“Awesome Crab Cakes - Small Steamed Crabs” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
TXAggieLady
“Awesome Crab Cakes - Small Steamed Crabs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Loved the crab cakes but the steamed crabs at market price were small. I loved the staff and environment. Beer prices were very good and the service was excellent.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
Baltimore, Maryland
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is our go to place when I don't feel like cooking. The crab cakes are amazing! One of my favorite appetizers is the crab pretzel, you can also get it with shrimp on top if you ask. The cream of crab soup is also great. The caesar salad is worth the upgrade for a side. The staff is also very friendly. I definitely recommend this place. The crab cakes are worth the visit!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Smithville, Canada
“Long ways from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We arrived on a Sunday after a long drive from Ontario and we were in between meals but decided to stay until dinner and just have a snack to tie us over until that time. We had the onion rings and homemade chips. The onion rings were massive and chips were great tasting... both filled us up so we decided to get back on the road on our way to Virginia. the following Friday we headed home and decided to stop for lunch to give the restaurant a fair trial. The first time our waiter was Tim, great service. 2nd time Dan was the waiter and again over and above service, talked about our vacation and where he liked Harper's Ferry.... great all around service. Pub style food and delicious. the chicken fingers were very real chicken, fresh cut fries... everything was great! Everything is basically fried food so not for the dieter.
Price of the food I thought was average, not high actually lower than average for such good portions.
Restaurant inside is nothing special but we thought it was great sitting outdoors and watching the boats at the marina.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC
“Not the best of experiences.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Made reservations for a Sunday evening at Stoney Creek. Had been there before and enjoyed it. This time, I did not like it but, it could have been the circumstances. First, the bridge was closed and this has had some impact on business (down about 25% I understand). It was a Sunday evening and staff wanted to go home. I ordered the wrong thing. So, here is the deal. The crab pretzel was overcooked - it is usually very good for sharing. The crab bisque was excellent. Very rich but loaded with crab. I would recommend it if going there. Everyone ordered crab sandwich and I thought I would try their deep fried crab with a crab cake. The waitress (very nice but not great) said it was good. It turned out to be nothing but a ton of batter over a hard crab with some crab cake in between. When I say a ton, I mean a ton. I had to cut it off and had a pile about 12 inches high of batter that was not even good and cooked in old oil. The crab cake inside was hard to find and not tasty. It was just wrong - it should not exist. I don't know where my brain was. Bottom line - for the money I can eat at better places and enjoy the meal more. Too much fried stuff and way too heavy. But the crab bisque was excellent and the crab sandwiches seemed to satisy everyone (I probably would have enjoyed it more if I had ordered the crab cake only but, the waitress seemed to say it was good - it just was wrong. They also have sweet potato fries which were pretty good. Husband did not enjoy it and agreed with me that we would not go back there for a long long time.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Severna Park, Maryland
“Great Crab Dishes Hon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The menu and food brought me back to Baltimore! The crab cakes were excellent, not to mention a favorite of mine the crab fluff. Not one crab fluff but three on the platter. There is nothing like an all lump crab cake dipped in batter and fried. The cream of crab soup and seafood skins were also delicious. The Smith Island cake in both raspberry and chocolate peanut butter were very tasty. The menu also had other Baltimore favorites including the fried hard crab and french fries with gravy.
Also Dan our server did an excellent job. All should try this local place. Ask to sit in the Raven's room the decor is adorable.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere