“Excellant” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dundalk, Ireland
“Excellant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend went down on Sunday 3rd for a 3 night stay to celebrate both our birthdays on the Tuesday (it falls on the same day for both of us) When we arrived at the room they had a plate with a small piece of birthday cake and a candle for us which I thought was lovely. Room was nice and spacious, the bathroom was amazing with a stand alone bath, great for relaxing!!! We had dinner in the Sol Oriens and the Arlington room, staff are really attentive and the food was absolutely gorgeous. Another great thing is the evening turndown service and they give you chocolates!!! We also tried the Spa Experience twice, I would highly recommend the hydro pool, we had so much fun :) On checkout the hotel gave us a €50 voucher for a return visit. We will definitely be back :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Douglas B, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage killenard, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear extragreen,

Thank you for feedback and congratulations on your double celebration. I see you enjoyed both restaurants and the spa.
We look forward to your return stay at The Heritage Golf & Spa Resort.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Just had dinner in the restaurant with my daughters and mother for mothers day. Fabulous three course meal. Staff were very attentive and helpful. Excellent presentation,looked lovely and tasted great. Very relaxing afternoon would definetly go back again. Thanks very much to Douglas and his excellent team of staff.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear EllieWM,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit. I was delighted to see you and your family enjoyed lunch and it was a pleasure meeting you all.

If I can ever be of assistance then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Steinenbronn, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We went to The Heritage for the spa and lunch and it did not disappoint. As someone who travels all over Europe for work, I can confidently say that this is one of the top three spas I've gone to in the past three years of spa-ing around the world. The facilities are top notch and feature steam rooms, four different saunas, spring bath, experience showers, foot baths and relaxation rooms. For all of that, you can enjoy for 30 euro for up to four hours. This is a steal in Europe.

I had the Spa Experience for 99 euro which included the above with two treatments customized to your liking--the massage and facial. Both treatments were so relaxing I fell asleep in the middle. The facial was the best I've ever had and I would come back here regularly just for the facial.

After our 5 hour spa experience, we had lunch in the bar. The bar features typical Irish food (sandwiches, chips, Guinness stew, fish and chips, etc) and is scrumptious. Not high class but certainly high quality pub food.

Only downfall is that this location is not near a major city or tourist attraction. It is for families or couples that want to relax, play golf and enjoy high quality treatment. Not for those seeking nightlife or tourist attractions.

The hotel was beautiful, the staff kind and helpful and the facilities top notch and five star. Booked my follow-up visit before I even left. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear theheatherchronicles,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to our resort. Delighted you enjoyed the Spa and lunch. We look forward to your next visit in the not too distant future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We had a grt nite out at ur bar it was the staffs xmas party nite fantastic i have to say everyone was so friendly. myself and my husband went for our 25th anniversary fantastic hotel,couldnt fault anything

• Stayed December 2012
Douglas B, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage killenard, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Karenjsim,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at The Heritage Golf & Spa Resort.
I am delighted you both enjoyed your anniversary and congratulations on a wonderful milestone. I do hope you come and visit us again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Lovely hotel, really lovely, staff are very friendly. Rooms are fabulous but little things bother me when you pay top dollar.

Reception area to the right- large hole on the painting, fix it or dump it.

Lunch in the bar, lovely food but overpriced. Service from a young girl was poor, cuttlery left in a pile on the table and plates weren't cleared before we got our tea and coffe. The price of a scone is astronomical but you have a monopoly so you can charge what you like.

I will be back but would like to see better value....and that picture fixed(sit on the sofa and look up)

Paying extra just to get into the Spa seems steep too!

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest30000,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our resort. I have taken onboard your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the not too distance future hopefully.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

stayed here for a weekend and its safe to say we will be going back here again. the food was delicious, the staff couldn't be more helpful and nice.

I would also recommend the breakfast buffet. as i was here with a group the general consensus was that it was a great spot.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Munsterrugbydog,

Many thanks for your review. Delighted to see you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to your return stay.

Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Went for a night away for Valentines. The staff are very friendly, food excellent and bedrooms were to a great standard - top notch for all of this.

However (and yes, I hate having a however) - after checking out on the Sunday, I paid for the one night, dinner and body massage which we were both having after check out. The total cost was over €500 - so an expensive treat and we were happy with the value so far......

But (and yes another word I am disappointed to use) when we went to the spa where we paid €80 each for a full body massage, we were told that we did not have access to the spa facilities unless we paid another €50. We questioned this, given that we were hotel guests and paying for treatments, but there was no budging and we were shown to the hotel pool area and locker area which was to a very poor standard (the sauna and steam room were in the bathrooms so you could not share the experience, we were not given bath robes or slippers and the pool area had limited offerings - a back shower and jacuzzi - so not to the standard of a 3 star never mind a 4 or a 5 star).

I must admit that the treatments were very good but the quality of the pool area was EXTREMELY POOR and disappointing - coupled with that we were not given access to the nicer SPA area which I understand had Turkish Baths etc unless we paid even more money - a bit cheeky if you ask me!

It was a pity that we ended our night away with this impression of an otherwise lovely hotel resort and I think this should be addressed by management of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Douglas B, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage killenard, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear BernieBDublin,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent visit to The Heritage Golf & Spa Resort. I was delighted to read you enjoyed everything and I did take note of your difficulties encountered regarding access to our Spa Experience.

I understand our Spa Manager Roseann has subsequently been in touch with you regarding our Spa Experience charges and the issue has now been resolved.

I look forward to your return visit.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to The Heritage killenard? Share your experiences!