“Another Great Visit!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Bearsden
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Another Great Visit!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel a number of times to visit family and friends. The staff are excellent and always make you feel at home. The hotel carpets etc have just recently been renewed so the surrounds are very fresh and clean. We had a meal at the Burnbrae at the foot of the hill as you drive into the Premier Inn. Food and service was excellent and just a 100 yds from the hotel.

Well done to the team at Premier Inn Bearsden!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ShonaghBarr, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow - Bearsden, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear Alan A,

Thank you very much for your review.

It was great to welcome you back once again and we are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay! The team were thrilled to hear your comments about how they made you feel at home.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

186 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Warrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed here many times over the years and always found the staff to be super friendly above and beyond I know they are trained this way but they really mean it! The rooms are great, clean and comfortable athough its the the newest Premier Inn. The only down side would be the aircraft noise going into Glasgow Airport as its directly under the flight path but I think the last plane was around 2230hrs and the first in the morning at around 6am unless of course the bed was so good I just didn't hear any others??

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ShonaghBarr, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow - Bearsden, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Parpot,

The staff were delighted to hear that you thought that they were super friendly and went above and beyond for their guests! It’s also really great to hear that you found the rooms clean and comfortable, and that the aircraft noise didn’t disturb your sleep.

Thank you very much for your feedback, and I hope we can welcome you back soon!
Kerteh, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I have stayed in this hotel on two different occasions and both times we have paid £29 per night, and both times we have been very happy with our stay.

The rooms are quiet, clean and very comfortable, and I like that many rooms have a bath. The staff are welcoming and very pleasant.

The restaurant which is just across the car park is always busy... a good sign! The food is excellent and really good value and the service is great.

All in all for £29 a night, this is excellent value.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear LindyIrving121,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I’m so glad that you found your stay good value for money and that you found the staff welcoming and pleasant. The staff at the Burnbrae next door will be happy to hear that you enjoyed the food and service down there.

Thanks again for your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again!
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My Husband and I , along with our two teenage children ,stayed at the Premier Inn in Bearsden, Glasgow last weekend. We thoroughly enjoyed every minute! We had a warm and friendly welcome at one o'clock in the morning and slept soundly in very comfortable beds.
The rooms were warm and spotless but one had a very strong smell of damp. When we mentioned this we were moved to another room within ten minutes - so no problem.

Breakfast was served in the Burnbrae restaurant across the car park and it was heaven for the 'all you can eat' merchants - such as my husband and son. Not so good for dieters as the aroma of bacon and eggs proved irrestible - ah well, never mind.

We also ate our evening meal there on Saturday night with a large group of friends. I recommend that you book in advance as they were very busy. The meal deals available were very good value for money and there was quite a good chice of dishes.

Staff at the hotel were very helpful and smiley - a wonderful experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Brid Mary P,

It’s so great to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us, and that the problem you had with a damp-smelling room was resolved quickly by staff. I’m also glad to hear that your experience in the Burnbrae next door was also a positive one. I hope we’ll have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future!
Leeds, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed here for one night en route to the highlands from England. The hotel was clean, the room spacious and good value and the staff courteous and helpful. We ate dinner at the Burnbrae restaurant which is on the opposite side of the car park, a kind of mock beamed pub affair. This was a surprisingly good experience. The meal, staff, and ambience were very good and the experience was good value for money. We went to eat breakfast at the Burnbrae the following morning and this was not a good experience. The staff seemed overwhelmed although I would not say it was terribly busy, the buffet was poorly stocked even when we entered and ran out of food long before 9.00 am, the restaurant seemed unmanaged and I would not recommend this experience to anyone else.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ShonaghBarr, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow - Bearsden, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear GordonD,

Thank you for taking the time to review PI Glasgow Bearsden. We are very happy to hear that you found the hotel clean, the room spacious, and the staff courteous and helpful. I am very sorry to hear that you found such a big difference in the quality and care in the Burnbrae between dinner and breakfast, and will be sure to feed that back to the management down there.

Thanks again for posting your review, and I hope to welcome you back to Bearsden if you are in the area in the future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stopped staying at Premier Inn's a while ago as I thought their standards were seriously slipping. When Premier Inn first started to become popular, you were guaranteed a comfy bed, a warm and clean room and friendly staff. I stayed at Bearsden recently because I was very late booking and wanted to be out of the City. In the past I was happy to stay at Premier Inn because although my company would happily pay for a more expensive hotel, Premier Inn had everything I wanted. My stay at Bearsden has reinforced my opinion that Premier Inn has become very poor indeed.
I booked the day before quite late on and spoke with a very nice guy; good start. Unfortunately it ended there, the day I arrived I was greeted by a surly receptionist and given a freezing cold room that despite the new heating system, I couldn't get warm. I then I decided to have a shower and was greeted with the appalling shower head which I have enclosed as a picture with this review (it has to be seen to be believed). I decided to have a bath instead but the towels which were supplied were so thin they were almost see-through, I was also only given one set and with no means to dry them, I fail to see how Premier Inn can accommodate someone who might feel like a shower at night AND in the morning.

Bed was comfortable but when your teeth are chattering, it sort of defeats the object!
I think Premier Inn need to re-evaluate what exactly their offering is; very good hotels can be got for the same price nowadays and most companies are prepared to pay for a decent hotel for their staff and sadly for them, Premier Inn doesn't fall under decent hotel anymore.

Room Tip: Don't bother, accommodation is very reasonably priced in Glasgow, look elsewhere
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Glasgow - Bearsden, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.
It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay.

We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations.
Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards.

Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated.

Thank you once again for your review.

Naina
Social Media Team,

Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed there for one night. Spacious, impeccable room with comfortable beds.The hotel is situated some 100 metres from the main road, so you can hardly hear any traffic. That's why the quality of sleeping is perfect. Breakfast is served at the nearby pub (by the main road). You have also a small McDonalds next to the pub.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear snooka76,

Thanks very much for your review. The staff were very happy to hear that you thought the room was impeccable and comfortable. I’m so glad that you found us to be in a convenient location and had a good night’s stay with us.

I hope we can welcome you back in the future!

Been to Premier Inn Glasgow - Bearsden? Share your experiences!