“Not Good!!!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Bridge Palm Hotel

Bridge Palm Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Toll Gate
Bridge Palm Hotel
Save Saved
You added Bridge Palm Hotel to your Saves list
Toll Gate, Jamaica   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Toll Gate B&B and Inns
St. Catharines, Canada
“Not Good!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel and I hope our last. We had to change rooms 3 times when we arrived our tv was not working and our shower door fell off and injured my husbands foot. We slept that night and left for the day when we arrived back at 11pm our room was not clean the jerk chicken we ate the night before was still in the garbage and smelled the room the bed not made just not nice to come back to after being out all day. We were here for two weeks and our room was not cleaned everyday and when it was it was not clean well. After changing rooms our second room had dirty floors and were filthy, other peoples hair all over bathroom wish I had brought cleaning supplies with me. I was told by the staff the supervisor for the cleaners was on maternity leave. This makes sense because the last time we were here the rooms were extremely clean. Some of the staff were helpful and others were just rude. Kevin is very hard working and does his best to make your stay pleasant but its to disorganized. Only stay here if you have no other choices.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Catford, null, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We went there to get married. Hotel is in a good spot. Gardens are nice. free parking.
But - TV did not work in room. Reception would not take Jamaican dollars only english stirling pound notes ! Bed was made out old builders board and the table also, cloth was stapled down over the sides so you would not notice. Breakfast room which is all that it was - not a restaurant too small and not nice enough. Cooked breakast too small with the fried sausage cut in half lenght ways [Half for my wife half for me] Which is straight out of a carry on film. The waiter did give us a funny look when we used to laugh when he brought the breakfast.....

Room Tip: Do not choose a room in the new build back building. You have to go upstairs. Built with NO window t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

first they are very unorganized every thing about my weeding was jus fake the way how they prepare it miss Johnson need to shut this thing down are get there act together they fully spoil my entire trip and my weeding my kids were very uncomfortable toilet were leaking never do this ac was leaking u knw wat management need to do better I swear

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Laurel, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My family and I recently stayed at this hotel in December since it was close to my husband's family. I didn't go there with high expectations since I'm familiar with the area and I had read the other reviews, but we really didn't have many other options (there are not many hotels in the area). I had previously called the hotel to book our reservation and when I asked for a confirmation to be emailed to me, I was told "the person who sends emails is not here right now". I even called again just to make sure that I actually had a reservation and they assured me that my reservation had been made along with verifying the price. When we arrived to check-in, they gave us rooms that we had not reserved and charged us more than what they previously told me when I made the reservation. Not only that, but the young lady who worked at the front desk acted as if she didn't care at all, much like much of the staff. Then, the rooms looked like something out of the 70s! The a/c sounded like it was going to explode. The shower was so small that you couldn't even turn around in it and instead of having a shower head, there was only a hand-held shower attachment that was not even mounted so you have to spray yourself off in the shower! The only time the kitchen was open was during breakfast, which was cold and tasted awful. Good luck with chilling at the bar since it was barely open. Oh I forgot to mention the noisy parrots that were kept in a cage outside of our window that made it impossible to sleep in. Trust and believe that I will NEVER stay at this so called "hotel" again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I had the unfortunate experience of staying in this hotel in September.
This is the worst hotel, if you can call it that, which we have ever stayed in. No water, never mind hot water. The rooms pre-booked were not available. My mother-in law, who is not very mobile had to walk up a mountain of narrow stairs, even though we had pre-booked a ground floor room. Our ceremony was arranged for 1pm, yet we was told that they had arranged it for 3:30pm, so we had to rush the wedding, as we could not have our guests coming and waiting until 3:30pm.

My husband had to come down from the head table to play the music himself, thank God he's a DJ, himself. The menu we ordered and paid for, was not provided. We paid for 3 cakes and only received 2 on the day, and even that was a problem, as there was no-one to cut and distribute to our guests. Poor Kevin, was chief cook and bottle washer. He was the best......... ever so helpful. Making the best out of a bad situation. And I can bet that they are not paying him his worth, because they are a bunch of thieves. Jamaican style 'teif'. The Honeymoon suite was very nice, but would have been nicer if there had been water. It was not until my husband went to reception to complain, that the water mysteriously came on. Which indicates that they turned it off. I actually had to boil 12 kettles of water for use in the jacuzzi. What a joke........ jacuzzi, with no hot water. Breakfast was another fiasco. We had to buy our orange juice and drinking water, and one small donut was cut in two for me and my husband.
When we complained to Peggy, the manager, we found her to be more elusive than the Scarlet Pimpernel. You seek her here, you seek her there, but she is nowhere to be found. Probably counting the money.......... She was as reliable as a broken chamber pot. She was very unconcerned and hung up the phone. When I rang back, she obviously decided not to answer.
She is dishonest and lie, being inconsistant with her prices, and offers no documented paper trail. Todays price, is not going to be the same tomorrow. No, Peggy says, "mi noh know nuttin' bout dat". And the list goes on.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Lol mrs.johnson.....one of a kind lady, she cool. My room was cleaned everyday, the water flow was low for a hour or so but it's Jamaica it happens... I sprained my ankle the night before at that place, the workers cared and helped me.... They are sweet people ..... I got married there, the workers are timid and pleasent. My husband And I are simple people so what we recieved wasn't bad.... Considering I'm an american it was just weird how long the wedding was, or maybe I watch to much movies. : ) But boy was it long, lol!!! Everything that was needed was there... My husband and I walked down towards may pen or was it mc nie on our spear time and seen other resturaunts and residents of the community. Thank god my husband lives around there.... Honestly I got what I paid for, and it was nice, i wouldn't change anything( well except the sprained ankle lol) yaaaaaay toll bridge!!!!

• Stayed May 2012
North Lauderdale, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

A Group of us From Florida went to May pen on a Mission trip Friday June 16-18. 2012
Overallit was good but i wish that management would read the reviews and make the necessary corrections. One of our ROOMS WE HAD TO TAKE OFF THE TOILET BACK TO FLUSH THE TOILET. IN ONE OF OUR ROOMS THE AC LEAKED A LITTLE WATER PRESSURE AT TIMES WAS LOW. Sunday morning current went out no water was there.
Sherrine and Kevin was excellent. I will be back in August with a bigger group but the owner needs to step up and repair these minor things which seem so minor to be corrected.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Bridge Palm Hotel? Share your experiences!