Spent 2 nights at Thorney Hall on the way upto and back from Northumbria..
Picture on internet don't fully show the splendour of this house. It is obvious that Jan and her family have spent alot of time and effort bringing the house to it's impressive, 5* standard.
The rooms are spacious and sympathetically furnished to give one a taste of country house living from bygone days. However all modern facilities are provided to make ones stay most enjoyable.
Breakfast is an event in itself., served in luxurious surroundings with stunning view from your breakfast table.. The quality of the food is outstanding and one is at liberty to have as much or as little as one requires. It is easy to see why Jan reached the finals of the AA landlady of the year 2008/09, not so easy to see why she didn't win..
Carl and Sylvia
- Also Known As:
- Thorney Hall Country House Bed And Breakfast
- Thorney Hall Country House Hotel Spennithorne
- Thorney Hall Country House Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thorney Hall is a family run English country house bed and breakfast situated in Wensleydale, part of the beautiful James Herriot Country Yorkshire Dales. Jan Marie Scott Collier was an AA Landlady of the Year Finalist 2008. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo and EasyToBook so you can book your Thorney Hall Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.