“Pure Heaven On Earth” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Qunci Villas Hotel

You added Qunci Villas Hotel to your Saves list
Qunci Villas Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Raya Mangsit, Mangsit, Senggigi, Lombok 83355, Indonesia   |
Affiliate website
Special Price
BookEarly: Up to 40% off
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Mangsit
Singapore, Singapore
“Pure Heaven On Earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2009

Stayed at the Qunci Pool Villa for 2 nights near end of May, it was an excellent experience. The place is beautiful, the service IMPECCABLE! I don't know why people complained about the size of the place. Yea it's kinda small, but it's a boutique hotel. Hello?!

The room was clean, spacious and we could see both the mountain behind the hotel and the ocean from our balcony on the 2nd floor. Magnificent view that was.

The staff were a fantastic bunch. Everyone from the front desk to the restaurant servers and houskeeping tried their best to make us feel pampered and well taken care of.

We went for the 2 hours spa treatment at the Qamboja Spa in the hotel and it was a great 2 hours spent. The lady was skillful and very observant. All I can say is that the hotel staff really take pride in their work and deliver the best they can all the time.

The infinity pool was amazing with exceptionally comfortable deck chairs. Downside, the touting activities on the beach started to get on my nerves by the 3rd day, as all I wanted was a good tan while I admire the great view and enjoy the serenity of the place. Yet I was disturbed almost every few minutes by a "Mdm, you want sarong? Bracelet?". Having said that, those people were trying hard to make a living and are harmless. Just that it would have been much better if it was a private beach, exclusively accessible by hotel guests only.

All and all, it was a great stay and I will definitely go back again. And please, explore Lombok yet try not turn it into the next Bali.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Vancouver, British Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

After 7 days of paradise in Bali, the day after our wedding we ventured over to Lombok to hike Rinjani. Our stay on the Island was majestic. After the grueling hike we spent most of our time relaxing at the pool letting our legs recover. The staff at Qunci upon finding out it was our honeymoon surprised us with candles and flowers in our room and a special Indonesian Wedding dinner by candlelight on the beach. It was a beautiful, quiet, intimate escape. Just a 40 minute flight from Bali, you can immerse yourself in a totally different vibe surrounding yourself in the untouched, natural, beauty of the Island and the elegance of Qunci. Reserve Ocean View #8 - the bst view of the bunch!

Venice Beach, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

The Qunci Pool Villas is without a doubt, my favorite hotel in the world. In fact, whether I'm staying at a Ritz Carlton or a Marriott, I can't help but to compare all other hotels to this one. In the end, I have yet to experience anyplace that is as wonderful as this one.

I spent the second half of my honeymoon here as I had been advised that Lombok is a lot like what Bali used to be (I stayed for the first part in Bali). When we arrived, we were taken to the older section of the hotel, but after some initial concerns, moved over to the newer Pool Villas. This made a huge difference. The new side is amazing. We stayed in a first floor villa with an outdoor shower and a view of the Indian Ocean that was only steps away from the pool. The resort itself is gorgeous and incredibly affordable for all the luxury that you experience there.

We spent the majority of our time outside, either on our porch, at the pool or beach, or at one of the outdoor eating spaces. Between the sounds of the waves or the prayer calls from a nearby mosque, I found myself lulled into such a calming and relaxing state of mind from the moment I arrived. The food at the hotel was so tasty and fresh. Everything from the seafood to the desserts were first rate and the wait staff seemed to remember every detail of our orders so they knew what we would want without even having to ask.

The staff was amazing and went out their way to make us comfortable. Whether it was making small talk about US politics (Indonesians are quite excited about Barack Obama) or just making sure that our drinks were never empty, the staff here was top notch.

I can't say enough about this hotel. It was the trip of a lifetime and I would highly recommend it to anyone who visits southeast Asia. And with prices this good, you cannot beat it!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

Went to Qunci Pool Villa on 28th May 2009. Reach in the evening. Given room 31. Check-in is very smooth and prompt. Staff very observant and friendly. Went to Happy Cafe at Senggigi for dinner with the owner himself. Taxi that send us to Senggigi had their meter on. Charge from Qunci to Happy will be ard US1. Damn cheap. Had very delicious dinner and countless cocktail :-)

In-house brekkie at 8am sharp. Off to the infinity pool. It was heaven!! But again the touters are a bit of disturbance but they're harmless. Had lovely food and cocktails again by the pool. The weather is really hot so it's the best time to TAN TAN TAN!!!! 4pm onwards are Happy Hour. Again cocktails and more cocktails!!

Went to the spa. We paid bout UD50 for a 2 hr spa.DAMN WORTH EVERY SINGLE DOLLARS!!! It was heaven.. They're damn good. It's cool.. Off to Happy for dinner and then to Marina for some party.. Again cocktails and cocktails. End the night at discotheque 69. Loud dark place with many local but i got no issue mingling with them as i speak their language.

I will say this is 1 of the best place that i've been to so far in my life. The experience is once in a lifetime and trust me, NOW is the right time to explore that gem before Lombok become the next Bali.

Cheers!!!

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2009

I was there with my partner for six days and these were the things I'd like to share

Pros
- Amazing service. The staff are uber friendly and try to fulfill every single request.
- Great view. Unparalleled views of the ocean.
- Food! Food! Food! I personally loved most of the food on the menu. I would like to recommend the grilled snapper with prawn, and the steaks. As for drinks, we had their local beer (Bintang) most of the time, and their happy hours are from 4 to 7pm.

Cons
- Peddlers. They're like vultures looking to make direct eye contact with their prey and pounce on them with their handmade goods. Not something I'd like while relaxing by the beach.
- Boredom. If like me, you are one who require activities to fill your time, you will find there is almost nothing to do there. There's an internet cafe at the room behind the reception, no shop to buy things like snacks or a magazine, no gym, no television in the room. I was bored out of my mind on the fourth day. Be prepared to relax by the pool and do nothing else.
- Morning Prayers. Everyday, at approximately 4:30 to 5am, the religious would start chanting. I was all right with it at first, thinking it adds to the flavor of the trip, but it started to annoy me after a few days.

Neutral
- Rooms. I stayed in a garden villa. The entrance to our second floor accommodation was situated round the back of the building which was a set of narrow steps. A set of lights help to illuminate the them in the dark but they promptly blew up a few days into our trip. Thanks to their quick service, the staff managed to fix it within an hour. The room felt quite cosy and the bed was very big and comfortable. Be prepared to encounter bugs lurking around your room. One night I found that I shared my bed with my partner and a cockroach.

A few little niggles here and there, but honestly, overall a very lovely place.

Stockholm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2009

We spent four days at Quinci villas and loved it. The staff and the food were top notch. The hotel picked us up at the airport and drove us to the hotel in 30 minutes, then we checked in and got our private villa, Quayla, with our own pool. The villa was furnished very stylish with Indonesian art craft and paintings, but the bathroom was IT. Excellent decorated with the shower under the sky next to some great art. Lots of flowers, fresh towels, and everything was always nice and clean. We ate breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotel everyday, except for a one day trip to the fantastic Gili Meno island, and loved the food, generally we don´t eat at the same place when we travel to new destinations but this was IT. We still dream of the breakfast and the chicken Satay in the cool breeze from the ocean and the beautiful views. Don´t miss to enjoy a drink while watching the most beautiful sunset. We must give our best regards to the excellent staff, always helpful and very service minded. We always say that we want to see new places, but this place we really want to revisit someday.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2009

The service was a little slack but nothing to worry about.

The floors in the room felt dirty but it was a combination of condensation from opening the doors after having the a/c on and the bug spray they put on the floors. They really need to work out a better way to get rid of the bugs. The bugs weren't a problem but the icky floor wasn't nice. Watch out if you have crawling babies!

The food was nice, not cheap but not too pricey. The restaurant locations at both hotels (2 doors down the beach from each other) are beautiful and with a western aspect the sunsets are amazing.

Room 8 and 9 are the best rooms and cost nothing extra. 9 is ground floor so a little less private but great access to and from the pool and beach. Imagine waking up in the morning, opening the sliding doors, walking about 50m to have a wake up dip in the Lombok Straits while watch the sun hit Gunung Agung over on Bali then walking back to your room for a shower and breakfast on the front verandah....I wish I could start every day this way!

Also, do yourself a favour and go for a 2-3 hr package at the Spa in the Pool Villas property 2 doors down the beach. Its not as cheap as the beach massage but the beach massage is not worth the Rp70,000 (US$7). Splurge on a 2hr package for about US$50 and you will enjoy it so much more!

Oh yeah, there is a small shop that rents motorbikes across the road from the hotel. Nice guys and about Rp50,000 per day (easy to knock them down if you take if for a few days).

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Qunci Villas Hotel? Share your experiences!