“glad to see it reopened” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
scotland
“glad to see it reopened”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Booked here for Sunday lunch the revamp is lovely the staff friendly and attentive menus have good selections,enjoyed our lunch my husband had picked the best starter oh well luck of the draw he had spiced prawns with avocado and mango he said its was delicious,the rest of the meal was good and the dessert crepes with ice cream was great,the only downside was I ordered a wine spritzer and it was nearly £5.00 for a medium glass,but we will be going back.It did not apply to us but children appear to be made welcome which is great for local families.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

What an excellent night I had celebrating my birthday with my friends. Food was delicious and the cocktails YUMMY

Bothwell, United Kingdom
“Great service even when very busy.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

It's not often I take 'Her Indoors' out for a meal - part of our pre-nup was that she did all the cooking.

However, as our 25th Wedding Anniversary was approaching I thought it a good idea to put my hand in my (deep), pocket - but avoid Central Glasgow eateries and instead support a local business.

I am glad that I did - and even more glad that I chose Da Luciano.

Some others have commented on the price / the bill, (perhaps they are more used to Greggs ?), however for the quality of food that we were served, the portions and the service, I was more than happy to pay.

This was my first visit and the Mrs was very pleased with the choice I hade made, the décor and also the ambiance, (apparently that's 'woman speak' for atmosphere).

Thanks to the staff for being attentive - it was a busy night but we didn't seem to wait long to be seated or served and they helped it to be a romantic evening - the description will need to end there :-)

• Visited February 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Up there with the Top UK Italian Restuarnts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have been fortunate to have dined in many great restaurants, not just in the uk, but throughout the world. Surprisingly I have found many of the best Italian restaurants not in Italy, but in New York. Having moved up from London to Bothwell with my company I couldn't believe my luck in finding Da Luciano's. That is three times my family and I have dined here and on each and every occasion we have found the food and service to be of the highest standard. We have tried a variety of dishes from the menu and found high levels of quality consistency. You have a regular customer in me and my family, so please keep up the good work

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Bothwell's Finest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Quite simply, the Food was first class, the service was excellent and the atmosphere allowed for the perfect evening. Cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough