“GREAT SERVICE” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Ranch   |   Anse des Cayes 97098, St Barthelemy   |
New York City, New York
“GREAT SERVICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have been going to the Manapany for many years. The Roy brothers always treat us like family and have rescued us more than once. I can't think of many people who are kinder. They treat their guests like royalty and are always ready to go above and beyond regular service. I can't quite decide what my favorite room is. I love the rooms closest to the beach at the far end of the hotel. You are literally on the beach and you fall asleep with the sound of waves. I love the suites close the water with the jacuzzis on the wooden deck. Great white minimalist decor. I love the suites at the top. They are superb. The deep bathtubs are my kids' favorite. The restaurant is great and super lively. My children love this hotel as well and we feel completely at ease leaving our young children to wander around. The staff is always looking out for them and making sure they don't stray too far if we fall asleep on the chaises-longues. This hotel is what a beach house should be like. I love the beach. It's perfect for surfing and riding waves as well and my kids love the new pool. My wife absolutely loves the acquabiking. The setting is so beautiful it makes exercising a treat rather than a chore.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We loved every second of it. I particularly liked the spacious room. I treated myself to the spa. Great pedicure. I also enjoyed eating at last Voile Rouge, they have yummy pasta! The hotel is in les Anses des Cayes. You will need a car to go to st Jean or even to go shopping..

• Stayed February 2013
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I went to St Barts this New Year with great excitement. We were booked for 3 nights from Dec 30th- Jan. 2nd, 2013. We arrived to find that the manager had cancelled our reservation due to a 10 night min. stay during the holiday season. While I completely understand these minimum stay policies, we were never informed that this reservation had be 'rejected'. The manager, Phillipe, says that he will try to find us a room and sends us to the pool area where we waited for 4 hours. Although we were initially told the hotel was fully booked, we are given a room it is nothing like the images shown on the website. There were mosquitoes in the bathroom, a broken bathroom mirror, dirty/ dingy tub, our key got stuck in the door, an empty fridge (not even bottled water and the huge sign on the broken mirror read "water not potable- do not drink). There was electrical tape covering a 10" x 10" hole in the wall, no room service, etc...
The list goes on. For $1200 a night I would have expected much nicer amenities. I would have sworn it was a place where staff may be housed while working at the resort.
In addition, the people working at the bar are more interested in mingling and chatting with one another rather than waiting on guests. At one point, I watched 2 girls behind the bar put on make up and send texts for a full 15 minutes before even being acknowledged and asked if we would like anything.
This is a horrible hotel on a beautiful beach. My advice would be to avoid this hotel as there are many much nicer options on the island.

Jen- Los Angeles

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed one night on 1st December 2012 .Very scenic location although exposed to prevailing wind across the bay so the beach is more for surfing than swimming off.
Sad to see plastic bottles and flotsam on the beach but this is not the hotel's fault.
Small pool only suitable for children to swim or adults to dip in ..not swim for exercise.Our bungalow was clean and adaquate with a good bathroom but not what I would call luxurious.We did not eat at the restaurant but breakfast was 25 euros extra with not much choice.Need a car or taxi to get anywhere from the hotel.
Reception staff offered us a lift to the airport on departure which saved us a taxi fare.Personally,I would be bored after a couple of days here but other visitors will have different views.

Room Tip: a beach side cottage would be best if staying for a week
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
federoyfr, General Manager at Hotel Manapany, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Mike,

I'm very sorry that you didn't like the property and following your request from the december 25, 2012 we include the breakfast on the price of the room. During your stay we did have a lot of wayve and try to kipp up cleaning the beach, however like you said that wasn't our faute.
I'm surprise about what you are saying about the swimming pool. The pool is the second largest in St Barth and really is not for children only.
Of course as you said the island is kind of booring if you are not coming durring season time. And unfortanetly you didn't have look to see our new and incredible restaurant "La Voile Rouge St Tropez" If you have any chance to come back I will be very happy to offer you a night at the hotel.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I spent three days last week at the Manapany, my third stay there, and, as usual, had an incredible experience. The spacious oceanview suite was immaculate and extremely well decorated with heavy teak furnishings including a king poster bed, sofa sitting group, large armoire and a small dining table and chairs for two. Equally impressive is the modern bathroom with tumbled marble walls, granite double sink vanity, teak trimmed soaking tub and roomy stand alone shower. The features of the room reflect the overall attention to detail and comfort found throughout the property. The onsite Spa Payot and restaurant Fellini offer are equally wonderful. Staff in all the facilities were attentive and helpful, just like on my previous trips. Besides the owners, there seems to be a core of longterm veterans mixed with a group of young French workers who make their way to St. Barths to work a season or two before moving on to other parts of the world or back to their homeland. As a solo traveller, I also always enjoy the fact that Manapany draws numerous local families to its wonderful pool, restaurant, tennis court and, of course, private beach. They are gracious when I attempt to converse en francais and are ready to fill in the gaps with their superior English abilities. Last, the location is excellent: a short 5 minute drive into Gustavia or to the airport and St. Jean bay. I have stayed at other very fine hotels on St. Barths, but Manapany stands out as my clear favorite.

Room Tip: Couples, especially honeymooners, may enjoy the uniqueness and seclusion of the small cottages, but...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Le Manapany was the perfect place for my husband and I to honeymoon. The staff was so helpful and genuinely cared about make our experience the best it could be. The food the restaurant was delectable, Spa Payot was amazing, and the beach was of course beautiful. We had plenty of privacy with our beach front cottage, and were able to enjoy St. Bart's with the rental car Le Manapany provided. We will definitely stay at Le Manapany during our next visit. Thank you, Le Manapany for a dream honeymoon!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

My hubby and I had a fabulous stay here twice now and wished we could stayed even longer(both time ) . The hotel with its cottages ,is amazing and reflect the owners for their convivialities and is only outdone by the splendor of the location .The pool area is to die for with it powerful ocean view and a great restaurant !
Our room was gorgeous with a tropical theme and the accommodations were worth far more than the price we paid !
We would come back her again anytime we go back to St Barth .... hopefully soon !!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Manapany? Share your experiences!