“God help you if you stay here !” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Bridge Palm Hotel

Bridge Palm Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Toll Gate
Bridge Palm Hotel
You added Bridge Palm Hotel to your Saves list
Toll Gate, Jamaica   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Toll Gate B&B and Inns
Catford, null, United Kingdom
“God help you if you stay here !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We went there to get married. Hotel is in a good spot. Gardens are nice. free parking.
But - TV did not work in room. Reception would not take Jamaican dollars only english stirling pound notes ! Bed was made out old builders board and the table also, cloth was stapled down over the sides so you would not notice. Breakfast room which is all that it was - not a restaurant too small and not nice enough. Cooked breakast too small with the fried sausage cut in half lenght ways [Half for my wife half for me] Which is straight out of a carry on film. The waiter did give us a funny look when we used to laugh when he brought the breakfast.....

Room Tip: Do not choose a room in the new build back building. You have to go upstairs. Built with NO window t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

first they are very unorganized every thing about my weeding was jus fake the way how they prepare it miss Johnson need to shut this thing down are get there act together they fully spoil my entire trip and my weeding my kids were very uncomfortable toilet were leaking never do this ac was leaking u knw wat management need to do better I swear

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Laurel, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My family and I recently stayed at this hotel in December since it was close to my husband's family. I didn't go there with high expectations since I'm familiar with the area and I had read the other reviews, but we really didn't have many other options (there are not many hotels in the area). I had previously called the hotel to book our reservation and when I asked for a confirmation to be emailed to me, I was told "the person who sends emails is not here right now". I even called again just to make sure that I actually had a reservation and they assured me that my reservation had been made along with verifying the price. When we arrived to check-in, they gave us rooms that we had not reserved and charged us more than what they previously told me when I made the reservation. Not only that, but the young lady who worked at the front desk acted as if she didn't care at all, much like much of the staff. Then, the rooms looked like something out of the 70s! The a/c sounded like it was going to explode. The shower was so small that you couldn't even turn around in it and instead of having a shower head, there was only a hand-held shower attachment that was not even mounted so you have to spray yourself off in the shower! The only time the kitchen was open was during breakfast, which was cold and tasted awful. Good luck with chilling at the bar since it was barely open. Oh I forgot to mention the noisy parrots that were kept in a cage outside of our window that made it impossible to sleep in. Trust and believe that I will NEVER stay at this so called "hotel" again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I had the unfortunate experience of staying in this hotel in September.
This is the worst hotel, if you can call it that, which we have ever stayed in. No water, never mind hot water. The rooms pre-booked were not available. My mother-in law, who is not very mobile had to walk up a mountain of narrow stairs, even though we had pre-booked a ground floor room. Our ceremony was arranged for 1pm, yet we was told that they had arranged it for 3:30pm, so we had to rush the wedding, as we could not have our guests coming and waiting until 3:30pm.

My husband had to come down from the head table to play the music himself, thank God he's a DJ, himself. The menu we ordered and paid for, was not provided. We paid for 3 cakes and only received 2 on the day, and even that was a problem, as there was no-one to cut and distribute to our guests. Poor Kevin, was chief cook and bottle washer. He was the best......... ever so helpful. Making the best out of a bad situation. And I can bet that they are not paying him his worth, because they are a bunch of thieves. Jamaican style 'teif'. The Honeymoon suite was very nice, but would have been nicer if there had been water. It was not until my husband went to reception to complain, that the water mysteriously came on. Which indicates that they turned it off. I actually had to boil 12 kettles of water for use in the jacuzzi. What a joke........ jacuzzi, with no hot water. Breakfast was another fiasco. We had to buy our orange juice and drinking water, and one small donut was cut in two for me and my husband.
When we complained to Peggy, the manager, we found her to be more elusive than the Scarlet Pimpernel. You seek her here, you seek her there, but she is nowhere to be found. Probably counting the money.......... She was as reliable as a broken chamber pot. She was very unconcerned and hung up the phone. When I rang back, she obviously decided not to answer.
She is dishonest and lie, being inconsistant with her prices, and offers no documented paper trail. Todays price, is not going to be the same tomorrow. No, Peggy says, "mi noh know nuttin' bout dat". And the list goes on.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Lol mrs.johnson.....one of a kind lady, she cool. My room was cleaned everyday, the water flow was low for a hour or so but it's Jamaica it happens... I sprained my ankle the night before at that place, the workers cared and helped me.... They are sweet people ..... I got married there, the workers are timid and pleasent. My husband And I are simple people so what we recieved wasn't bad.... Considering I'm an american it was just weird how long the wedding was, or maybe I watch to much movies. : ) But boy was it long, lol!!! Everything that was needed was there... My husband and I walked down towards may pen or was it mc nie on our spear time and seen other resturaunts and residents of the community. Thank god my husband lives around there.... Honestly I got what I paid for, and it was nice, i wouldn't change anything( well except the sprained ankle lol) yaaaaaay toll bridge!!!!

• Stayed May 2012
North Lauderdale, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

A Group of us From Florida went to May pen on a Mission trip Friday June 16-18. 2012
Overallit was good but i wish that management would read the reviews and make the necessary corrections. One of our ROOMS WE HAD TO TAKE OFF THE TOILET BACK TO FLUSH THE TOILET. IN ONE OF OUR ROOMS THE AC LEAKED A LITTLE WATER PRESSURE AT TIMES WAS LOW. Sunday morning current went out no water was there.
Sherrine and Kevin was excellent. I will be back in August with a bigger group but the owner needs to step up and repair these minor things which seem so minor to be corrected.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Well, my family and I went my Grandmothers funeral in May Pen area. Instead of coming in from Kingston or the north coast, we decided to stay 3 nights at Bridge Palm.

So about 10 of us stayed at the hotel. 1st I should say I previously stayed here in Sept 11 with my infant son. The first trip was fine, stayed 2 nights the water pressure was fine, cable tv worked and I had a little working fridge. All was good.

This time I travelled with my wife and son (plus other family members), my wife had never stayed here, but I told the place is decent for the part of Jamaica we are travelling to. Low and behold, the 1st night there was a mix up with our booked room, then the really big issue (you women out there could understand, when the montly menstral vistor arrives) the water pressure was nothing, then turned to a sputter, so my wife wasnt to pleased not being able to have a decent bath or even flush toilet.

Basically everyone in the hotel was complaining to staff members who had no control of such a large issue. The water pressure came back but was never strong.

I think the real concern with Bridge Palm. At no time was the owner or main manager present to give people some relief. Management let all the pressure fall on the basic workers of the hotel. Which is terrible and un fair, not the way business should work.

I feel that management feels they can treat people like this because they know not much options around and most people are Jamaicans who now live abroad.

With all that being said, I would probably still stay here again but ask for a reduced rate unless they can prove other items have been upgraded

Pros- Really nice grounds to walk or for nice pictures
- breakfast in the morning
- wifi in the lobby area of hotel
- convienant for that part of jamaica right of the main road (not hard to find)
-No outsiders wandering around, I would say really safe place to lodge

Cons- Terrible management
- water pressure
- Tv channels not consistant
- some rooms smell, possible sewage issue
- rooms at the back some dont have windows and arent conected to main building
you have to walk outside down parking lot to get to the lobby

Room Tip: Try avoid rooms at the back. Room#5 is good,#1 ok NEVER CHOOSE #3!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Bridge Palm Hotel? Share your experiences!