“A pleasant and informative way to spend a couple of hours.” 4 of 5 stars

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Bribie Island, Australia
18 attraction reviews
“A pleasant and informative way to spend a couple of hours.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I first went to the museum shortly after it opened in 2010 and frankly I was fairly underwhelmed and wrote it off as a waste of time and resources. Recently I accompanied some visitors who expressed an interest in seeing the permanent Ian Fairweather display.

To my surprise I was extremely impressed (as were my guests) with not only the hugely informative display and short video presentation on the eccentric artist and recluse, but also with the other standing exhibits that focus on the history of Bribie and its various historical highlights and lowlights, including its visit by Flinders and Bongaree and the ensuing "skirmish" with the locals.

The volunteer staff were affable, interested, enthusiastic and knowledgeable.... it was a nicely informative experience. I'll be back.

Visited October 2013