“So welcoming and friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Puri Mas Boutique Resort & Spa

You added Puri Mas Boutique Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Puri Mas Boutique Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl Raya | Lombok, Mangsit, Senggigi, Lombok 83355, Indonesia   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Mangsit
Perth, Australia
“So welcoming and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 5 nights at the beginning of October in the spa room and didn't want to leave. Puri Mas is so different to anywhere else we have ever stayed, so friendly and relaxing. The food was beautiful and well priced, the day spa located at the sister hotel is lovely and worth a visit. Perfect if you want to just stay and relax each day or easy enough to pop into town for a bite to eat and wonder around.Highly recommend a stay at puri mas, we certainly look forward to another visit early next year!

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

welcoming and helpful staff, lovely setting on a gorgeous beach, tranquil pool area, pretty and comfortable rooms with wonderful attention to detail, dining area by the sea (good food!) and amazing gardens...we recommend you also visit the sister resort, Puri Mas Spa, which is a delight (even if you don't use the spa services)...we walked up there, and it is an easy walk through a kampong.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Maryborough, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We had the most wonderfull time for 15 days - extended - as we didn't want to go. The staff, well you could not say enough about how great they were. The services were excellent. The facilities were excellent. Even the owner was absolutely wonderfull. My husband and I are going back next year for a great holiday. Good if you like a quiet but luxurious holiday for a wonderfull price. I really can't say enough good things about this resort. Gary Clapp & Christine Johnston

Room Tip: Any room that you may choose from the cosy budget to the extreme are of brilliant quality
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Puri Mas is located on the right on a quiet beach a short distance from Sengiggi. The accommodation goes from comfortably tasteful to downright luxurious with even the most basic rooms being nice. The surrounding gardens are lovingly maintained and make for a very tranquil stay. The restaurant and bars are of a high quality and the prices reasonable compared to those in town, my only criticism being not enough local dishes (true elsewhere too perhaps demand driven). The owner, a former champion dancer, arranged a display of local and ballroom dance that was quite fun. We also arranged a snorkelling trip though the hotel which was both excellent value and ridiculously good value.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Aalsmeer, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

From the moment of checking in late in the evening, till checking out, we felt welcome in this wonderful resort. We had one of the smallest cosy budget rooms, but with a nice terrace and a beautiful outside bathroom. The resort has been built beautifully with surrounding, very well maintained, gardens. The restaurant serves very good food and choices are fine. Breakfast buffet is also good, however, we as Dutch travellers, would have liked real cheese, but this was not a big thing for us. Every staff member is so kind and friendly, you just have to experience this. We travel the world since 1987 and this was for sure the best service minded resort where we have stayed. The pool area is very nice, but it's also possible to lay down on the very comfortable loungers on the sand. We found Mangsit beach very nice and quiet. I enjoyed yoga classes with other guests and staff members in the garden and it was wonderful. We were invited to the Tuesday evening cocktail party at the presidential villa and later on enjoyed the dinner and dance in the restaurant. Marcel, the owner of Puri Mas got everybody on the dance floor and it was a lot of fun. Our massage at the spa resort was very relaxing, you must pay a visit there too! So glad we decided to stay here for 7 nights. Will never forget we had an amazingly wonderful stay. Thanks to everyone!!!!

Room Tip: For us the cosy budget room was good enough, but next time we would book a slightly bigger room, as...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed her for two nights and I did not want to leave
We had a beautiful room quirky garden it was superb, clean and very cosy
The restaurant and breakfast were great value and the meals fantastic
The staff are very friendly and helpful thank you Made Rare for your assistance with our booking etc
The resort is located in a very nice area and the views back to Bali and mt agung are beautiful especially at sunset , try this while sipping a nice cocktail around the pool ...
If you travel to Lombok I would highly recommend Puri Mas for your stay ..

• Stayed August 2012
LovelyLombok, General Manager at Puri Mas Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear DlWal

Thank you very much for writing a precise, helpful and positive review about your stay in our resort. I hope that the readers of your review feel confident in what you have said, and make Puri Mas their preferred choice of resort when coming to Lombok.

From all of us in Puri Mas thank you so much for staying, and we hope to meet you again.

Best wishes

Sara and all staff of Puri Mas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed twice here... Once was May last year with my group of girlfriends and the second time was this year's July with my partner... Both times, I transferred from Bali and stayed for 4D3N... Even though Lombok is much quieter than Bali, I would not mind staying longer here...

Location - Puri Mas is in the middle of the stretch of Sengigi Beach... There are no shops nearby so you must engage a driver (thru the hotel or on your own) to bring you out... Good thing is Puri Mas is a beachfront hotel... So if you are just looking for a vacation to relax and chill by the beach/pool, this place is perfect for you... We only spent a day out for spa and seafood dinner, which was about 30mins ride away from the hotel... Puri Mas has an in-house spa but the rate was rather expensive...

Staff and Service - We are quite conversant in Bahasa Indonesia... So we had no problems communicating but my partner told me that their staff often misunderstood his message... However, I did not hear how exactly he spoke to them so I assumed that my partner's Bahasa Indonesia is not as good as mine... Haha... I could say that their service were excellent and prompt, especially the F&B staffs.... All of them were super friendly, efficient and the breakfast spread was excellent... We had dinner at their restaurant all 3 nights on their beachfront verandah... It was total heaven - all their food were delicious and the ambience was windy and comfortable... We sat there for hours and even fell asleep a few times...

During both stays, I engaged their in-house dive operator to go for snorkeling trips in Gili isands... Their diving staffs were equally as good in terms of service... It was not an easy task to monitor 3 girls snorkeling at one time but Darwin (one of the dive master) was really attentive of our safety... He made sure that we were nearby and at the same time, had the chance of exploring the corals and fishes.. He recognised me when I went there for the second time but we did not have the chance to snorkel together as my partner himself is a dive master and underwater photographer... We just engaged Darwin to bring us to Gili Meno...

Ok now for the room... Both times, I stayed in their Deluxe King Sea view and I got the same room... The room is very Balinese style, with comfortable king bed and outdoor toilet... It also has a queen-sized day bed on the terrace outside... Everything was perfect in this room until we had a scary experience during my first stay... At night, I saw something sat on the tree while I was brushing my teeth... It was dark outside and as I looked into the mirror, I noticed a pair of red eyes staring at me... I turned my back and looked at the tree... There was nothing except for a yellow flower... I then used that yellow flower as a "landmark" and looked back into the mirror... The pair of red eyes was exactly next to the yellow flower! I went into the room and told my girlfriends... One of them followed me into the toilet, pretending to wash our hands... She also experienced the same thing - she did not see it when she entered the toilet but when we were talking while washing our hands, she looked into the mirror and saw that red eyes next to the yellow flower... The next morning, all we saw was the yellow flower and nothing else on the tree (except for leaves, of course)... We did not report this to the hotel management and we were glad that was the last night of our stay... I got the same room during the second time and there were no other equivalent rooms when I asked for change... But I was lucky that my partner was a brave person who stayed by my side 24/7... Fortunately, I did not experience anything scary on my second stay... I would give a 5-star if this scary experience did not occur...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear RoseAmethyst

Thank you very much first of all for choosing our resort not only once, but twice, this is fantastic, so a big thank you from us all.

Thank you also for your positive comments you have made that I am sure will be interesting for Puri Mas review readers.

Regarding the incident you mentioned that happened in your garden bathroom - this is something perhaps unusual, although occasionally not unexpected given we are a tropical country.
Our resort is surrounded by hills, trees and flora - which of course sometimes lends itself as a habitat for fauna!
I am sure that the red eyes you and your friend saw were the eyes of a very scared gecko or possum like animal, both of which are completely harmless.
It is very rare nowadays for us to enjoy seeing any wildlife except within the jungle, as Lombok gives way to more development, and it is important that we do our best to protect all species.

Therefore I can only say to readers who may be concerned about what you have described in your review - that to see any wildlife here in our resort outside of our zoo in the Spa Resort area, would be an exception rather than an every day occurrence, and in fact highly unlikely except for as I have written a gecko or some small rodent type of creature.

We are glad that whatever it was you saw decided it wasn't happy being spied on by humans and chose to move on, as quickly as it came, and wasn't there on your second visit!!

Thank you again for your explanation, and for our review readers - if you were to ever experience anything that might make you feel uncomfortable, we do suggest you contact our staff immediately who will do the right thing to make you feel happy in your environment.

Warm regards

Sara

Been to Puri Mas Boutique Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!