“Unfriendly, arrogant staff!” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Reservations
“Unfriendly, arrogant staff!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The Inn is very local to where I stay and I would love it to be my 'local' pub but unfortunately the staff are so unfriendly. Over the past few years I have been at The Inn to meet friends or take the kids for pizza due to its handy location. Every single time I optimistically hope it might be different but every time I am disappointed! The food is fair to mediocre. The young girls who work there never smile, take their time to serve you and will serve a regular before you even if you were waiting first....and prepare to wait even when quiet. The Prosecco on offer at the table is invalid and a lesser product is offered at a higher price! And don't think about complaining as no one cares! Such a lovely venue though! Shame no one has thought to train the staff on customer service. A smile goes a long way!

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
InnBearsden, General Manager at The Inn, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Hi,
Thank you for your comments on your recent visit to the Inn which I can assure you we take very seriously. Most worrying for me is the impression you were given of the staff attitude and overall customer service. All staff are trained extensively on customer service and how to engage properly with our customers. Much of the feedback I receive is very positive towards the service and demeanour of our staff who are fully aware that to remain in their job they must treat all customers with care and with a smile ! However your visit gives us pause for thought and will make me look closely at any issues we may have in the consistency of our service.
Management will always deal with customer complaints in a swift and professional manner as we know how important it is to understand our customers perceptions and where we may need to improve. My apologies for your disappointing visit and I would ask you contact me directly to book a table for dinner so that we may make amends.

“Much improved.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Tried the new menu twice now & have been impressed by the changes, much more modern & appealing than the old one.
Burgers very tasty & well presented & the pulled pork is a great addition to the menu. Staff great as usual.
Will eat here more often from now on.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
InnBearsden, General Manager at The Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Hi,
Thanks for your kind comments. We have worked hard on delivering our new menu and the response from our customers has been great. For someone to point out a noticeable improvement in taste and presentation and to consider dining with us more often is music to our ears ! Thanks again from the whole team.
“Avoid the meal deal!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was my girlfriend and i first experience with food at The inn I opted for the two courses for £8 deal. Unfortunately this equals 3 fish goujons which were actually ok but was followed by an"angus sausage with ciabatta" which was actually one breakfast sausage cut in half followed by service with a scowl saying "well its the cheap menu! The place itself is very nice and my girlfriend's steak pie was ok but nothing to write home about and not worth £8.50. Only redemption was the male barman who apologised and admitted that my food was not good enough. I won't be back!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
InnBearsden, General Manager at The Inn, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Hi,
I'm sorry and disappointed that you did not enjoy your meal with us. We pride ourselves on our customer service and providing value for money from our menus, however on this occasion we have failed to do so. Your feedback is most welcome as it enables me to look closely at where we went wrong. Please contact me directly if you wish to make another visit and give us an opportunity to put things right.
glasgow, scotland
“Excellent Free Function Suite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We booked this for an 80th Birthday Party and were glad we chose here. The location is ideal, in a nice part of Glasgow right next to Bearsden Train Station and a Private Taxi office. The function suite is located upstairs from the bar/restaurant and we were told it catered for 30, which was exactly the number we had attending. They allow children up to 8pm so we booked the meal for 5pm. The staff were very helpful and efficient and the food was nothing short of excellent. The 3 course menu's main meal options had steak, salmon, chicken and veggie dishes on offer which caters for almost everyone but you also have the option of choosing from their other restaurant menu should these dishes not suit your taste buds. Everyone had a great time in a very safe and relaxing environment and the taxi office next door proved useful at the end of the evening. The staff notably didn't rush anyone, and controlled the lighting to reflect the atmosphere, allowing everyone to enjoy the evening to max. If you are planning a meal out for up to 30 people, you can't possibly go wrong booking here.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Night Out-Great Place-Awesome Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Went on a Saturday night,felt a bit scruffy,everyone looked like they were of the "Hollyoaks" set!,nice atmosphere-lively with music and individual tv's at one end.Asked one waitress for some local info as we've just moved to Bearsden she introduced us to Heather who was great-very helpfull and friendly-a real credit to the company.Had the food-all proper, fresh, made on the premises and the same price or less than most pubs frozen/microwave fare! Would 100% go back,will dress better-some serious totty gets in here!Might have to leave the missus at home!

• Visited September 2012