I booked our stay direct with the hotel via email in August, 5 months before out trip for the online price of $210 US for a 2 bedroom apartment.
We travelled from WA via Jetstar on their new direct flight to Praya international airport with our 2 boys aged 3 and 4 1/2 years.
Heaps of great things about this hotel but unfortunately also not so great.
Starting with the greats; a fantastic pool for all ages including an enormous paddling depth pool ideal for our kids. part of the pool was located next to the KA restaurant where you have your daily buffet breakfast. Perfect for our boys who would scoff down some yummy pastries, pineapple juice and then jump in the pool, while we then sat and watched eating our b.fast in peace!
Food was good, but do venture out and try the restaurants in Sengiggi and Alberto's on the beach. As taxi to Sengiggi will cost about $1, you could walk but the trip would be sweaty and dicey with the traffic.
The grounds are enormous and beautiful on the edge of the beach but buffered by hedging, you can see Bali in the distance on a clear day. hawkers do hang around on the steps, avoid buying anything on your first day, check out the going prices for things then bargain so you pay a good price.
Our apartment was across the road from the main hotel and like other reviewers have mentioned it is an easy walking distance and the guards will stop the traffic to assist your crossing, the traffic can come in spurts of busyness so it is not an overkill to have yourself escorted across the road!
Rm 621 was a great spot, quiet with a gorgeous view of the rainforest and mountain, ponies right outside our room, roosters and chickens too. The call to prayer did wake us up each morning, once at 430 am, so do take earplugs.
The not so greats; Our apartment was needing quite a lot of maintenance, which was disappointing for the price we paid. A Noisy and dripping air con in all the rooms, none of which had a thermostat which worked and seemed to be set at freezing cold.
Fridge and freezer compartment did not work properly to keep items cold or frozen in the chiller.
Broken bed leg which was notified to admin on day 1 but was never repaired or replaced.
Water stains to the roofing of both bedrooms, which enlarged while there was a day long downpour.
Shower heads in both bathrooms were fixed at an angle where you would have to sit on the faucet to have a shower! Both were heavily coated in calcification.
there were 2 lamps which could not be used as they kept shortening out
Wooden hand railing had a rotten section where ere was exposed nails and splinters.
There is no DVD in the apartment, which would be a standard feature in hotels of a similar standard, instead you can hire one for $5 per day.
Laundry is available at quite a cost, but just down the road towards Sengiggi on the left is an independent laundry service available for a fraction of the price! there is also a small shop with beer, snacks, drinks and a little restaurant with Indonesian favourites, all at local prices and not the hyper inflated ones of the hotel.
Our kids used the kids club once for 1 1/2 hours while we had a massage, they seemed happy enough but it seemed to cater more for the infant, toddler aged child, not a lot of activities for our aged boys. There are also pony rides available.
Overall, it was a good hotel that needs to improve on their poor level of Maintenance, not only is it a safety issue but comfort for the paying client.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Resort Lombok is a tranquil resort nestled between lush tropical mountains and pristine beaches.Accommodations include garden chalets, ocean view rooms, beach bungalows and family apartment. All Rooms décor throughout the resort reflects the local crafts of Lombok combined with a warm and inviting residential feel.All room feature king or twin beds, color television & satellite reception, IDD phone, hair dyer, mini bar, tea/ coffee maker facilities and shower – bathtub.The swimming pool, surrounded by landscaped gardens, the spa, gourmet restaurant and comfortable bar ensure an unforgettable holiday experience ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, HostelWorld, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Resort Lombok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Resort Lombok Hotel Lombok
- Holiday Hotel Lombok
- Lombok Holiday Hotel
- Holiday Resort Lombok Mangsit