your stay because it gives new travellers an insight into what they will experience when they chose to stay.

Thank you once again & a wish you a very happy Spring -( when it gets here!)

Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Our overnight stay was excellent. Very warm welcome, amazing room (Coulston suite with lounge/kitchen for our use if wanted). Huge bed with amazingly soft duvet, pillow and bedding. Bose system for iPod, lovely toiletries - even Qtips and cotton wool pads in the bathroom. The bedroom and bathroom were both spotlessly clean and we were very impressed. The inn had a lovely lounge where we met friends for dinner. My husband said the beer was excellent, as was my wine. Good choice of meals and I thoroughly enjoyed my choice. Our companions though were slightly disappointed with theirs but as I am writing this review, my fishcake starter and gnocchi main course were great! Breakfast was a winner from all of us. Excellent choices and beautifully cooked full English breakfast. Would happily return if we are down that way again and have already recommended it to a couple yesterday who were thinking of going down to the Bath area for a touring holiday. Thank you very much 3 Daggers - you were all amazing.

Room Tip: The Coulston suite ( I think that is the correct spelling) was large with lovely vaulted beam ceilin...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Hello

Thank you so much for your amazing review & going into so much detail! I'm sorry your guests weren't as happy with their food as you were but I'm so pleased all your food was excellent.
we are ideally located between Bath & Salisbury so if you stay at the inn there's plenty of options of places to visit.

Thank you once again & we hope to see you again soon

london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

This review relates not to an overnight stay or a meal as such but to our use of The Three Daggers as the venue for our wedding reception.

As Edington residents, my (now) wife and I had been impressed with the way the former 'village pub' was transformed into a high quality inn with village shop on site. And we were keen for a 'classy but relaxed' feel for our wedding reception in July 2013. So it was an easy decision for us to use the Three Daggers as the venue.

The staff were excellent, both in the planning and execution of what turned out to be a rather big event. Many of our guests remarked how lucky we were and how obvious it was that the staff were (a) friendly and professional and (b) enjoying themselves as we all were!

We had over 140 people at our reception and they were all fed, watered (!) and entertained in 'country style'; a marquee was set up on the car park and bales of straw and blankets were strewn around on the lawn, for people to sit where they wanted (we didn't want a seating plan). Gorgeous bunting, ribbons and pom-poms were hung from trees and fence posts and a hog roast turned on its spit whilst we all enjoyed champagne and canapés.

We had booked all three rooms upstairs for two nights and our guests therein all loved the décor and details in each - I commandeered my best man's room for a shower and loved the indulgence of standing beneath a dinner-plate shower head!

Thanks so much to everyone that made our wedding day the best of 2013!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
TheThreeDaggers, General Manager at The Three Daggers, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Hello Rupert & Vanessa

Thank you so much for your amazing review & for going into so much detail on how we made your day so special!

As you mentioned we all enjoyed ourselves, from the planning with numerous cups of coffee through to the day itself which was the hottest of 2013!

I was so proud of my team on the day they delivered such high quality food and drink & always with a smile :-0)
I am also really pleased your guests enjoyed their overnight stay

Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Just back from 2 day break at Three Daggers for friend's 50th. We had all three rooms which was great with the kitchen & lounge area. The rooms are all beautifully decorated & have all the little touches. Everything is there for every need. To be able to just pop downstairs for breakfast & evening meal is just so handy & easy & the food is absolutely amazing. Everyone so friendly & helpful & just made our stay so wonderful. The farm shop stocks all the food you eat at the pub & can recommend the marmalade sausages! Location ideal for Longleat - would definitely recommend

Room Tip: The master is first choice but any of the rooms perfect!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
TheThreeDaggers, General Manager at The Three Daggers, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Hello

Thank you you so much for your amazing review & giving us 5 out of 5!

We’re so glad to hear that we seemed to have ticked all the right boxes to make both your stay with us in the Inn and your friends 50th Birthday special.
Our Three Daggers team work really hard regarding attention to detail to make sure that all our guests have all the little things to hand which we believe makes a big difference to making you feel relaxed and at home during your stay.
We appreciate your feedback you have given us on our Farm Shop, its great to know that the local produce we sell is being recommended and that the marmalade sausages are going down well! We thank you for your review and hope welcome you back really soon.

Jackie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edington
BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel
The Bell Inn
The Bell Inn
#1 of 1 in Great Cheverell
5.0 of 5 stars 92 reviews

Been to The Three Daggers? Share your experiences!