“The Sudamala. A slice of paradise.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi

You added Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi to your Saves list
Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Raya Mangsit, Mangsit, Senggigi, Lombok 83355, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
Super Saver up to 30% OFF
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Mangsit
Surrey
“The Sudamala. A slice of paradise.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

This is my first review but I had such an amazing stay at the Sudamala I felt compelled to write this. I think the first thing to say about the Sudamala is that from the moment you arrive the staff go out of their way to welcome you and put you at ease. I have stayed in numerous nice hotels where the service is lacking, but this was not the case here. The staff were also incredible with my young son and never once did I feel that having a young child put me out of place in this idyllic location.

So now onto the accommodation. Well the first thing to comment on is the Sudamala has around 36 rooms and with that retains an air of boutique initimacy. Personally, I much prefer this over the larger hotels, and when you couple this with the stunning location overlooking the beach, it really is a heavenly atmosphere. The room accommodation is to a high standard, with large bedrooms, bathrooms (complete with indoor and outdoor showers) and a wonderfully large sofa'd balcony area. I opted for an Ocean View suite and I would definitely recommend this as being worth the extra money. The rooms are well maintained and cleaned to an excellent standard. The pool, bar and restaurant area were equally stunning, with phenomenal views across the water to Bali and when you combine that with the pan pipe chill-out background music and relaxed atmosphere you could easily be forgiven for never wanting to leave.

The food and alcohol were all excellent. With a wide and varied menu that certainly left me spoilt for choice. It's easy to run up quite a bill but that was honestly the least of my worries.

A fabulous stay for holiday makers, honeymooners or indeed if you have children. The amazing location, accommodation and attentiveness of the staff make the Sudamala as an idyllic and unforgettable experience.

• Stayed February 2014
Gusti_Paramatha, General Manager at Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear NIc2002w,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Lombok.

Pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I do hope that you bring fond of memories back home.

Very much appreciated on your good comment on the property and it's surrounding, the Food & Beverage quality, the services and the employees. I will certainly share your good comment with our team and I am sure that they are happy to hear such a nice comment from our valuable customer.

Once again thank you loyal support and we look forward to welcoming you back again in not too distant future.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I stayed here with my partner in February 2014. The hotel itself is lovely, it is quiet and the views are amazing. It is perfect for a chilled out, relaxing vacation. The staff here are very friendly and make you feel very welcome. My only criticism would relate to the speed and quality of service. It is extremely slow, we often waited about 30 minutes in between drinks. We were also given the wrong dish a couple of times or food that we ordered was not brought out at all. I think it is essential to ensure the hotel staff are trained properly. We visited in the low season so I can't imagine it is any better in the high season when the hotel is full!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Gusti_Paramatha, General Manager at Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear Liz902013,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Lombok.

Very much appreciated on your good comment on the property and its surrounding as well as the employees. I will certainly share your good comment with our team and I am sure that they are very happy to hear such a nice comment from our valuable customer.

I was very concern to read your feedback on the slow service, you were given wrong dish and other glitches related to our Food & Beverage service. Please accept my apologize for the inconvenience caused. This is not our usual standard and I will your feedback seriously and sit down with our F&B team for the improvement. Otherwise I do hope that you had an enjoyable stay with us and bring fond of memories back home

Once again thank you for your support and we look forward to welcoming you back again in not too distant future.

singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Sudamala Suites & Villas is excellent, close to perfect. Apart from the mosquitos (much a norm for the surroundings, they did provide insect repellent & dont forget to shut the doors that separates the room & the pool. Afterall we were fine about it as its quite inevitable). Apart from the mosquitos, I would have nothing bad to comment about this hotel. My friend and I stayed at room 114 Suranadi (One bed room Pool Villa) from 6 Feb 2014 to 9 Feb 2014 (4D3N).

From the time we stepped into the hotel, we were greeted by the friendly receiptionists who did a quick check-in. I was very appreciative on their efficiency as it was a rather long ride from Lombok airport to the hotel (1.5hrs). Having said that, it doesn't mean that the hotel has a bad location. In fact the location of the hotel is good, it is located right infront of the beach & is about 10 mins drive from the small town. Airport is almost far from all the hotels at Senggigi unless you choose to stay at another town which has nothing much to offer.

The breakfast was good. You could choose to have it serve to your room (at your comfort) or just go to the common area for breakfast (which has awesome scenery). We did both as we were there for 4D3N. The staffs are ever attentive, polite & friendly which made our stay comfortable & it feels really luxurious.

On top of that the pool villa was great. The pool was of good size for swimming & it was quiet. The room has a bath tub which is a step away from the pool, therefore it makes swimming and getting into shower extremely convenient. There is also a rain shower in the toilet with a spacious big walk-in warobe.

The dinner serve in Sudamala was good too. Similiarly you could have it serve to your room or choose a sunset dinner infront of the beach. (same menu for both but was enough for us to try different mains for the 3 nights). Dinner was good, therefore we had our dinner in Sudamala for all 3 nights.

We had massage & it was relaxing. Everything was charge to the room so you'll only have to pay upon checkout.

I would say that I'm definitely please by having chose Sudamala Suites & Villas during our stay in Lombok. Would definitely come back if I'm to visit Lombok. For such luxurious stay & good service, its way too value for money. THUMBS UP!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Jasmine6868,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Lombok.

Very much appreciated on your good comment on the property and its surrounding especially the villa your friend and yourself stayed in, the treatment at the SPA as well as the employees. I will certainly share your good comment with our team and I am sure that they are happy to hear such a nice comment from our valuable customer.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Everything about Sudamala Suites and Villas was wonderful. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were incredible (we stayed in an ocean view suite) and had everything you could hope for including an inside AND an outside shower! Most of all the view from the room was spectacular. The resort is quite small so it gives it a lovely personal feel, much better than the huge resorts where you're just another anonymous guest. If we come back to Lombok (& hopefully we will) we will definitely stay here again. Thank you to all of the staff for making our stay with you so enjoyable.

Room Tip: Choose the ocean view room if you can.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear DeeMacLondon,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Lombok.

Very much appreciated on your good comment on the property and its surrounding, the ocean view suite you were stayed in as well as the employees. I will certainly share your good comment with our team and I am sure they are happy to hear such a nice comment from our valuable costumer .

Cowaramup, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We stayed here for 7 nights and it was just perfect and all we expected. We booked 2 x private pool villas as we were holidaying with 2 teenage boys. They had their privacy and freedom and we had ours. Highly recommend the pool villas as you have the best of both worlds - privacy with your own private pool to dip into any time with the option of using the main pool area for a change of scenery. The staff were marvelous and helpful at all times. Any small hiccups (which you have to expect when staying in Indonesia) were dealt with efficiently and in a friendly manner. The quality of accommodation, restaurant food and the facilities were of a high standard which you would expect from this type of resort. I liked that it was a small resort. Overall a lovely, quiet and relaxing place to stay. Wonderful location on the beach which was great to walk and run up and down early in the morning and in the early evenings - no matter what the weather. Loved the fresh ocean breezes. Great to be right next door with easy access to Qunci Villas where you can dine at a choice of 3 restaurants. Only negative was traffic noise during the day as our villas were located closest to the main road. But it didn't spoil our enjoyment. Well that wasn't the only negative, unfortunately I got very sick towards the end of our stay but sometimes that's the luck of the draw when staying in Bali/Lombok. I don't blame the hotel for that, everyone else was fine, it was just my turn to be unlucky with the old "Bali Belly". Would definitely stay at Sudamala Suites again and highly recommend it to you all.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Tricia Tass,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Lombok.

Very much appreciated on your good comment on the property and its surrounding, the pool villas that the family and yourself are stayed in as well as the employees. I will certainly share your good comment with our team and I am sure they are very happy to hear such a nice comment from our valuable customer .

I am very concern on the traffic noise you can hear from the main road. However, we will try to do our best to minimize the noise if it coming our internal.

I am sorry to hear that you were very sick toward the end of your stay and I do hope that you are recovered by now.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights with family members. I had a upstairs room, which was lovely, clean, great balcony and very comfy bed. The little details they give you was surburb, like a new bed time story every night and chocolates. The Breakfast is cooked Fresh to order, is plentiful and delicious, i prefer this way, rather than a buffet.
We booked a tour through hotel, and ended up at the lesser know southern Gili Islands. It was Fantastic, the guide Hjoel was amazing, and very attentive. Everything was provided, from Beach towels, food, water, snorkels, bread for the fish, boat. He organized everything at each stop. It was the perfect, blissful day trip, and gave us a chance to explore more of this beautiful area.

The staff at this hotel are the best. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Gusti_Paramatha, General Manager at Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Smac77,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Lombok.

Very much appreciated on your good comments on the property and its surrounding, the food and the personalize service, the tour to the southern Gili as well as the employees especially Haji Zul . I will certainly share your good comment with Haji Zul and the rest of our team and I am sure that they are happy to hear such a nice comment from our valuable .

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back again in not too distant future.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Stayed at Sudamala for 5 days. Very good hotel. Quiet. Good service. Clean. Excellent staff,
One minor point. Housekeeping never remembered to clean ashtray on balcony. But was not an issue. Did the job myself.

Ola Ola could do with a little more varied menu for non Asians.

Highly reommended hotel.

Room Tip: Take an upper floor ocean view suite. Great suite but you may have to bear with a few ants that may...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Gusti_Paramatha, General Manager at Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Cikku2014,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Lombok.

Very much appreciated on your good comment on the property, surrounding and the excellent service extended by our employees. I will certainly share your good comment with our team and I am sure that they are very happy to hear such a nice comment from our valuable costumer.

Well noted on your feedback about the variety on the menu. This I will discuss with our Chef to have more option on the menu.

I was very concern to read your comment about the ashtray never cleaned by our room attendant and the issue with the ants. This is not our usual standard and I will discuss these with our House Keeping Manager and Chief Engineering to look into the issues for improvement. I do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Otherwise, I hope that you had an enjoyable stay with us and bring fond of memories back home.

Once again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again in not too distant future.

Gusti Paramarta.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mangsit
Qunci Villas Hotel
Novotel Lombok
Novotel Lombok
#2 of 6 in Kuta
4.0 of 5 stars 1,149 reviews

Been to Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi? Share your experiences!