“New Years Day at New Manor Garden restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Cantonese
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“New Years Day at New Manor Garden restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Instead of having a New Year buffet at home we decided that as there was only going to be four of us(myself,my husband ,our son and my sister-in-law) that this year we would go out for dinner,so we picked our favourite Chinese restaurant. We were first in(at 5.00 pm)and the restaurant filled up rapidly. We were greeted on arrival with New Year handshakes and wished a Happy New year. Then shown to our table which had Christmas crackers and napkins. We decided at our leisure what we would have to eat and as always the food was good and delicious,with the usual good service.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

66% Recommend
Scotland
“Great for Christmas Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Booked here for Christmas Dinner on the big day.
Excellent menu. Service fantastic and food extremely good.
Good choice of starters, chicken and sweetcorn soup, shredded chicken with chilli and salt, butterfly king prawns or minced beef dumplings.
Mains were fillet of beef with veg, turkey with all the trimmings, honey chilli chicken, or fillet of beef in a Cantonese sauce. Google choice of desserts followed by tea or coffee with mints.
Excellent value for £30 per person.
We chose the 4pm sitting, we felt we weren't rushed and the restaurant was full.
We have used this restaurant before for Christmas dinner and also for meals and take aways and we have never been disappointed.. The children received a Christmas present also.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow,Scotland
“check your change”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We booked a table for xmas dinner for my family of four,we arrived on time and were shown to our table,we ordered our dinners and was extremely disappointed that some were served and finished before others received there starters,this continued into the main course and my son ordered fillet steak,well done,the rest of us were halfway through our main,I asked the waiter when my son's steak would be served? He went too check and told us it would be served soon.the steak arrived and it wasn't well done it was more medium rare.
The Bill came to £119 approximately I gave the waitress £150 ,she returned and gave me my change but was £30 short???? I immediately went to the bar to query this and was given my £30 ,no explanation or apology,they never even queried my change which h gave me cAuse for concern.
We will never return to what once was a nice local restaurant but is now a below average restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Best Chinese in Bearsden”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Consistently great food from either the Take Away or the Restaurant. Great selection of dishes including a wide range of sea food. My favourites are King Prawn with Chill & Salt, the Won Ton soup and also their half crispy duck.

Visited November 2013
scotland
“Gone down hill”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Had a meal on Friday 4/10/13 plumped for my usual aromatic crispy duck with pancakes etc which I usually enjoy but alas second pancake in got a bone which I thought ok then next helping also had bones - meal was totally ruined as it put me right off. Will say they did not charge for the duck! Decided to get a take away on the Saturday and plumped for chicken and fried rice have to say the pieces of chicken left a lot to be desired it was obviously the scraps from the chicken carcass and at £5.50p the quality should have been better and into the bargain got not just one but two hairs in my meal. This restaurant used to be really great but will not be back!!!

• Visited October 2013