A place to go if you want peace and quiet... not a lot happens here which is much of the attraction. Canouan is at the moment a great little island and generally unspoilt. The people are very friendly and we saw no hassling. Mangrove Restaurant along the beach worth a visit - have the special if there is one.
A trip to Tobago Cays is a must.
We flew in to the tiny airport - actually fun, and so different from the norm. Left by fast ferry Jaden Sun to Kingstown, St Vincent, another different and interesting way to travel.
The Hotel is comfortable and laid back in the best sense. Great friendly service, average food though the fish was good. We had a suite - great high ceiling, dark wood panelling, comfortable, large bed, decent balcony - exactly the right mix for the setting (who wants a modern hotel room? This is so much better).
We wil certainly consider returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarind Beach Hotel & Yacht Club is a lively beachfront oasis with 40 seaside hideaways, surrounded by tropical gardens, on a long white sand beach. The low-rise property features two thatched-roof restaurants/bars: the "Palapa Restaurant", with a delightful open terrace right at the water edge, offering Italian and West Indian cuisine and the “Pirate's Cove” an informal Bar serving lighter fare. Beach bar, water sports (hydro bikes, windsurf, canoe and sunfish) and massage facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Tamarind Beach Hotel & Yacht Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarind Beach Hotel And Yacht Club
- Tamarind Beach Hotel & Yacht Club Canouan, St. Vincent And The Grenadines